A very decorated high school classroom!

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by thatgirlyouknow, Jul 21, 2013.

1. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 10, 2013

I love your quote wall and your Bravo board, especially!

2. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013

I think your high schoolers will appreciate/enjoy the decor. Good luck!

3. thatgirlyouknow

thatgirlyouknow Rookie

Aug 11, 2013

A glass door that leads outside. I bought tarps and cut them in half and I left one whole so we could work outside more this year. So we can go outside and still do groupwork or we could use the whole tarp and do Socratic Seminars or whole group readings still. :) The curtain just helps with the lighting AND keeps them from lookey-looing outside during class.

Ahhh that quote took FOREVER! Haha. I sketched it all out, though, instead of using my projector (like a dodo), so that's why it took so long. And I LOVE my Bravo Boards! Everything stays so neat and it's super easy to change out student work.

I had my desks similar last year and they didn't have any problems. I asked the 9th grade teachers if they thought the kids coming to me could handle it, though, so I suggest you do the same before you just go headfirst into it. My students don't use laptops a lot, as we don't have that much technology at our school, but you could tape a surge protector in spaces between groups (where they probably wouldn't walk) and connect them all somehow. Not sure though. :/

4. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2013

I love the room and to think that this is a high school room. My daughter is taking English II and she just told me that on the first day of school, her teacher had them put up bulletin board paper and board in her classroom. Your kids are going to love it! I wish my daughter was in your class. :)

5. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 13, 2013

OP, I saw someone pinned your Bravo board on Pinterest!

6. AZALE

AZALE Rookie

Aug 13, 2013

I already said that I loved your Bravo board and want to do something similar. But, I am curious as to what you hand in the clipboards. Do you post a really good essay written by a student? Do the other students actually stop to read it?

7. thatgirlyouknow

thatgirlyouknow Rookie

Aug 14, 2013

It just depends. Sometimes I put a test and sometimes I put written work. The kids seem to like being on the boards since they're pretty much the first thing you notice once you're really in the room. They don't normally stop to read it, but they do stop to see who made it up there. And it also satisfies the student work requirements of my parish. :)

YOU'RE LYING!! :D Post a link!

Thank you! :) I wanted a classroom I wouldn't mind being in every year. The kids seem to like it, too.

8. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

Aug 21, 2013

I adore your word wall!

9. Residentmaid

Residentmaid New Member

Feb 9, 2015

I would love to see pics of your room, but the pics wont show up. Are they available somewhere else?

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2015

The OP hasn't been on the boards in nearly a year.

11. thatgirlyouknow

thatgirlyouknow Rookie

Jun 29, 2017

It's crazy that this has been pinned so many times! :D

I moved schools a couple of years ago. I miss this classroom SO much! I'll post pictures of my new room when it's ready for this upcoming year.