Upsadaisy's Recent Activity

1. Upsadaisy liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread Learning alphabet fast.

Some children get into the alphabet at two years old or younger; let them. Some don't get into it until they're five; let them. Little...

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM
  2. Upsadaisy replied to the thread Roaches.

Yeah, I'd say professional pest control treatment. Leave the girl's backpack outside the building or you could infest your room.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:22 AM
  3. Upsadaisy liked Caesar753's post in the thread Learning alphabet fast.

This question torments me, like for real. I have a young child who will be in kindergarten soonish. I want the focus to be on learning...

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:29 PM
  4. Upsadaisy liked Backroads's post in the thread Learning alphabet fast.

I agree, it's not asking much for a kindergartner to be familiar with the concept of the alphabet by the time they enter school....

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:28 PM
  5. Upsadaisy liked otterpop's post in the thread Learning alphabet fast.

I think it's awful how quickly students are expected to learn things, especially in the lower grades. Like another poster said,...

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:28 PM
  6. Upsadaisy liked Obadiah's post in the thread Learning alphabet fast.

Alphabets and phonemes are important but not simple concepts to learn, and concepts themselves are not learned solely through drill. In...

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:26 PM
  7. Upsadaisy liked Caesar753's post in the thread Learning alphabet fast.

The woman in the story lacked parenting skills. I don't think these things happened because of the cost of safe equipment so much as...

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM
  8. Upsadaisy liked vickilyn's post in the thread Teacher being investigated.

Trying to understand OP's initial post, so bear with me. "Oh, the charter school talked to the person who drove me to Columbus so I...

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM
  9. Upsadaisy liked Caesar753's post in the thread Teacher being investigated.

(Sorry for all the random edits. When I clicked Post, it posted my response 4 times. I tried to edit three of those, but then there...

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM
  10. Upsadaisy liked rpan's post in the thread Teacher being investigated.

Sending you hugs. You should talk to a counsellor, it's not a sign of weakness at all. And no one has to know you are seeking help. You...

11. Upsadaisy liked catnfiddle's post in the thread Teacher being investigated.

If you're in Ohio (there's more than one Columbus so I'm just guessing), almost all charters are at-will employment. That means you...

12. Upsadaisy liked AlwaysAttend's post in the thread Indiana Introduces Retroactive Pay Cuts.

That's not what the article you posted said. Assume we are everything you say we are. How exactly are you going to change our minds by...

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:18 AM
  13. Upsadaisy liked a2z's post in the thread Indiana Introduces Retroactive Pay Cuts.

Amy, do you have a different article to link because the argument you keep putting forth isn't matching what the article actually said....

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Members Online Now

1. sped_666,
  2. stephenpe,
  3. Caesar753,
  4. vickilyn,
  5. LittleShakespeare,
  6. YoungTeacherGuy
Total: 759 (members: 7, guests: 661, robots: 91)
test