vickilyn's Recent Activity

1. vickilyn replied to the thread School Location.

You may not get the responses that you desire because by and large we try to keep from giving too much information about ourselves away....

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM
  2. vickilyn replied to the thread Should I request permission from admin before starting a classroom GoFundMe?.

OP, I would never assume that it would be OK to run an online fundraiser without permission from the administration. I believe that...

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:15 PM
  3. vickilyn replied to the thread Life Advice and encouragement.

Not sure that they see you as a failure, so they treat you poorly. I'm thinking that for some perverse reason your family sets you up to...

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:53 PM
  4. vickilyn liked MrsC's post in the thread Life Advice and encouragement.

I do wish you the best, but you need the kind of support you haven't been willing to accept from members here.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:02 PM
  5. vickilyn liked Upsadaisy's post in the thread Life Advice and encouragement.

I think you need a different kind of forum at this point.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:02 PM
  6. vickilyn replied to the thread Are items purchased with instructional funds school or personal property?.

Since you were only there a semester, you really had no idea if retiring teachers were allowed to take items purchased with...

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:50 PM
  7. vickilyn replied to the thread Are items purchased with instructional funds school or personal property?.

The books never belonged to you, OP. The things like "your books" were purchased by the school through instructional funds, intended to...

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  8. vickilyn replied to the thread Throwing Out Old Coursework from Credential Program?.

I don't throw out the kind of material that you are describing. I do, however, keep it in digital format, stored on my Google drive....

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:52 PM
  9. vickilyn replied to the thread Pre-employment Drug Screening.

Your post is informative, and people who do legitimately take drugs that would set off a red flag during a drug test should stay on top...

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:36 PM
  10. vickilyn replied to the thread Did you get enough support when you first started teaching?.

I've never actually met a new teacher who felt like they received adequate help. Too many variables. Mentors are frequently not matched...

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:48 PM
  11. vickilyn replied to the thread Pre-employment Drug Screening.

Here in NJ, I can list all kinds of jobs that require passing a drug test as a condition for employment. Commercial truck drivers,...

Jul 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM
  12. vickilyn liked a2z's post in the thread Pre-employment Drug Screening.

I think part of the problem now is the legality of some drugs is put in question with states trying to allow some drugs while the...

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:57 AM
  13. vickilyn replied to the thread Pre-employment Drug Screening.

If you stick around the forums long enough, you will find out that for the most part, people are not asking about an abstract concept,...

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:18 PM
  14. vickilyn replied to the thread How do you memorize your students' name?.

I have used seating charts that show the student's picture with the name below it. I have had a software program that did this, but...

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:42 AM
test