YoungTeacherGuy's Recent Activity

1. YoungTeacherGuy liked greendream's post in the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

Yeah, I wonder that every time he successfully negotiates another improbable raise.

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:07 PM
  2. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

Anyone else curious as to whether or not this elite private school truly exists? Or if it does indeed exist, have the details been...

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:10 PM
  3. YoungTeacherGuy posted a new thread.

If You Could Meet One Member...

I know that most of us don't really know one another unless we're "friends" on social media. If you could meet one member in person,...

Forum: General Education

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:19 PM
  4. YoungTeacherGuy liked MrsC's post in the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

futuremathsprof--I suggest you think long and hard before deciding to make a jump to a public school district, even if they are high...

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:22 AM
  5. YoungTeacherGuy liked greendream's post in the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

They agreed with your logic to pay one new teacher extra based on a statewide minimum wage increase. Also, you also negotiated a cash...

6. YoungTeacherGuy liked swansong1's post in the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

Are you as open with your salary discussions at school with your colleagues as you are with us?

7. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

Yeah, no. We have smaller increases, but our base salaries are much higher that this. This is a pathetic salary schedule for SF.

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:03 PM
  8. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

My district has one of the higher salary schedules for the Central Valley (probably the highest) and the jumps are still only about $2,200.

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:16 PM
  9. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

Exactly. My district's steps are about 2k (and I thought that was high!).

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:43 PM
  10. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

I don't understand how one can become "wealthy" on a teacher's salary plus tutoring on the side. Yes, I work many 60 hour weeks, but...

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:06 AM
  11. YoungTeacherGuy liked a2z's post in the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

But some intangibles take a tremendous amount of time such as having and raising a family. In addition people who do this also like...

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:54 AM
  12. YoungTeacherGuy liked greendream's post in the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

[IMG]

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM
  13. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

I'm thinking you're in the Tracy/Livermore area. Not too familiar with Livermore, but I know home prices in Tracy are totally...

Dec 10, 2018 at 12:30 PM
  14. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Christmas break!.

Our last day is Wednesday the 19th. We dismiss at noon. I'm taking that day off, though, because we're going on a cruise to Cozumel....

Dec 10, 2018 at 12:16 PM
  15. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Number of school districts to sub at.

On a semi-unrelated note, the subs we've been getting lately have been very unprofessional/inappropriate. One sub was (almost) a...

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:52 AM

Members Online Now

Total: 282 (members: 0, guests: 217, robots: 65)
test