Secondary Teach's Recent Activity

1. Secondary Teach liked mathteachertobe's post in the thread Does Earth Science CSET count towards life science or physical science?.

According to California Dept. of Ed., Earth Science is a physical science: California Education Code Section 51225.3 (a)(1)(C)...

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:10 PM
  2. Secondary Teach replied to the thread How To Answer That Question (Why Did You Leave?)/Last Principal Giving Bad Feedback.

Yeah, just list any other experiences you've had to earn your alternative certification such as substituting, year long...

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:23 AM
  3. Secondary Teach liked waterfall's post in the thread How To Answer That Question (Why Did You Leave?)/Last Principal Giving Bad Feedback.

If you left at the end of September, I would leave that job off of your resume/applications. Have you been subbing for the rest of this...

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:21 AM
  4. Secondary Teach replied to the thread I had to put on my Lion Tamer suit.

[IMG] :)

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:16 AM
  5. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

I like your idea for seating arrangements during testing! It also helps to walk around the room, and monitor. I had a Health teacher in...

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  6. Secondary Teach replied to the thread I hate subbing...please help!.

Welcome, newbieeducator, to A to Z! Have you tried substituting in private, independent, or charter schools? These types of schools...

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:04 PM
  7. Secondary Teach liked mathmagic's post in the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

While I always take past choices in to consideration, when it comes down to it, I hold those who don't follow expectations just that...

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:34 AM
  8. Secondary Teach liked Jerry Dill's post in the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

I think in this class in the future, I will seat all the students during quizzes and tests with one or two seats between each of the...

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:31 AM
  9. Secondary Teach liked newbieeducator's post in the thread I hate subbing...please help!.

This is my second school year subbing and I am only doing it for the experience. This will hopefully be the last semester that I have to...

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:17 AM
  10. Secondary Teach replied to the thread I think the Universe might be telling me I'm not cut out for this job..

Well one good thing to come out of all of this is that at least you have an admin that trusts you. It could be worse in that you could...

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:12 PM
  11. Secondary Teach liked Linguist92021's post in the thread I think the Universe might be telling me I'm not cut out for this job..

I think one problem is the setting. If you are teaching in the hallway, cafeteria, or whatever room is empty at the moment, the students...

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:02 PM
  12. Secondary Teach liked teacherintexas's post in the thread I think the Universe might be telling me I'm not cut out for this job..

Sixth graders aren't quite human. High poverty schools are challenging even when you have a strong admin. How are classes with the...

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:52 PM
  13. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Relocating.

Hi, Jane! I just wanted to add that in addition to my above post, you could also apply to receive a probationary certificate in your new...

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM
  14. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Relocating.

Are you aware of the out of state certified teacher requirements for the state you're transferring to? Each state may not share...

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM
  15. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Applying for position with certificate of eligibility.

Hi Mls, I couldn't tell from your posts whether or not you were a recent college graduate or not. But, as a recent graduate myself I can...

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:48 PM

Members Online Now

1. GemStone,
  2. Xerographica,
  3. Linguist92021,
  4. mathteachertobe
Total: 494 (members: 5, guests: 401, robots: 88)
test