☼ ☼ Summer Shape-Up! ☼ ☼

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, May 31, 2010.

1. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2010

Post pictures........:p

2. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 1, 2010

kc~soda was my biggest weakness too and I never could get off them completely, but I've started having bladder problems any time I drink a soda so that's enough to make me quit cold turkey.

3. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jun 1, 2010

So I checked online and found out heads only weigh around 8-12 lbs. I don't know why I thought it would weigh a lot more :D

4. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jun 1, 2010

I'm in! I'm training for a half marathon and trying to lose another 15ish pounds. Woo!

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2010

I 'gave up" soda in January, and by gave up, I mean I might let myself have one 1-2 times a month. But it has been very hard lately, I think because it is warm and I don't want coffee anymore. Instead I want a nice cold coke. I actually had 2 in one day the other day because it was SOOO hot in my classroom and the cokes were nice and cold. lol. But I am going to try to hold out without having one at least the rest of the year.

This time with weight loss I am trying not to fall into the trap of eating processed junk. It is so easy to reach for a Crystal Light over a glass of 100% fruit juice with soda water mixed in, or a fiber one bar over a bowl of oatmeal, because the processed stuff has fewer calories. But it has more crap in it that I just don't want to eat anymore. Sometimes eating quality food means having to eat a little less.

6. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2010

Here's my issue.

I bike about 100-140 miles a week. Fast.

But only because I do it on my way to and from work.

In the summer, I don't really have anywhere to ride to, so I don't ride that much.

Need to fix that. Somehow.

7. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jun 2, 2010

So are we doing pictures or no pictures?

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 6, 2010

Post away! :)

My final day of work is Tuesday, so at that point I really intend to get to business...these last few days haven't been horrible considering all of the cakes and treats and reasons to celebrate! My goals are:

1) To sleep eight hours each night (I normally get five).
    2) To use our at-home "gym" five days per week for interval workouts.
    3) To drink more water (I only drink water, but I can go until late afternoon before drinking a drop!)
    4) To improve my diet. I won't even get into my issues there.
    5) To wear a particular pair of jeans by August 1st.

And then I shall consider my next round of goals...

9. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 7, 2010

So far so good. I went to the gym today and completed my second day of my "running training" (I'm so out of shape this is actually a pre-running training before I can even get to the actual running training schedule).

Then, I lifted weights afterward. Feel SO good to have gotten that done. :)

My goals:
    1) strengthen my legs and butt muscles.
    2) I love how toned my arms look, but I want to get them just a bit more toned, then I'll be 100% happy.
    3) lose my pooch.

So, how are you guys doing so far?

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 7, 2010

I'm still doing Crossfit twice a week, although I'm hoping to do more workouts on my own during the week once school is out. I'm also hoping to improve my eating-I'm still failing miserably at eating healthier. Grrrr.

But I'm getting much, much stronger. I've spent all weekend working on Sprout inventory. I went to move this really heavy wood dining table in the Sprout garage so I could put up some shelving. But I was lazy and didn't want to take the 900 pounds of books, fish tanks, breakable scales and other fragile, yet heavy items off the top. As I was scooting it over to it's new location, one of the legs fell off and everything began to slide.... But I was able to lift the table up while squatting down and using my leg to grab the rogue appendage. Five seconds later it was reattached. I then used my Hulk strength to empty the table before moving it again. I was also able to impress the heck out of a janitor yesterday with my book box lifting abilities, and I emptied the cargo van in about 10 minutes-woot!!

11. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 7, 2010

I have been walking most evenings and now hubby and I are biking 6-10 miles a few evenings a week. I am requiring that he make me stick to that so we'll see how it goes. I may try a little running this summer and I am looking for a yoga class.

12. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 8, 2010

Sounds great, girls! :)

My summer begins officially tomorrow! I'm ready for this!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 9, 2010

Uh oh, I skipped the last two days of working out at the gym. I'm definitely going tomorrow!

14. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 9, 2010

I skipped yesterday, but I am planning on biking again tomorrow...I mean today. I think that was my subconscience.

15. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 9, 2010

I had a great workout yesterday.
    -I ran for 20 minutes
    -lifted weights for 20 minutes
    -swam for 20 minutes

16. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jun 9, 2010

We've had ballgames in the evenings and I've been taxi-ing kids around during the day so I've missed the last two days. I will exercise today after family pictures this afternoon (if it doesn't rain).

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 12, 2010

Well, my Summer hasn't started yet but I'd like to join your little "club". I seem to be stalled with my shape-up efforts but by the end of the month I should have more time to really focus on doing better. I just found out that my cousin is getting married this coming Fall so I'm hoping to be able to fit into a stunning dress! In the next month or so I think I will start trying on dresses to get myself more motivated, especially in the exercise department.

18. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2010

I went to the gym once this past week. I need to get back into the routine of going every day. All of a sudden, I can't drink sodas without getting a horrible bladder infection so I've given up sodas cold turkey b/c the pain just isn't worth it! So hopefully with that out of the way I can lose a few pounds.

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 12, 2010

I didn't lose as much as I wanted to these last couple wks. I've got to when I weigh in next wk!

20. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jun 12, 2010

It is do hot here already that I am hitting up the wii on a regular basis. Minus 25 pounds, here I come!