☼ ☼ Summer Shape-Up! ☼ ☼

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, May 31, 2010.

1. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jun 12, 2010

Ohhhh - I have been avoiding this thread too. But I have already started a Tapnburn class and I love it! It is the most fun way to work out. I hope it really does burn some weight off of me. I like the idea of limiting soda to weekends. Too bad I am leaving for a camping trip tomorrow - the smores call to me! I will hike everyday to try to make up for them. :whistle:

2. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 13, 2010

I have been drinking sugar free iced tea, ice water with lime and skim milk. On occasion I will have some diet soda but I realized that if don't buy it I can't drink it! I just stay out of the soda aisle.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 13, 2010

Oh dear, not my best regarding working out this wk at all. :( I've gotta lose this next wk here!

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2010

So, that before and after picture won't be for another few months (I'm thinking Thanksgiving, actually), but I am truly changing my diet...I'm not on a diet. So I'm happy about that.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 10, 2010

I agree about the term "diet". I prefer to call it a WAY OF EATING. I have changed my way of eating and cut out sugar, white flour and any processed, packaged junk. Now if it would just stop getting so HOT outside so I can take some nice long walks LOL

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2010

I, um, might have put on about 6 lbs so far. I've been out of school for a month... but I've only had about 13 days off b/c of trainings. And I have a about 10 days before I leave on vacation. I was doing my Pilates and then I just sort of... didn't.

Tomorrow: Better eating. Pilates.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 10, 2010

I have been doing these Cardio/Dance workouts on Netflix. They are really fun and get you moving. Some of the dance steps are tricky but I got the hang of them after a while. I'm just glad nobody was watching me do it LOL

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 10, 2010

I'm trying to keep up the exercise & eating well. I didn't eat as lightly as I could have this last wk though. Once, this wk, I actually went to the gym & walked my dog in one morning...I've never done that!

9. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jul 10, 2010

I've been trying to shed my pregnancy weight off for a year and have been very successful. I gained 50lbs and got it off! Now, I want to do another 10lbs so that I can get to my personal goal.

I have never been an exerciser though I've tried. Just can't get consistent with it. I still lost weight though it was probably slower and my flab is not toned...

I agree that I am NOT on a diet. I can eat ANYTHING I want to. I just have to be smart about it! Whole wheat pastas, breads and rice are my staples. I check the nutrition label for serving size, calories, fat, and fiber. It is not worth it to me if something at 1/4 of a cup is 200 calories, 10g of fat and 1g of fiber. NO WAY! I also eat a lot of vegis and drink a lot of water. I am on...WEIGHT WATCHERS ; ) I have lost 50lbs in 10 mos prior to getting pregnant and kept it off for 5 years then I got pregnant.

I have started to go to Zumba once a week. However 2 weeks ago I gained 5 lbs! This week I lost 3lbs so I now know that my muscles were developing 2 weeks ago and weren't ready to burn off that fat yet. This past week they burned off 3 lbs of fat = ) yea!

Saturdays are my "free days" in which I still watch what I eat BUT I give myself a few treats. This has always been successful for me. HOWEVER, I just learned to AVOID DOMINO'S PASTA BOWLS!!! I thought they weren't too bad until I saw the calories! Holy cow! That's 3 days worth of calories for me!!!

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2010

I'm on my exercise bike for 1/2 hour every morning and another 1/2 hour most nights. I don't want to lose any more weight, just maintain the 20+ pound weight loss I accomplished over the year, stay fit and in shape. I eat 'lighter' in the summer anyway but I won't deny myself a glass of sangria or an occasional ice cream...it's summer!! :)

11. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 10, 2010

I am back on this thread now and I am planning to get back at working out more regulary. Last night I walked about 4 miles and today we walked about 2 and played a little volleball outside. I need to incorporate more weights and yoga though. That will be my goal this week, one day of yoga and one day of weights.

12. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2010

Last summer I lost 15 lbs and felt really good. Unfortunately, I gained back 7 during the school year and now I'm down 5 again since school got out on June 15. My preferred exercise in the summer is walking 4 or 5 miles out in the hot sun and sweating to death while drinking cold water so I don't pass out. LOL Something about this brutal routine keeps me motivated! MAybe because the results are so visible. I lose it off of my waist and back when I walk.I love the leisure of summer when I can sweat and exercise and not have to worry about running home to shower and get to work. My summer goal is 15 pounds again.

13. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Jul 16, 2010

I weigh myself, but only rarely. I mainly go by, "hey these pants are tight, I must've gained weight," or "heeeyyyy, I didn't even have to do the pants dance to get these jeans on, and they're straight out of the dryer! I must be doing something right!"

Lately, my pants have been a little snug, so I've decided to do something about it. I'm trying to eat healthier and have cut out soda. This is ROUGH because I love my Dr Pepper!

I just finished day 6 of Insanity. I hadn't really heard of it till I read about it in the Lifestyle Changes thread, but I LOVE it. It's a little pricey up front ($160ish), but it's even better than when I was paying $232/month for a real live personal trainer, so it's worth the money to me.

Plus, usually about halfway through the workouts, Shaun T gets hot and takes his shirt off. :wub:

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2010

I've been okay with my workouts. I'm running a bit longer, and lifting heavier weights. Swimming is about the same. I work out for about an hour and a half three days a week. Today is my day. I hope I feel the energy to go. :D