teacherintexas's Recent Activity

1. teacherintexas replied to the thread Is it better to student teach in Fall or Spring semester?.

What is the hiring climate where you live? If subbing is the foot in the door, then fall is definitely better. I'd sit down and do some...

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:39 PM
  2. teacherintexas replied to the thread not selected time frame?.

I've always gotten an offer on the spot or later the same day.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:34 PM
  3. teacherintexas replied to the thread Medical stuff is fun!.

That's so sad, bros. I hope you find something fulfilling to do.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:08 PM
  4. teacherintexas replied to the thread Clotheslines: Harmless drying method or Harbinger of social decay?.

I dry them completely. They are hard otherwise. The towels are just kind of aired out.

Apr 26, 2017 at 9:11 PM
  5. teacherintexas liked DressageLady's post in the thread Decisions, Decisions! Help Me!.

Well, I decided on the second grade position and let my P know today. He said to "consider it done" and that I wouldn't need to...

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM
  6. teacherintexas replied to the thread New Mexico Sick Time used against teachers in Evaluation.

Smells like a troll.

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:16 PM
  7. teacherintexas replied to the thread Bad reference/ No reference.

Deleted

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:12 PM
  8. teacherintexas replied to the thread Clotheslines: Harmless drying method or Harbinger of social decay?.

At our home in town, I use my dryer. Out in the country, I hang out our sheets. I'll even dry the towels in the dryer and then hang them...

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:09 PM
  9. teacherintexas replied to the thread not selected time frame?.

After a week, I wouldn't hold my breath. Keep applying.

Apr 25, 2017 at 6:55 PM
  10. teacherintexas liked vickilyn's post in the thread Student Complaints.

It's a form of staff splitting and it doesn't play well with me. They will say "you give us more work than any other teacher . . ....

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:24 PM
  11. teacherintexas replied to the thread Red meat.

We have cows. The hubs loves red meat. I'm not a big fan. If I'm at a steak place, I might order a steak or I might get a grilled...

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:16 PM
  12. teacherintexas replied to the thread Would you eat your school lunch?.

I've eaten our school lunch about ten times this year. I usually opt for the salad but have gotten the entree a few times. It's not that...

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM
  13. teacherintexas replied to the thread What is everyone doing this summer..workin, chillin..both?.

I only have July and the first few days of August off, but I'm hoping we can go on a few short trips here and there within our state.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM
  14. teacherintexas replied to the thread Organizing a Teacher's Desk.

I have a calendar and pencil cup on the table I use for a desk. I bought one of those tool boxes that popped up on Pinterest a couple of...

Apr 21, 2017
  15. teacherintexas replied to the thread Vent about attendance!!!!.

Once they are enrolled, attendance is required. Before laws were changed here and we could actually do something, lots of kinder parents...

Apr 21, 2017
test