Advice on a Life mishap. Pleas Help

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherCuriousExplore, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Comrade

Jul 16, 2017

Hey you all, it has been awhile since I made a post. Lately, I have been going through a few positives and negatives. A positive is that my part time job as VIPKID teacher is so successful. I made enough money from VIPKID and my brick and mortar check to cover late bills, groceries, and decor items for my apartment that I have been living in since February. I enjoy teaching ESL online so much that I am in the process of being hired at a company that hires tutors to teach ESL to Adults all over the world via my laptop. This company pays every week and will be great whenever I need quick cash. The new school year is approaching and I have completed lesson plans for the month of August! I also saved enough cash to fund new items for my Pre-Kindergarten classroom. However, I can not help but to feel down because of the negatives. I am still grieving from the break up with my fiance. In my moment of grievance I decided to meet up with a guy friend for casual fun. I am not sure what clouded my brain to make the decision to not use protection! The worst mistake I ever made. He happened to be a carrier of Trichomonas which is a parasitic infection. I found out 2 weeks after the tryst when I was having symptoms. I went to my gyno for blood work and a routine screen and she told me that it was Trich. Never heard of it until then. She gave me 2 pills and it left. I was so livid, disgusted and hurt. I became depressed for 2 weeks. I've known this guy friend for years and was so angry that he passed off a parasite to me!
    I am now in counseling to help me cope with my depression and it really works! Well, the therapist advised me that I should take on activities that will help ease my mind. Aside from the new hobby of online teaching, I decided to join a gym class. A guy approached me from the class for my number. We were texting and really getting the feel of each other until I told him about contracting a STI. He became surprised and stop responding to me. I tried to explain that I am cured and can not pass something I do not have. This has made me feel so down once again. Will I ever marry? Have kids?

I understand it is a curable STI but there is still stigma around Sexually Transmitted Infections. I do not want to date ever again. I am going to focus on healing completely

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2017

[​IMG]

4. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 16, 2017

What does that suppose to mean

5. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 16, 2017

Oh lol! Jesus Take the Wheel! LOL!

Caesar753 likes this.
  6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2017

Really, though, I know you know this, but you need to make better decisions. You're an adult with a job and an apartment. You don't need to be sleeping with people without protection. I make no judgment about the casual nature of this most recent relationship, but that type of activity needs to be accompanied by smart choices.

This isn't going to destroy your future, and the right guy isn't going to avoid you because of this bad decision. Keep in mind that this isn't the worst thing that could happen. You could become pregnant or catch something deadly. If that happens it could definitely affect your future. Do better next time.

czacza likes this.
  7. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 16, 2017

Thanks for the advice and I agree 100%. The situation certainly made me more of aware of my poor decision making skills.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 16, 2017

I still have a hard time believing your posts are real. Sorry if I am wrong.

czacza likes this.
  9. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 16, 2017

Just because life experiences such as these are not in your bubble if life does not make them unreal.
    I worked a brief time in social services and came I'm contact with people with a lot of life mishaps that seemed highly unreal.
    Yes I contracted a sti and yes, I make poor decisions.

10. vickilyn

vickilyn Maven

Jul 16, 2017

I'm not sure that this is the forum for talking about unprotected sex, STD's, and never ending poor choices that all seem to revolve around relationships, some very brief, some displaying poor choices. It worries me about choices you may make as a teacher, and this is a teacher forum. If you air dirty laundry here, most readers will wonder if your choices as a teacher are any better. If you really did work in social services you are aware that telling an unplanned child that they were a mistake is devastating, with long range detrimental effects. I've met people who seem to share your mishaps, and I don't think this is the forum for those discussions. Just my opinion, of course.

a2z, Upsadaisy, bella84 and 1 other person like this.
  11. SageScience

SageScience Companion

Jul 16, 2017

*hugs* This too shall pass. It's curable and that's the most important part. We are all human and make mistakes to a varying degree.
    Focus on yourself right now and keep your STI private. Don't share that with others - especially if it gets cured. I am happy that your job is going well and that things are looking up for you. Continue with counseling. Depression is no joke! I highly recommend staying single and focusing on bettering yourself first. Being single is hard but it helps give you strength. Focus on doing a good job in your work and also find hobbies where you can really immerse yourself and find an outlet.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 16, 2017

I really wish you the best in your future and that you think much more before your actions. Not only should there have been worry about getting an STD, but what if you had gotten pregnant? You know the guy friend would be long gone in a flash. If a person does something like this so hastily, I worry what other decisions in numerous other aspects of your life you'll make. It's scary and not good.

13. rpan

rpan Companion

Jul 17, 2017

You caught a lucky break with this being a curable STI. You seem to be on a good thing with getting things back on track and had a little setback. Focus on continuing on the good track and live and learn. We all make bad decisions every so often, it doesn't negate the good things we have done or accomplished but it's the one who keeps making the same bad decisions that is the fool. Let that not be you.

TeacherCuriousExplore likes this.
  14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Aficionado

Jul 17, 2017

I believe it. I know a few people who are not winning at the game of life by any means. Unfortunately,there are lots of people act this way and are seemingly adults.

15. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 17, 2017

Hello, thanks a lot for your warm words. I am now on a new path of life and working on making the right choices

16. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 17, 2017

So you're saying that every teacher on earth is perfect and always make the right decisions in their personal lives? I think not. Are you reading or watching the news about teachers that are sleeping with their students? I am not trying to bring down someone's situation to make mine seem less of a problem, but clearly there are teachers that are less than perfect. That does not take away from the fact that they love their job. Personal life and work life shouldn't even be related.

17. a2z

a2z Phenom

Jul 17, 2017

Yes. They should when it comes to skills that cross the boundaries of both aspects of a person's life. Good judgement and choices is required in both life and teaching. People do make mistakes, but when a pattern emerges it points to something bigger than just a mistake. It shows a lack of ability to assess situations or an inability/indifference to make choices that will benefit rather than harm yourself and those around you. Neither of which bode well in a classroom. While the latter may not indicate that the problem will follow into the classroom, it doesn't exclude it. The former will definitely follow into the classroom.

Upsadaisy and vickilyn like this.
  18. a2z

a2z Phenom

Jul 17, 2017

I hope it goes well for you.

19. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 17, 2017

I disagree with this. Most of my bad experiences has taught me a lot about life. Pepe have choices to either keep making bad mistakes or to turn those mistakes into teachable moments. Contracting a sti and going through a horrible brake up with my fiance really inspired to be a voice for young women and a sex health advocate. Just because someone persona lives is in shambles does not mean they will continue these poor choices at their jobs.

20. vickilyn

vickilyn Maven

Jul 17, 2017

You missed my point. This is a teacher's forum, and you are presenting "situations" that really are not teacher related other than the fact that I have doubts that you are a teacher, but if you are, your life choices certainly create doubt in my mind and the mind's of others about your choices as a teacher. No where did I say teachers were perfect, only that this is not the forum of choice for the topics you seem to want to deal with.. Actually your personal situation should remain a bit more personal, IMHO, and I'm not a prude, but do prefer to follow teacher issues on this forum without a dose of "mishaps and poor life choices" that always seem to be sexual in nature. I'm a science teacher - no one needs to give me a lesson on how the birds and the bees works.

Caesar753 and Upsadaisy like this.
  21. TeacherCuriousExplore

Jul 17, 2017

Firstly, I am a young teacher that is still learning life. This section is titled "teacher time out". Meaning that is for things unrelated to teaching. You are being a prude if you feel as if teachers don't have sexual mistakes or contract STIs. I personally know a teacher that contracted herpes while she was in college and also had a lot of mistakes with men. She's now a great teacher at a prominent university. She became my light through all of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.