A Bit of Inspiration

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Obadiah, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Habitué

Jun 28, 2017

Monday, I was in the local library. A 10-12 year old boy brought a handful of carefully selected books to the check out desk. He didn't have DVD's or video games, just books. After the librarian stamped his books he smiled and politely said, "Thank you very much." I thought to myself, "Wow! Alright! Chalk one up for today's youth!"

3. Obadiah

Obadiah Habitué

Aug 9, 2017

Very good point! Some kids see their parents saying "please", "thank you", and behaving tactfully towards others, but it is just a pretense. To these parents, courtesy is a means to an end, to achieving what they want in situations. These same parents boss their kids around, rarely thank them, and are just plain rude to them. By coincidence, I was dreaming last night about the song, "Yackity-Yack"; for some kids, that's how they perceive their parental relationship.

The cliché, "Children should be seen and not heard", which for some today has been rephrased, "Children should be invisible and not heard," does not hold true. The best parenting tools are the parent's two ears. Meaningful conversation outweighs yackity-yacking any day.

Alene likes this.