1/2 Day Pre-K Job Charts

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by jeepgirlsrock, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jeepgirlsrock

jeepgirlsrock Rookie

Jul 24, 2016

What does your job chart look like if you teach pre-k? All of the ones on tpt don't seem feasible for my classroom. Sometimes I have classes of 15 in the AM and 20-22 in the PM. Feel free to send me your templates/pictures of what they look like. T.I.A.!

3. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

Jul 24, 2016

I teach 1/2 day as well, 19 am and 19pm students. We just don't have time to do job charts like a full day program. I do a "helper of the day" and rotate students each day. Another teacher in my building does a boy helper and girl helper each day.

jeepgirlsrock and czacza like this.
  4. Audria007

Audria007 Rookie

Jul 26, 2016

A friend of mine does super hero of the week. It used to be prince or princess of the week but her class was obsessed with super hero's so she changed it. At the end of each week she would draw a name out of her jar and that person would be the super hero the next week. It was really cute she had the parents help the kids make an all about me poster and hang it up under a sign that she made that said super hero of the week. That person would be helper all week then Friday that super hero would draw a new name

5. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Jul 26, 2016

I teach half days as well and I have 8 jobs that I rotate every day, and the kids know not everyone will have a job every day. This makes the jobs more meaningful

Calendar helper
    Weather reporter
    Line leader
    Caboose
    Light monitor
    Meal helper (breakfast in AM, lunch in PM)
    Center tag collector
    Classroom ambassador (greets visitors or new children, primary teachers helper)