waterfall's Recent Activity

1. waterfall replied to the thread Situation with ST and LOR.

I was talking to my P about this the other day and she feels strongly that ST shouldn't pass her program. There is a shortage in my...

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:47 PM
  2. waterfall replied to the thread Salary Schedule Placement Question.

In my district it would, but definitely check with HR first because every district has different rules. If it were me I'd email your...

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:21 PM
  3. waterfall replied to the thread Job Fairs....

For the job fairs I've attended, the "on the spot" interviews are more like screening interviews/first round interviews. If you do well...

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  4. waterfall replied to the thread How To Answer That Question (Why Did You Leave?)/Last Principal Giving Bad Feedback.

If you left at the end of September, I would leave that job off of your resume/applications. Have you been subbing for the rest of this...

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:08 PM
  5. waterfall replied to the thread Undocumented students.

The messages coming from my district are a result of concerns they're hearing from families. People are worried about it. I have had...

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:37 PM
  6. waterfall replied to the thread Undocumented students.

Right, that's what I said...that's what FAPE is. The point is that sending kids to school isn't increasing the likelihood that they'll...

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:58 PM
  7. waterfall replied to the thread New teacher trying to relocate.

Taking the licensure tests is a good first step. Get your VA license ASAP. If you're already filling out applications and there is a...

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:55 PM
  8. waterfall replied to the thread Relocating.

You can let your P know you're looking/ask for a reference prior to actually resigning from your current position, so you don't need to...

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM
  9. waterfall replied to the thread Undocumented students.

My superintendent said there is a supreme court case, Plyer V. Doe, that says schools aren't allowed to deny students FAPE based on...

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:37 PM
  10. waterfall replied to the thread Undocumented students.

Interesting timing- my superintendent just sent out a message for staff about this today. She sent something out right after the...

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM
  11. waterfall replied to the thread When Will I Know if I'm Coming Back?.

If it were me I would ask the principal. Tell him/her that you definitely want to stay at your current school, but if things are...

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM
  12. waterfall replied to the thread Bridesmaid Proposals.

I've only seen them in the past year or two. I blame pinterest for all of this stuff getting way over the top- totally agreed about...

Feb 20, 2017

Members Online Now

1. GemStone,
  2. Xerographica,
  3. Linguist92021
Total: 487 (members: 3, guests: 401, robots: 83)
test