teacherintexas's Recent Activity

1. teacherintexas replied to the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

That's my impression as well.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:47 PM
  2. teacherintexas liked otterpop's post in the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

Somehow, though, I don't think the parent would go for this. Unfortunately, it sounds like she's more interested in free childcare.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:47 PM
  3. teacherintexas replied to the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

It might be cheaper in the long run for the school district to "train" the mom to handle her own child.

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:54 PM
  4. teacherintexas liked TamiJ's post in the thread Are today's parents really RAISING their kids?.

In that case, I suppose it depends on the teacher. Everything I do in class has importance. Everything. I don't teach long-drawn out...

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:51 AM
  5. teacherintexas replied to the thread do schools sometimes forget to call for the interview results?.

I'm still waiting on our field day schedule. School's been out for several weeks. I imagine only one of the fifteen people interviewed...

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:07 AM
  6. teacherintexas replied to the thread Mold, Dust, Dead Bugs, Junk, and Rat Feces.

I've gotten that room several times. If you want it cleaned, I hate to tell you that you're probably going to have to clean it yourself....

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:03 PM
  7. teacherintexas replied to the thread What Will You do to Prepare for the Fall?.

I'm going to rewrite my year at s glance and read some books. Once it's time to go work in my room, I'm going to revamp my library.

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:59 PM
  8. teacherintexas replied to the thread Is Overqualified a Reality or Myth?.

When I've been on interview committees, I smile and nod at all the applicants just out of habit. I only noticed this after a fellow...

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:24 PM
  9. teacherintexas liked vickilyn's post in the thread How Pervasive is Cronyism & Nepotism?.

Despite the prior post, I think it is not as rampant as people would like to believe. If you champion that as the reason you didn't get...

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:16 PM
  10. teacherintexas replied to the thread How Pervasive is Cronyism & Nepotism?.

I'm sure it happens on occasion, but I don't have any examples to prove that it does. I do have a couple examples of where it didn't...

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:16 PM
  11. teacherintexas liked Pi-R-Squared's post in the thread Getting discouraged.

I find that the 1st wave involves places where teachers want to go. The later waves hire those "good enough" applicants that meet the...

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:17 PM
  12. teacherintexas replied to the thread Negotiate start date.

If this is a new job, they probably noticed you were expecting when interviewing and wouldn't blink an eye at your starting six to eight...

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM
  13. teacherintexas replied to the thread More Resignation Help.

Many schools work a Monday- Thursday schedule in the summer. Call on Monday if you don't get an answer before noon.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM
  14. teacherintexas replied to the thread More Resignation Help.

I'd call about the insurance. Ours ends August 31st.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:22 AM
  15. teacherintexas replied to the thread Teaching with a partner.

My last school had a three way split for kinder, as well as the other grade levels. The kinder teachers like it. I think the younger...

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:16 AM
test