teacherintexas's Recent Activity

1. teacherintexas replied to the thread Transferring from ISD to another ISD in TX.

I've taught at several districts. Applications ask for the reasons you move. As of the last time I moved, I've never had a problem, but...

Aug 21, 2017 at 5:22 PM
  2. teacherintexas replied to the thread "Crafts" Club/Elective...help!! Again......

Have you looked on Pinterest? There are always cute ideas on there.

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:38 PM
  3. teacherintexas liked MrsC's post in the thread A Privilege.

This showed up in my Twitter feed tonight. Such an important message for all of us as we begin our new school year: "My mom, who taught...

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM
  4. teacherintexas liked bella84's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

She may be, but, again, I think you're disregarding the difference in the cost of living between an urban setting and a rural setting....

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:00 PM
  5. teacherintexas liked agdamity's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Not all teachers can move to urban areas. If they did, rural areas would have no teachers, and states would be faced with shortages....

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:00 PM
  6. teacherintexas replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Exactly. The rent for our house is less than $700 a month and it's water view on a half acre.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:59 PM
  7. teacherintexas replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

True. I could have stayed on pre-med track. I certainly have the intelligence. But I have the heart for teaching.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:56 PM
  8. teacherintexas liked 2ndTimeAround's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

But moving to a better area for salaries doesn't change the fact that some teachers are grossly underpaid. All moving does is help that...

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:06 PM
  9. teacherintexas replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Not everyone works in an urban area. And as a coach's wife, I know that urban areas may be a possibility in the future but I'll be...

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:05 PM
  10. teacherintexas replied to the thread Does anyone here use Bloomz for parent communication?.

That's weird. I never experienced that. I'd ditch it too if it starts doing that for me.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM
  11. teacherintexas liked swansong1's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Interesting conversation. I guess my point of view is that(as others have stated) statistics don't tell the whole truth. Your statistics...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:29 PM
  12. teacherintexas replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Insurance for a family is over a thousand a month in my district. An aide I know has to pay the district for insurance because her check...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM
  13. teacherintexas replied to the thread How much of your own money do you spend?.

I don't have but three resources at school so I buy more as it's too time consuming to make them. I would say I spent at least a...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
  14. teacherintexas replied to the thread The Earth Is Flat ?????????.

I don't get Columbus Day off so it might as well be flat! Haha!

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:08 PM
  15. teacherintexas replied to the thread IT'S ANOTHER GIRL!.

Congratulations!

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Members Online Now

1. anon55,
  2. LittleShakespeare,
  3. MrK,
  4. yellowdaisies,
  5. Sab,
  6. janlee,
  7. ready2learn,
  8. mathmagic
Total: 737 (members: 12, guests: 627, robots: 98)
test