waterfall's Recent Activity

1. waterfall replied to the thread Classroom Preparation.

I agree. You may find that many of the things you need are already in your classroom. When I got my first job, I was so excited that I...

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:00 AM
  2. waterfall liked bella84's post in the thread Classroom Preparation.

Honestly, just wait. Enjoy your summer. Don’t buy anything yet. Wait to find out what you need. You may just be wasting money if you...

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:48 AM
  3. waterfall replied to the thread Need Guidance Please.

1. You ask a lot of questions in the interview. Remember, you're interviewing them too. Also google the school and read the reviews...

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:21 AM
  4. waterfall replied to the thread Do you accept every interview invite?.

I'm in CO. Presumably you're not, because if you were you would have taken the survey yourself.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:29 PM
  5. waterfall replied to the thread Do you accept every interview invite?.

It seems kind of like a red flag to me that they need to call people who didn't apply- why are they struggling to get applicants,...

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:08 PM
  6. waterfall replied to the thread Calling all instructional coaches....

Good luck!

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:55 PM
  7. waterfall replied to the thread looking for some sage advice.

This is exactly what I was thinking also. I can't imagine wanting two very demanding and stressful careers back to back. Many people...

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:08 PM
  8. waterfall liked bella84's post in the thread looking for some sage advice.

It's not that I think retired 53 year olds want to sit in a rocking chair and do nothing with their lives. It's just that I'm counting...

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:05 PM
  9. waterfall replied to the thread second interview for teaching job.

Definitely keep applying/interviewing elsewhere until you know for sure, but it sounds like they may be just checking everything out and...

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM
  10. waterfall replied to the thread looking for some sage advice.

I completely agree with Bella. I don't think that you'll find teaching to be a suitable "retirement career" and subbing is not really...

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:38 PM
  11. waterfall liked bella84's post in the thread looking for some sage advice.

Personally, teaching is not the career path that I would choose going into retirement. Subbing might not be so bad, but I would want to...

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:27 PM
  12. waterfall replied to the thread Teachers in Oklahoma.

It's not as simple as "just move" for everyone. Perhaps they have family obligations that keep them in the area, or a spouse with a...

Jun 17, 2018 at 11:08 PM
  13. waterfall replied to the thread Is there such a thing as "second round" interviews?.

It does happen, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Obviously, keep applying anywhere else you can. When I was hired for my current...

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:41 PM
test