Upsadaisy's Recent Activity

1. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Public vs. Private school teaching.

:yeahthat:

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:05 AM
  2. Upsadaisy liked Jerry Dill's post in the thread Public vs. Private school teaching.

I have only taught at private schools, and I have talked with public school teachers. I know my class sizes are much smaller than public...

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:04 AM
  3. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Did a lot of scaffolding for challenging assignment....still plagiarism.

So, writing an original joke might be a really tough assignment for them. An amusing anecdote or a fictional ironic incident would...

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM
  4. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Public vs. Private school teaching.

I worked in private schools only. There were many reasons why my jobs were perfect for me. However, keep in mind that you most likely...

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:12 AM
  5. Upsadaisy liked vickilyn's post in the thread Public vs. Private school teaching.

You will find private schools to be just like public schools - no two are exactly alike, so it will be up to you to use due diligence to...

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:08 AM
  6. Upsadaisy liked HSEnglishteach's post in the thread When you start hating students.

Peregrin, This is all a shame, and I'm sorry to hear how you feel. It's tough, our job. I know you're a disciple of...

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:58 PM
  7. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Thinking about quitting my job at this district after this year is over. What do you think?.

pinkcupcake, don't give up here because of misunderstandings. Remember that what we see in posts is just part of someone's reality so...

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:56 PM
  8. Upsadaisy replied to the thread When you start hating students.

lol

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:28 AM
  9. Upsadaisy liked Caesar753's post in the thread When you start hating students.

Sometimes personalities don't mesh. I think I'm generally easy to like as a teacher--I think I'm fair, I'm definitely hilarious (ha!),...

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:27 AM
  10. Upsadaisy liked swansong1's post in the thread Challenges from administrator and student: what to do?.

1. Should I ignore her and do what I was doing originally? Should I keep sending her the poems individually just to show her I don't...

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:36 AM
  11. Upsadaisy liked gr3teacher's post in the thread Removed from Sub Job.

Since you had a job cancelled the morning of, it might not be a bad idea to call the school and talk to the secretary. At my school at...

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:12 AM
  12. Upsadaisy liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I would not put up with her unprofessional, rude behavior. Let her know that you need to speak with her and set up a time when you both...

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:02 AM
  13. Upsadaisy liked swansong1's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I think you have to get assertive with her. Tell her in no uncertain terms that you will not accept her behavior. Then, let her rant and...

14. Upsadaisy liked czacza's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

Marginalize her. Let her sit at her desk and rant and rave. She's only making herself look bad.

15. Upsadaisy liked MathGuy82's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I was in a similar situation. I had to go to the principal and get human resources involved. This teacher backed away and is not...

Members Online Now

1. MLB711,
  2. K1teach,
  3. waterfall,
  4. bros,
  5. Linguist92021
Total: 591 (members: 5, guests: 416, robots: 170)
test