TrademarkTer's Recent Activity

1. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Job Search Advice.

bella! Don't be selfish. Just because you want to read Holyoke's horror stories come September doesn't mean she should go down this route!

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:53 PM
  2. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Advice about Observation.

But that's very subjective.

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:00 PM
  3. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Job Search Advice.

Yeah, sounds like a recipe for a bad first year, and some strong disillusionment for the profession. I'd avoid it.

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM
  4. TrademarkTer liked a2z's post in the thread Grading on the Curve.

There are a few times grading on a curve is appropriate. Your explanation of how you want to use it is not one. You are talking about...

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:02 AM
  5. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Grading on the Curve.

That's a good point. The first time I ever experienced a curve was in college, where a test average of 40-50% was the norm. This was the...

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:02 AM
  6. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Job Fair Advice?.

I went to one job fair, and decided it wasn't the way I was going to be hired. I'd rather just fill out apps and wait for them to bite.

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:35 AM
  7. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Wearing the "This is stupid. I don't need this" mask.

I think as long as they are enjoying themselves, real world doesn't matter. I'd be careful confusing meaning/connectedness with "when...

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:02 AM
  8. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Grading on the Curve.

I don't think they should get a grade on something you worked together with them on, but that's just my opinion. I think it's wonderful...

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:06 PM
  9. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Grading on the Curve.

If you've already told the kids it was curved, I would not revert them. It will make them not trust, and probably breed resentment. I...

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:50 PM
  10. TrademarkTer liked 2ndTimeAround's post in the thread Grading on the Curve.

I despise curves. They only serve to inflate grades. If I were in your shoes I would have thrown out the bad questions or the entire...

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:56 PM
  11. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Grading on the Curve.

I also don't like curves.....it seems especially odd to curve for grades 2-4. That material seems particularly fundamental for them to...

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:56 PM
  12. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Wearing the "This is stupid. I don't need this" mask.

I find that the question "when will we need this in real life" is more often than not insincere, especially when asked in front of the...

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:50 PM
  13. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Move to Arizona.

I've never seen any raise rates as much as you. Don't the clients get pissed at all the changes? You were charging almost half of that...

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:39 PM
  14. TrademarkTer liked Been There's post in the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

In the past, calculus and AP classes didn't exist in high school! If you can think of the worst case scenario, you'll probably find it...

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:21 PM
  15. TrademarkTer replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

And as sad as it is, I do have to partially blame our guidance counselors. They encourage kids to take the most challenging courseload...

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:21 PM

Members Online Now

Total: 369 (members: 1, guests: 281, robots: 87)
test