4 block balance literacy model

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by kaytee, Jun 12, 2003.

1. kaytee

kaytee Guest

Jun 12, 2003

I have an interview this coming Tuesday and an to plan a 10 min. lesson using Pat Cunninghan's 4 block balance literacy model. The problem is I've never heard of it. One book I have talks about 3 blocks, not 4. I have also tried looking online but have not been successful in finding a definition of it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help!! Thank you:)
  3. Cindy

Cindy Companion

May 25, 2003
    Jun 12, 2003

4 Block

If you go to the Carson Dellosa web site they have everything to do with 4 block, mostly things to buy, however they did have a spot that says it will take you to the 4 block web site. I hope this helps.
  4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Jun 12, 2003

www.readinglady.com has LOTS of stuff on 4 Blocks...

They carry all the Carson Dellosa books, plus there is a lot of free resource info
  5. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Mar 21, 2003
    Jun 13, 2003

Good luck at your interview! You probably won't have time to go buy books, so try checking out these sites. There are tons of lesson plans online using 4 Blocks. The 4 Blocks are: guided reading, self-selected reading, working with words and writing. You can also search for Patricia Cunningham and Dorothy Hall.

This site briefly explains each block.

This site has links to other sites w/4 Blocks info.

***This is great for explaining, examples, templates, etc.

I did a google search using four block literacy, four block lesson plans, etc. and there are lots of sites and links.
  6. kaytee

kaytee Guest

Jun 16, 2003

Thank you:)

Thank you so much for your help! :)