Upsadaisy's Recent Activity

1. Upsadaisy liked rpan's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

I'm a science teacher and I had a Year 8 student who could not read and write in English yet had been passed up through the years. It's...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:52 AM
  2. Upsadaisy liked catnfiddle's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

Agreed. Intervention is the most pressing issue unless we somehow are granted access to a time machine to research and correct the causes.

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:52 AM
  3. Upsadaisy liked Obadiah's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

Yes, very good point! In fact, I was discussing (orally) your posts with another person just yesterday evening; we were discussing how...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:51 AM
  4. Upsadaisy liked viola_x_wittrockiana's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

Flashbacks to first grade. My school had given up phonics beyond the letter people and went with whole language, which didn't end well....

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:51 AM
  5. Upsadaisy liked Caesar753's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

My school has an extended school day and is about one hour longer than other schools in the district. We also have a two-hour optional...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM
  6. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Substitute on the last day?.

And have your own personal goodbye/moving up type of time with your students before you leave so you and they have closure.

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:49 AM
  7. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Drowning in stats - Math people help?.

I looked these up and the first is too difficult for me. (I'm not surprised.) The second looks like IBM software used for statistical...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:46 AM
  8. Upsadaisy replied to the thread FAQ for New Forum.

There is no reason that would prohibit you from responding, but you cannot post links or endorse any product or service. Try again....

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM
  9. Upsadaisy liked MrsC's post in the thread Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (and Buses and Boats)!.

Transportation is all booked for my summer adventure! I'm taking the train cross-country from Southern Ontario to Vancouver, BC, then...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:39 AM
  10. Upsadaisy liked Obadiah's post in the thread Less Stress.

Yesterday, while waiting at a doctor's office (for 45 minutes for my 3 minute check up), I was browsing through the Jan/Feb issue of...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:37 AM
  11. Upsadaisy liked Peregrin5's post in the thread Random Thoughts.

I'm rather excited. Yesterday we went apartment shopping in the city. It will be my first time living in an actual city. We didn't...

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM
  12. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Becoming more involved with the community..

Do you do field trips? Trips to public service and safety organizations (fire department), local supermarkets, animal care and control,...

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM
  13. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Need my Fears Eased....

You know, I think everyone has had lessons and plans that didn't go well - and beyond the first year. You learn as you go. Nothing...

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:48 PM
  14. Upsadaisy liked Leaborb192's post in the thread 3rd-7th Grade level math in one class.

Was I right? If I walked into your room and asked a student what 8x3 is would they just look at me and have to count on their fingers?...

Apr 16, 2017

Members Online Now

1. czacza,
  2. Obadiah,
  3. Kelster95,
  4. MrsC,
  5. GTB4GT,
  6. Upsadaisy
Total: 471 (members: 7, guests: 351, robots: 113)
test