YoungTeacherGuy's Recent Activity

1. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Switching grade levels at the last minute.

In Kinder-3rd, we make sure classes are at 24 students, 4th-6th grade are all at 32, and 7th and above are capped at 34. That being...

Aug 14, 2018 at 10:54 AM
  2. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Switching grade levels at the last minute.

We are currently bursting at the seams in kinder and have super low numbers in 3rd. IF all the kinders show up during the first 5 days...

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:29 PM
  3. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teacher dress code......

Today is Meet & Greet (Wednesday is the first day of school, so today is the day where kids meet their teacher). All of our male...

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:11 PM
  4. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread School uniform question.

My partner teases me about my "uniform": shirt, tie, & slacks.

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:44 AM
  5. YoungTeacherGuy liked bella84's post in the thread School uniform question.

I like dress codes for students and staff. I'm not a fan of uniforms for either.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:38 PM
  6. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Teacher dress code......

It really depends on the culture of the district. Most males in my district wear jeans every day. During these hotter months, many wear...

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:35 PM
  7. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Convocation.

Maybe I wasn't clear: ours is for the entire school district (all 18 schools and their employees). It's a huge event. It last 2 hours...

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:39 PM
  8. YoungTeacherGuy posted a new thread.

Convocation

Does your district do any sort of convocation where all teachers get together for a kick-off/pep rally before school starts? Just asking...

Forum: General Education

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:21 PM
  9. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Why the principal shuffle?.

In my district, we (Principals & APs) are shuffled around every 3-5 years. It's very rare for an administrator to stay at a site longer...

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:24 PM
  10. YoungTeacherGuy liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread Members who are MIA.

I heard from Alice: she and her family were just back from - you guessed it - Disney World.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:21 AM
  11. YoungTeacherGuy replied to the thread Bathroom Talk.

Ours are unisex. I've seen it all, though: from unsightly clogged toilets to bodily fluids all over the seat. We're talking about adult...

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:35 AM
  12. YoungTeacherGuy liked otterpop's post in the thread Goal(s) for 2018-2019.

Heads up, I'm going to start another thread on meal prep in the Teacher Time Out section. I've been trying to gather recipes too. Also,...

Aug 7, 2018

Members Online Now

1. MrsC,
  2. Hokiegrad1993,
  3. dr.gator,
  4. Mrs. K.,
  5. hopetoteach,
  6. chicksmagee,
  7. txbelle,
  8. YoungTeacherGuy,
  9. czacza
Total: 584 (members: 9, guests: 483, robots: 92)
test