teacherintexas's Recent Activity

1. teacherintexas replied to the thread Anybody ever completed a one-year Bible reading plan?.

I’m six months into my two year plan. I bought a one year Bible that is separated by days with sections of old and new for each day. I...

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:20 AM
  2. teacherintexas liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Political editorial to students from principal; Is this ethical?.

The principal has every right to address the students to let them know that school is a safe place for them regardless of their race,...

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:36 PM
  3. teacherintexas liked GTB4GT's post in the thread Political editorial to students from principal; Is this ethical?.

In the private sector, use of a position of authority to advance or promote one's political beliefs would be just cause for termination,...

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:36 PM
  4. teacherintexas replied to the thread Projector Setup - What is yours like?.

My district is spending money to get projectors mounted to the ceilings on two campuses. I taught a course at one of those campuses...

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:23 PM
  5. teacherintexas replied to the thread Returning to last year's place to watch basketball.

I’ve had a chance to visit two prior districts years later when my elementary kids had become high schoolers. Be prepared for lots of hugs.

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:18 PM
  6. teacherintexas replied to the thread Student Teaching inner city.

The kids’ needs are different so behavior management and instruction have to meet their needs. Lessons that almost received a standing...

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:15 PM
  7. teacherintexas replied to the thread When do you let your kids have smart phones?.

You can always have hours off limits, charging in your bedroom only, and device free days. You’ll get pushback from your kids if you set...

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:09 PM
  8. teacherintexas replied to the thread Those who have taken an unpaid leave of absence....

Are you on a probationary contract or term? What type of leave?

Jan 14, 2018 at 5:49 PM
  9. teacherintexas replied to the thread Student Teaching inner city.

Most people I know did not start where they student taught. I did not even apply to the district in which I student taught. If you can...

Jan 14, 2018 at 5:45 PM
  10. teacherintexas replied to the thread What percent of the school day do you teach?.

My students have a seven and half hour day. I teach six hours and 15 minutes each day.

Jan 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM
test