waterfall's Recent Activity

1. waterfall replied to the thread Negative Coworker?.

If you're not in a situation where you're really focused on a specific task, try redirecting them to talk about non-school things...

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:02 PM
  2. waterfall replied to the thread Eat with students the first week.

Like some others said, if you have a union bring it up to them and let them fight the battle for you. If you don't, personally this...

Jul 21, 2017 at 2:00 AM
  3. waterfall replied to the thread So the first day of school was delayed.

That's nice of them! That will be our 3rd week of school! We're not in the zone for the eclipse so I don't know for sure, but I feel...

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:56 AM
  4. waterfall liked anon55's post in the thread How much has teaching changed in the last 7 - 10 years?.

I think the war on teachers comes from big money interests who see a big opportunity in the public education sector to make a lot of...

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:21 PM
  5. waterfall replied to the thread Odd Question.

I was also going to ask about the difference in pay. I assume the title 1 position pays less since they don't require you to be...

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:33 PM
  6. waterfall replied to the thread Calling up schools who consistently don't offer interview?.

Make sure to read the job posting and application carefully and make sure there isn't anything saying not to contact them on there....

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:58 AM
  7. waterfall replied to the thread Reading A-Z/Raz Kids.

My school provides subscriptions to Reading A-Z. I teach small groups all day for students in K-3 and I used it frequently, especially...

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:49 AM
  8. waterfall replied to the thread Received 2 Offers - Give Advice + need advice.

I would also take a public school position over a charter in a heartbeat. Charters actually have good reputations among the general...

Jul 17, 2017

Members Online Now

1. janlee,
  2. bella84,
  3. mathteachertobe,
  4. TeacherNY,
  5. Leah
Total: 500 (members: 6, guests: 401, robots: 93)
test