After retirement...beginning the bucket list

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by swansong1, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Mar 12, 2019

My retirement is probably 23 years from now so I definitely don't wait to live life now.
    This summer I'm taking a road trip to Alaska with my dog(s), from California along the coast, through Canada and come back through Montana.
    I'd recommend the following:
    - I've been to both sides of the Grand Canyon, the Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon - Utah and Arizona are absolutely gorgeous, I plan on going back and explore more
    - Switzerland, Austria, Lichtenstein (last summer)
    - Croatia (2 years ago)
    - Greece (about 28 years ago).
    Travel is definitely worth spending the money, but there are so many things and places you can see in this country.

stephenpe and futuremathsprof like this.
  2. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 12, 2019

Let me recommend the Hurtigruten, the ships that ply the coast of Norway from Bergen north and then east to Kirkenes, on the Russian border. These ships' chief function is to provide transportation for people and goods - it takes less time to sail across the mouth of a fjord than to drive all the way around it, so the Hurtigrut is basically an intertown bus route done by boat - but the Norwegian government realized fairly early on that hauling sightseers was a great way to pay for the service, so each ship has staterooms and a full (and skilled!) kitchen. The round trip takes eleven days, and the scenery is amazing.

Mrs. K. and futuremathsprof like this.
  3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 12, 2019

That sounds like a trip to add to my list!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  4. Kardinal

Kardinal Rookie

Mar 13, 2019

Traveling is cool! :) The main thing is to plan out where and how you want to go.