Acupressure Wristband

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Jan 10, 2017.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Aficionado

Jan 10, 2017

Has anyone ever used these while on a cruise?

BF and I just booked a spring break cruise and I'm really nervous about becoming ill due to motion sickness. I've never been on a cruise before; however, I always do perfectly fine in planes, trains, and automobiles!

If you have used some sort of sea sickness bracelet, did you find it effective? Or, can you provide any other tips/advice? We will be staying in a mid-ship stateroom, which will be playing it safe.

Thanks, friends!

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Phenom

Jan 10, 2017

One of my friends packs Granny Smith apples. She swears they keep motion sickness at bay.

4. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jan 11, 2017

I question the science behind such bracelets. I have yet to hear a good explanation for exactly how they work or what they do. (I may be thinking of other "miracle" bracelets though that are supposed to improve you balance, and center your chi or whatever).

5. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Jan 11, 2017

My husband gets seasick, and he has used these on trips we have taken. He found them to be very effective and very fast-acting.

6. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jan 11, 2017

There are also little round patches that go behind the ear for motion sickness.

When I took my cruise years ago, we all could've used those or the bracelets one. Bleh.

7. otterpop

otterpop Fanatic

Jan 11, 2017

You might also want some seasick medicine. I was horribly seasick on a cruise once - drank a bit too much the night before, and hangover + seasick = no good. After a few hours of total misery I called the ship's infirmary, they sent some cheap pills up, and I felt immensely better after taking them. Sorry, I don't know what kind they were (maybe Bonine?), but I'd have some on hand just in case!

If you aren't bothered by other travel, though, you might be fine. I hope you will! Despite all of the above, cruises are so much fun!

8. bros

bros Phenom

Jan 12, 2017

My aunt gets seasick - my uncle prescribes her one of those patches that goes behind the ear and she never gets seasick.