TrademarkTer's Recent Activity

1. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Students who curse in class.

Is this weekly grade reported separately from the academic grade on the report card?

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:10 PM
  2. TrademarkTer replied to the thread How can 11th grade boys be SO IMMATURE!!!.

Might not be good for a new teacher, but I've done stuff like that during observations before so my admin know it's just for a minute or...

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:07 PM
  3. TrademarkTer replied to the thread School social media account.

Simple solution to this one: Don't take any photos at school that you plan to post to Instagram.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM
  4. TrademarkTer replied to the thread How can 11th grade boys be SO IMMATURE!!!.

I would be more inclined to put the trouble makers in the front, and/or, to not put the worst two right next to each other. My...

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM
  5. TrademarkTer replied to the thread How do you prefer to be addressed by parents?.

I should also note that I sometimes call my students Mr./Ms. Last Name, but that's usually only if their last name is more "catchy" and...

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM
  6. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Alg. 2 - Continuous Function Domain and Range.

I remember this was always mind-blowing for my algebra 2 students when I used to teach algebra 2. I always question, too, how relevant...

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:33 AM
  7. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Moving from SpEd to Gen Ed.

I'm sure the transition will be tough, but you don't want to stay in a situation where you are unhappy. If it's co-teaching that isn't...

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:20 PM
  8. TrademarkTer replied to the thread How do you prefer to be addressed by parents?.

I don't usually call the parents anything in an email. My emails just open "Good morning," or "Good afternoon,". My email signature,...

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:36 PM
  9. TrademarkTer replied to the thread RWorld1's Journal To Finding 10 Tutoring Students ($200 per week). Wish me luck!.

I guess that's the nicer thing about HS math too. I never actually have to "plan lessons" for tutoring. I just work with them on...

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:01 PM
  10. TrademarkTer replied to the thread RWorld1's Journal To Finding 10 Tutoring Students ($200 per week). Wish me luck!.

Yes, but the COL is ridiculous around here to make up for it. I don't know where you live, but I'm willing to bet if the going rate is...

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:51 PM
  11. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Ready to throw in the towel....

I was viewing the OPs comment as more of "New Teacher" orientation kind of thing as opposed to the days teacher return before the...

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:41 PM
  12. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Ready to throw in the towel....

Yeah, if they're not willing to make some big changes to make this work for you, then you need to get out. Maybe the 5th person leaving...

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM
  13. TrademarkTer liked czacza's post in the thread RWorld1's Journal To Finding 10 Tutoring Students ($200 per week). Wish me luck!.

My current tutoring schedule is 5 hours per week @$70 per hour. I have another family who potentially want another 3-4 hours....

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:26 PM
  14. TrademarkTer replied to the thread RWorld1's Journal To Finding 10 Tutoring Students ($200 per week). Wish me luck!.

GOOD LUCK! I teach HS math in NJ so I make $90/hr, and the parents don't bat an eyelash paying that much in my area. It varies how many...

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:26 PM
  15. TrademarkTer replied to the thread Savings.

This is why I consider moving all the time....If I look at houses online and select the price range under 200k, it's sad what's...

Sep 12, 2017
test