TamiJ's Recent Activity

1. TamiJ replied to the thread Anyone Coding in Elementary?.

Bee-bot!!! That's what it is.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:55 PM
  2. TamiJ replied to the thread How do you model a lesson?.

If you're referring to direct instruction, I use Lucy Calkins' workshop model for all academic areas. "Today I'm going to teach...

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:59 AM
  3. TamiJ replied to the thread California employment climate.

Thank you. That is helpful to know.

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM
  4. TamiJ liked Geologygirl's post in the thread California employment climate.

If you have any interest in moving to northern California or the Central Valley we have job opportunity here

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM
  5. TamiJ replied to the thread Student Teacher - Terrified.

There are many things about teaching that you will just have to learn as you go. As I always say, teaching is only one part of what we...

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:24 PM
  6. TamiJ replied to the thread Post classroom pictures!.

Thanks! I'm checking her out now.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:44 PM
  7. TamiJ replied to the thread Post classroom pictures!.

Which vlogs, out of curiosity?

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:54 PM
  8. TamiJ replied to the thread 40 Hour Workweek Club.

I listen to the podcast! But no, I have not ever even considered signing up for it.

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:13 PM
  9. TamiJ replied to the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

This is typically how I deal with reversals and confused letters. I teach 6 year olds, so this is very common, but definitely the time...

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:02 AM
  10. TamiJ replied to the thread California employment climate.

It's nice to hear that the teaching market there is in much better shape than it was when I left. It was almost impossible to find a...

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:56 AM
  11. TamiJ replied to the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Maybe the act of correcting it every time will inspire him to start writing it correctly.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:25 PM
  12. TamiJ replied to the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Do you have him correct it when he does that?

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:14 PM
  13. TamiJ replied to the thread Do you ever feel like there is not enough time to teach during the teaching day.

every.day.of.my.life.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:46 PM
  14. TamiJ replied to the thread California employment climate.

Thank you!!! :)

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:13 PM
  15. TamiJ replied to the thread Anyone Coding in Elementary?.

My students are still doing Kodable and in technology they use some sort of robot....I forget its name right now.

Jan 10, 2017
test