TrademarkTer's Recent Activity

1. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Mental Health Days.

We are off tomorrow for Yom Kippur! Much needed mental health day.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:23 PM
  2. TrademarkTer replied to the thread I called 10 parents today....

Can I also recommend emailing or calling a few of the parents of the kids who were doing great work, on task, etc. etc? This has two...

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:00 PM
  3. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

Yep, if the kid didn't have anything of his own, and the IEP/504 team didn't provide me anything, you better believe the lad wouldn't be...

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM
  4. TrademarkTer liked Backroads's post in the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

I think that expecting teachers to provide stuff for IEPs/504s is a hill to die on. You make respectable argument for the rest of...

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:56 PM
  5. TrademarkTer liked Ms.Holyoke's post in the thread Tips for Teaching Long Division.

^ My thread was about long division! Not public vs. private schools.

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:50 PM
  6. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Tips for Teaching Long Division.

futuremathsprof, it's interesting that you liked this post, and seem to agree with it in theory. I remember last week you were leading...

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:37 PM
  7. TrademarkTer replied to the thread I Can't Get My Work Done Because I'm Not Allowed To Be In The Building.

That's evidence that you've tried.

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:43 PM
  8. TrademarkTer replied to the thread I Can't Get My Work Done Because I'm Not Allowed To Be In The Building.

I call maybe one parent a year. Most issues can be handled via email much more quickly and efficiently.

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM
  9. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

I bought a decent amount of things my first year, but the only thing I regularly buy now is candy. I would tell the student to bring...

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:39 PM
  10. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Tips for Teaching Long Division.

Please just say "eat 'em", please just say "eat em"!!!

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM
  11. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Bi-Weekly Paychecks.

What in the?!?!? Who still pays bills this way? I have all my bills on autopay. I don't think about them EVER. They just get paid right...

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:09 PM
  12. TrademarkTer liked swansong1's post in the thread Bi-Weekly Paychecks.

I guess all I can say about that is you say you earn so much money I'm assuming you already have a hefty savings account with which to...

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:03 PM
  13. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Bi-Weekly Paychecks.

Explosion in 3, 2, .........

Sep 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM
  14. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Bi-Weekly Paychecks.

The word "bi-weekly" is the worst word in the dictionary. It makes me so angry. I tell my students this regularly. bi-weekly is defined...

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:23 AM

Members Online Now

1. TrademarkTer,
  2. YoungTeacherGuy,
  3. MissCeliaB
Total: 543 (members: 4, guests: 492, robots: 47)
test