All About Me brochure

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by scooter503, Jun 25, 2008.

1. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jun 25, 2008

I've seen a lot of posts about an All About Me brochure. I'm thinking of putting one together, either to mail with applications or to bring on interviews (if/when I actually get one). I'm wondering what stuff people include (for those who've made one)? I'm assuming you use a regular tri-fold set up. Just looking for suggestions...or does anyone have a sample I could see?

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2008

I have a tri-fold brochure where I have my name, a picture of me and my certifications listed on the front cover. Then on the first third on the inside I have my teaching experiences listed. On the next third I have my education and the last third I have different teaching strategies listed. On the very back I just have my contact information and on the last part I have a very abbreviated teaching philosophy. Also, there are pictures included throughout. If you would like to see it just pm your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

4. colie

colie Companion

Jun 25, 2008

Jessica..I really like this idea. I will pm you also!

5. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jun 25, 2008

much like Jessica mine was a tri-fold brochure with experience, philosophy, classroom management, etc. Also had pictures of me with students engaged in cooperative learning environments, etc. You can also pm me if you need any additional information. :)

6. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jun 26, 2008

Thanks

Thanks Jessica. Now that I have a sample I kind of know what to put together. I'm hoping to have one ready to go by the time I have my interview next week so I can leave it with them.

7. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Jun 26, 2008

Quick question for anyone here: what kind of paper did you use to print your brochures?

Thanks for your help! Good luck with the job search, Scooter!! :)

8. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jun 27, 2008

I used the name you would use for your resume. Don't used anything heavier, as it would be hard to fold. I learned from experience.

9. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Jun 27, 2008

Thank you, vsimpkins!!! :D

10. wildcat82

wildcat82 Rookie

Jun 27, 2008

Just as a suggestion...I did this during an interview and got a call that night that I got the job. The people interviewing you are going to find out all they need to know about you through their questions and paperwork they have already seen on you. What I did, that they ALL LOVED, was show examples of things I use in my classroom which display the type of teacher I am.

I made a brochure for the interview...but it was not about me, it was to the future parents of my classroom. I just chose to use the grade level I was student teaching in and made a fabulous brochure that had all kinds of different topics in it that a parent would like to know. Some of mine where: Classroom management, how to contact me, who I am, important dates, grading schedule, how homework works, the clasrroom rules, how to volunteer, etc. The people interviewing me could instantly tell how committed I was to quality parent teacher communication. I had 5 or 6 ready, and go thing...there were 5 people at my interview! I also had 5 presentation portfolio of clear plastic sleeves (from walmart $2) that contained copies of all my important documents someone might want to see. I.E. my certification, letters of rec, proof of state tests, transcripts, awards I had recieved, etc.

I also passed out a copy of my weekly bulletin called the Ketchum Column that details announcemnts, tests, homework, etc. The more you pass out, the more they will not stare you down! I had something to hand them a couple times during the interview and they could tell I was very prepared. Luckily, I was the first of 18 people they hired. It might be worth the time it takes to put the things together!! Good luck!

11. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Jun 27, 2008

Awesome suggestions, wildcat!!! Methinks I might have to steal them.... :whistle: