YoungTeacherGuy's Recent Activity

1. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread How difficult would teaching AP classes be for a first year teacher.

My AP Spanish teacher was a native speaker who’d taught the course for years. We were a highly motivated bunch of kiddos in that class...

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:11 PM
  2. YoungTeacherGuy liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Is there such a thing as "second round" interviews?.

We have used second round interviews when our first round of interviews either didn't give us a candidate we wanted or our top candidate...

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM
  3. YoungTeacherGuy liked teacherintexas's post in the thread New Teachers and $$$.

It’s better to be overdressed than the opposite. We’ve had some new teachers who dressed far too casually and did not look professional...

Jun 16, 2018 at 10:09 AM
  4. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Who has tattoos?.

I personally don’t have any. Tattoos are a non-issue in my district.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:51 AM
  5. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread How difficult would teaching AP classes be for a first year teacher.

As a first year teacher, do what’s asked. If they need you to teach AP, respectfully ask if there are any trainings you can attend...

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:46 AM
  6. YoungTeacherGuy liked gr3teacher's post in the thread How difficult would teaching AP classes be for a first year teacher.

As a first year teacher, I'd recommend you do whatever your district tells you to do. Save the opinions for year four.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:43 AM
  7. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

I had to sit on an interview panel today. One of the candidates wore Bermuda shorts, flip flops, and had her hair tied back. She looked...

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:41 AM
  8. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Advice from those who teach the same students year-over-year.

I minored in Sociology in college, so this kind of stuff intrigues me. I truly admire what you do, Linguist!

Jun 15, 2018 at 1:03 PM
  9. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Advice from those who teach the same students year-over-year.

Why do kids who're fresh out of juvenile hall behave in this manner? Asking out of genuine curiosity.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM
  10. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread SoCal RSP Interview Process.

The goal is for students to be in the LRE (Least Restrictive Environment). Students in SDC can be mainstreamed during Science, Social...

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:36 PM
  11. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread SoCal RSP Interview Process.

Let them know that although you're green, you know how to smoothly and successfully run an IEP meeting. Additionally, you're ready to...

Jun 14, 2018 at 7:14 PM
  12. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Is it worth it to rent furniture or buy.

Am I the only one wondering if we’re all getting duped here???

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:22 PM
  13. YoungTeacherGuy liked Been There's post in the thread Is it worth it to rent furniture or buy.

Many decisions in our adult lives require the application of common sense - something that we as teachers often fail to promote the...

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:06 PM
  14. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

Agreed!!! A few years ago, one of our newbies’ classrooms gave me sensory overload! Far too overdone, unfortunately!

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:43 PM
  15. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

I’ve gotten some good finds on TPT. Their bilingual products, though, have left me underwhelmed. I’ve often had to email sellers to let...

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:39 PM

Members Online Now

1. RainStorm,
  2. Leaborb192,
  3. i.heart.trees,
  4. jadorelafrance,
  5. 2Sharp,
  6. MissCeliaB,
  7. bella84,
  8. agdamity
Total: 578 (members: 10, guests: 472, robots: 96)
test