addressing a wide range of skills in the classroom

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Guest, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Feb 22, 2003

I recently graduated and am looking for a teaching position for the fall. The district I hope to teach in is an inclusive district. I know that there will be a wide range of skills and abilities in one classroom. How can a teacher effectively address all students' skills and abilities and be sure that all students are being challenged and learning something. I know cooperative learning is a good way for students to learn and help each other while hearing different viewpoints, but I'm looking for some more tips and ideas to implement in the classroom. I'm open to and appreciate all suggestions.
    Thanks, Chris
  3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2001
    Feb 22, 2003

This is the challenge in all classrooms- not all kids who hve needs qualify for pull outs and you always have diverse skills, readiness, personalities, learning styles, etc!! I'm taking a class right now on Differentiated Learning- You might want to do some reading up in that area-
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Feb 24, 2003

I took your advice and found a book that I found to helpful and a great resource for any teacher who would like to try differentiated instruction. It is titled: Differentiating Instruction in the Regular Classroom. How to Reach and Teach All Learners, Grades 3-12. It is by Diane Heacox, ED.D Thanks Again!