All time favorite Bulletin Boards!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by MissE, Oct 10, 2006.

1. MissE

MissE Rookie

Oct 10, 2006

Hi everyone! I have just been assigned to a longterm sub job for a teacher who will be on maternity leave. Which I am thrilled about. The teacher isn't leaving until he end of January. This is the first time I will have my own classroom so I want to start planning some of the "extra" stuff now......So long story short. I was wondering what is your favorite all time bulletin board you ever did?? It doesn't matter what it was for...any holiday...or subject... I just want to get some of that time consuming stuff out of the way so I can spend more of my time on planning and working in the classroom!!!:love: :thanks:

3. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2006

4. grade1teacher

grade1teacher Companion

Oct 12, 2006

The above BB is fabulous :)
    I don't know what grade you will be teaching, but I know my students LOVE having a part in making whateever it is. Sure, it may not look as "proffesional" but every year it comes out differently and the kids are very likely to use it and take pride in it.
    Examples: if you are learning about the dessert/ ocean, rainforest ets. Have each student make a model/drwaing about one of the animals/plants/characteristics that you have lewarned about in that unit and mount it in the appropriate spot on your bulletin board. you will then have a giant sized, student-created scene of your unit.

Or make an interactive board, where students use the information daily or during free time. I had a "curiosity corner" BB. Our city's newspaper has a weekly section about different topics in the comics section for kids: (on everything from tornadoes to koalas or theme parks) all in kid friendly, fun format. I clipped it and would create small worksheets, word puzzles etc. The bulletin board had pockets where I would store theses worksheets. They ended up getting research skills, because they needed to read the info to do the worksheets. And they loved it. It was also easy - I didnt change the background or anything, just the info.
    Have fun!!

5. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Oct 12, 2006

This is one of my favorite fall ones, I got it from some Bulletin Board book:

Don't be scared of compound words! - I have the kids make scarecrows - on the inside arms are the two separate words (straw and berry) then they fold the arms in and write the compound words. They love it!

This is one I came up with on my own:

While we're reading Charlotte's Web - I got a large spider web from a craft store and cut out the letters of the words Charlotte writes in her web. Each time she writes a new word, after school, I change the words in the web. I use this board to display some of the work we do in response to the book - the kids love this one too.

6. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2006

I just finished my Charlotte's Web read aloud and we finished with the movie. I want to compare/contrast the two but I also want to do a bulletin board on the book. Can you tell me more about your BB for Charlotte's Web??? How did you set it up and how was the board used??