☼ ☼ Summer Shape-Up! ☼ ☼

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, May 31, 2010.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 31, 2010

Okay, so it's too depressing to even click on previous threads about weight-loss. You know, the ones in which I stated firmly and with all the confidence in the world that this Monday was it, the beginning? Yeah, I just can't go back to that. So, if anyone else is interested, let's use this as a fresh place to post about our Summer Shape-Up! It doesn't have to mean a weekly weigh-in or anything of that nature...just a place to discuss our journey. :)

June 1st is tomorrow, the official start of my summer weight-loss efforts.

Anyone?

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

May 31, 2010

I'm in...here we go again!!!!:p

4. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

May 31, 2010

I'm in too.

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 31, 2010

Blech...I'm in. I was suppose to go to the gym today and instead I came home and changed my cable provider...:D

6. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

May 31, 2010

Count me in. I have got to do better than I did last summer. I'm dangerously flirting with a number I cannot tolerate. Now that all the birthdays and holidays are out of the way, watch out!

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 31, 2010

Great!

And Proud, no worries...gym, schmym. June 1st isn't until tomorrow! Live it up, ladies! :)

8. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 31, 2010

Count me in, too! I did really well last summer, but then fell off this winter. I'm going to be spending a few weeks at my parents, and I have to figure out a plan for exercising there...

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 31, 2010

I want to lose 50 lbs this summer. A lofty goal, but I will see how close I get. Family circle has a great walking guide each month, so it switches it up for you. It also has a lot of menus. I like it.

I started seeing a weight loss counselor and she is encouraging her clients to use Simply Slimmer. I might buy the book and try it for 10 weeks (but not the vitamins).

I am in a weird place right now because since middle school, probably, I have always been comfortable with the way I look. I never let being overweight affect my confidence or how felt about myself or the things I would do. But for some reason it is really starting to affect me. I feel fat and ugly all the time and the extra weight is really starting to take a toll on my body. It is definitely time to do something here.

10. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

May 31, 2010

I'm in. I've avoided other threads because I don't need to lose weight, however it would be nice to be toned up and "fit". My goal is to run at least once a week, do a p90x workout once a week and bike/walk/rollerblade in between.

I cannot believe tomorrow is June 1st.

11. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 31, 2010

But, my start date is going to be June 4th--that's my start of summer break!

12. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 31, 2010

JustMe....... look deep inside yourself , really deep..... and you will find the resolve to accomplish what you want to do. So grab the resolve and DON'T LET GO. It's not easy....... but if you really want it........ you can do it!

Good luck....... Major......:)

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 31, 2010

I'm in...already lost 10 pounds recently! My plan is to keep losing 5 pounds every 2 wks until I reach my goal weight. That way, I'm still losing, but I don't have to utterly starve myself 24/7. This will definitely continue past the summer. I want to lose for my summer 2012 Olympics trip to London/Paris.

Good luck all! :thumb:

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 31, 2010

Thank you. :)

I'll show you before and after pictures...you just wait!

15. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 31, 2010

I look forward to the pics......... DON'T LET GO OF THE RESOLVE.....:hugs:

16. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

May 31, 2010

I gained 20 pounds since going into the classroom. It was all those kids and their stress! Not pie or cookies or anything. IT WAS THEM. :D err....anyhoo...I'd like to make that all go away again.

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 31, 2010

I'm in. I start out really well when we do these threads and then kinda lose my way after a few weeks. I have a gym membership now so that should make it easier. My goal is to tone up...not really lose weight (though that will help out).

18. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 31, 2010

STG, my goal is to tone up too, not lose weight. My goal has been to firm up my stomach (I've been on this mission after someone at work last year at my old school asked if I was pregnant! :()
    So, I have been working on it, but I need to vamp up my routine. I found a great workout routine in my Shape magazine using a stability ball. I did two of them and wanted to die! YAY!!!!

19. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

May 31, 2010

Count me in, too. I need to lose the weight I gained from all those birthday cupcakes the students shared with me. My start date is the 4th, too.

20. LouiseB

LouiseB Cohort

May 31, 2010

Count me in. I really would like to lose some weight this summer. I would like to lose 50 pounds but I want to be realistic and think that maybe I could lose 10 pounds by the end of summer. I need someone to ask me how I'm doing and encourage me to lose the weight!

21. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 31, 2010

Funny-tonight was our 'farewell dinner' before starting a serious month-long Paleo diet challenge at our gym. We're pretty good as it is, but this challenge is to not cheat for a month-eek! I'm hoping to drop a bit more during this time.

We've already gotten a free pass for dh's birthday party, however.

I'm down 10 pounds from when I started in March, so I'm hoping to drop at least another 5-10 this month.