TrademarkTer's Recent Activity

1. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Anger is weakness... calm is strength... anger is weakness... calm is strength.......

Doesn't sound like a boy I'd be going to for advice.

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:53 PM
  2. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Anger is weakness... calm is strength... anger is weakness... calm is strength.......

Well on the bright side, maybe in 2 years when he retires, you can switch around your schedule if you are still at the school. Based...

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:19 PM
  3. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Anger is weakness... calm is strength... anger is weakness... calm is strength.......

I was referring to the topics of HS. OP stated the MS math topics easily relate to real life, and I agree that they absolutely do. What...

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:00 PM
  4. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Anger is weakness... calm is strength... anger is weakness... calm is strength.......

I think "real-life" stuff is often overrated. If there is an obvious connection or real world application of something I'm teaching...

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:09 PM
  5. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Anyone Try the Waterpik Water Flosser?.

I realize this is an old post, but for me, the novelty of the thing wore off after a few months. It was neat at first, but it ended up...

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:43 AM
  6. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Taking a personal day here and there....

That said, given you have a schedule of all AP classes, those are the classes that can definitely afford a day or two with a sub as most...

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:38 PM
  7. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Spring Break and other near future breaks.

We don't get a separate Easter break, though we do get a day off for Good Friday. We have a 3.5 day weekend right now for President's...

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:09 PM
  8. TrademarkTer replied to the thread What keeps you going as a teacher?.

I know I would not be as effective in an environment like that as I am in my current school. I recently had a student teacher observe...

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:05 PM
  9. TrademarkTer liked swansong1's post in the thread This time my retirement will be official!.

Ha Ha... no wolf for me this time...I'm already giving away school supplies, clearing out the cupboards! It helps that I have some...

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:01 AM
  10. TrademarkTer replied to the thread This time my retirement will be official!.

Congrats http://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/boy.html

Feb 15, 2019 at 7:49 PM
  11. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Improvement Plan. Career doomed?.

A teacher who has been here over TWENTY (20) years was just put on an improvement plan this year. They apparently found out that all he...

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Members Online Now

1. vickilyn,
  2. Ima Teacher,
  3. LSH97,
  4. Leaborb192
Total: 425 (members: 4, guests: 392, robots: 29)
test