Upsadaisy's Recent Activity

1. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Can I ban my kids from writing about this game?.

I made decisions about what to include in my library and I made decisions about topics that were off-limit for writing. Just tell them...

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM
  2. Upsadaisy liked Obadiah's post in the thread Can I ban my kids from writing about this game?.

A couple of years ago out of curiosity, I browsed the video game section at Wal-Mart. I was shocked! I knew it was bad, but after...

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:16 AM
  3. Upsadaisy liked Obadiah's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

I recently read an alarming book that delved into more information than the title suggests. Grossman, Lt. Col. Dave, Kristine Paulsen,...

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:21 AM
  4. Upsadaisy liked Loomistrout's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

Arming teachers with the means to kill someone is a very serious proposition. How much training would it take for a teacher to possess...

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:19 AM
  5. Upsadaisy liked ms.irene's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

Linguist, I think you are a great example of the rare teacher who I might possibly see being safe with a gun at school. You are trained...

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:19 AM
  6. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Teaching one less and one more.

Combine it with candy. That should have an impact.

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM
  7. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Thank you, Backroads, for clarifying the situation for me. And I did see that he capitalizes the letter in other words at times. I...

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM
  8. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Ugh. What a way to start the week....

How did the week end up? I am so sorry about your cat. Losing a pet is devastating. I hope you can just put the boys' mistakes out...

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM
  9. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Wow, I'm surprised I'm in such a minority here. I'd let it go. Especially since you are not 100% sure that his mother didn't teach him...

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:22 AM
  10. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

Well, yes, I think so. You, general, may discuss your points of view without politicizing the issues. And I'm sure you can, Pashtun....

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:13 AM
  11. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

No, no. Just don't try and convince anyone else that they are wrong.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM
  12. Upsadaisy liked readingrules12's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

As we are talking about research, I think we should look at the facts. In the United States there were over 33,500 gun deaths last...

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:57 AM
  13. Upsadaisy liked Pashtun's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

Nope, nope and more nope. I don't really care how great a shot someone is, how "well trained" they are, unless they have been in life or...

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:56 AM
  14. Upsadaisy liked waterfall's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

This has been talked about in my area. My teammate came from a district that was talking about arming every single teacher, which I...

15. Upsadaisy liked otterpop's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

I'd be uncomfortable with teachers carrying guns at school. If needed, I'd rather see an armed security guard placed at each campus.

test