teacherintexas's Recent Activity

1. teacherintexas replied to the thread Bridesmaid Proposals.

I know a young bride-to-be who is stressed over her bribe-the-person-to-be-in-the-wedding presents and how she is going to "pop the...

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM
  2. teacherintexas replied to the thread 3 Walk Throughs This Week....

Ours come in daily if they are on campus.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:39 PM
  3. teacherintexas replied to the thread People just don't return my emails!.

I check mine daily and respond as quickly as possible, but I have the biggest problem getting admin to return emails! (I rarely email so...

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:37 PM
  4. teacherintexas replied to the thread Getting Class' attention.

I use a WBT method. I say "class" then the kids say "yes" and then we go on about our business. Definitely greet the kids at the door....

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:06 PM
  5. teacherintexas replied to the thread When to get a sub and when not to.....

Fever and/or needing proximity to the bathroom are reasons to stay home. If you are so sick that you are miserable and can't function,...

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:21 PM
  6. teacherintexas replied to the thread Taking off on test day? Help!!.

Can you delay the test for a day? Subs usually don't monitor as closely as I do. I only leave tests if I can't postpone them and I'm too...

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:38 PM
  7. teacherintexas replied to the thread What did you do for your spouse or SO for Valentine's Day?.

We do a little token gift. We usually never go out to eat on the actual day since we don't like crowded restaurants. We try to do...

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:50 PM
  8. teacherintexas replied to the thread I need a leave of absence, is this info correct?.

That seems about par with what I've seen before. I've heard of teachers on maternity leave who had to grade the papers each week as well...

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Members Online Now

1. Linguist92021,
  2. waterfall,
  3. new2teach15,
  4. shoreline02
Total: 399 (members: 4, guests: 342, robots: 53)
test