TamiJ's Recent Activity

1. TamiJ replied to the thread Check out my classroom!.

Wow! It's so nice and spacious!

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:58 PM
  2. TamiJ replied to the thread What would you do....

I too feel you should stay until the end of the school year if you possibly can. This will probably be the best for your students and...

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:46 AM
  3. TamiJ replied to the thread The Earth Is Flat ?????????.

I actually saw a post this morning from someone on FB commenting on a flat-earth group he found on FB. I guess it's one of those things...

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:40 AM
  4. TamiJ liked bella84's post in the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

So true.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM
  5. TamiJ replied to the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

Thank you for sharing. I understand this situation because the same happened to me. I gave up reading logs (still required reading) for...

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:24 PM
  6. TamiJ liked bella84's post in the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

Well, I don't think my reading log is really all that great - it doesn't do anything to solve the problem I expressed, but I'll go ahead...

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:20 PM
  7. TamiJ replied to the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

That is completely the issue with reading logs. I probably wouldn't even read if I had to track it for someone else. Can you tell us...

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:48 PM
  8. TamiJ liked bella84's post in the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

Personally, I hate reading logs for many of the same reasons all of you do. However, I think it's hard to go against the culture of a...

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:47 PM
  9. TamiJ replied to the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

I completely get this. What we do in our elementary section is require a certain amount of reading per grade. In terms of how to make...

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:36 PM
  10. TamiJ replied to the thread teacher work life balance.

I produce a podcast called "Time to Teach" and I did a series on work and life balance. If interested, you can check it out here. It's...

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM
  11. TamiJ replied to the thread The Earth Is Flat ?????????.

I guess my question is how could that hypothesis possibly be entertained when we have images of the earth? I suppose the argument is...

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:27 PM
  12. TamiJ replied to the thread Twins in two classes.

We have twins this year too, and I have one of them. Luckily, the other teacher has not made this request. I feel like it's making more...

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM
  13. TamiJ liked Leaborb192's post in the thread Listen to read station.

I REALLY like this idea because it provides that personal connection: Hey, that's my teacher! And if you have REALLY strong readers,...

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  14. TamiJ replied to the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

Yes, agreed. Once we create an environment that allows students to love to read, then students will naturally begin to extend that into...

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:19 AM
  15. TamiJ replied to the thread Does anyone here use Bloomz for parent communication?.

Okay....I chickened out. I am not using Bloomz, just my regular email and class website. I figured all my parents get email...

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:30 AM
test