vickilyn's Recent Activity

1. vickilyn replied to the thread The Earth Is Flat ?????????.

And I have to attend mandatory PD, so I wish that Columbus had made a bigger splash. Maybe he should have kept sailing until he landed...

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:06 PM
  2. vickilyn replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Sometimes, dear friend, the best we can do is agree to disagree. I could care less about eye color, I want to know how many have...

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM
  3. vickilyn replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

. My point is that we MUST have the credentials and education to teach. I can work at some companies and make similar salaries, but my...

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM
  4. vickilyn liked swansong1's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Interesting conversation. I guess my point of view is that(as others have stated) statistics don't tell the whole truth. Your statistics...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:22 PM
  5. vickilyn liked teacherintexas's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Insurance for a family is over a thousand a month in my district. An aide I know has to pay the district for insurance because her check...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:21 PM
  6. vickilyn replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

So you don't belong in the norm with the minimum wage earners without post secondary education, in reality, do you? I worked to put...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:20 PM
  7. vickilyn replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

If my "anecdote" is fact as I have experienced requirements, I resent you attacking me. Honestly, at this point, all I asked for is...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:15 PM
  8. vickilyn liked bella84's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I get what you're doing with statistics... You're using them to make generalizations. The problem with using statistics is that is...

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:47 PM
  9. vickilyn liked bella84's post in the thread PBIS in the middle school.

I'd also like to point out that being unwilling to consider new information stemming from scientific research is practically the...

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM
  10. vickilyn liked bella84's post in the thread PBIS in the middle school.

I agree with you on the point that they will be accountable in the real world - which is why I think it's so incumbent upon us to teach...

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM
  11. vickilyn liked bella84's post in the thread PBIS in the middle school.

PBIS was around loooooong before Obama. If it was developed by the government, that's only true in the sense that it was researched and...

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM
  12. vickilyn replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I would compare only apples to apples. I don't know what the education is of "average worker", but I know minimum education of teachers....

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM
  13. vickilyn replied to the thread Organizing Academic Learning in EBD classroom (Middle School).

EBD can be uniquely different, so it will depend on how your students present. I have a great deal of difficulty imagining some of the...

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:04 PM
  14. vickilyn replied to the thread masking tape on white board - help!.

I keep Goo Gone at school and at home. It would be my very first choice with tape.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:56 PM
  15. vickilyn replied to the thread IT'S ANOTHER GIRL!.

It is nice to have her safely in your arms. Siblings can be the best distractions in the world, and best future babysitters. Best...

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:53 PM
test