Secondary Teach's Recent Activity

1. Secondary Teach replied to the thread How do you model a lesson?.

I'm secondary, but I've worked with elementary and middle school students in different settings outside of school teaching. But, I'm big...

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:11 AM
  2. Secondary Teach liked MrsC's post in the thread STEM and Common Core.

You will find that the teachers here will be more willing to help with your assignments if you post your thoughts first and ask...

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:47 AM
  3. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Would you move a kid up if she requested it?.

Kids do need to feel they are capable. In this case I think it's better for the OP to provide the 2nd grader with feedback regarding...

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:38 AM
  4. Secondary Teach replied to the thread I don't remember acting like that.

Good to see another method has worked for you! You can also request some discipline strategies from the teacher you're subbing for, or a...

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:11 AM
  5. Secondary Teach liked Mr Magoo's post in the thread I don't remember acting like that.

Today was a good day :) Yesterday , I thought about sending 8 students to the office during the same period. I decided that the office...

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:07 AM
  6. Secondary Teach liked cocobean's post in the thread Am I answering this wrong?.

I also think my rapport with students is one of my strengths. However, I usually word it as my ability to create a positive environment...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:56 PM
  7. Secondary Teach replied to the thread I Can't Find a Job!.

Not trying to offend, but honestly you will need to toughen up a little if you wish to teach. Your students will likely say worse to you...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:55 PM
  8. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Was I in the wrong?.

I would report his behavior to the district administrators, or someone in human resources where you can report grievances to. I've never...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:43 PM
  9. Secondary Teach liked Sasha102's post in the thread One Student keeps burping in my class.

She has accepted her punishment as she knows she can control it . My issue is she does it loudly and never says excuse me which she...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:24 PM
  10. Secondary Teach liked ChristinaV's post in the thread 2 months in and miserable.

In all settings it is important to build relationships with the students so that they know that you care. However, in the urban setting...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:20 PM
  11. Secondary Teach liked Peregrin5's post in the thread Seniors in their last semester.

I personally believe that at that age and that point in their schooling, they are the ones responsible for their own choices and...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:16 PM
  12. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Help! New Teacher thinking of quitting..

Yes, Carin in addition to holding your students accountable please make sure that you are firstly modeling to them the appropriate...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:14 PM
  13. Secondary Teach liked Education4all's post in the thread Help! New Teacher thinking of quitting..

YOU DIDN'T HOLD THE STUDENTS ACCOUNTABLE!!!!!!!!!! You should have lined them back up outside and done the procedure over. You should...

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:06 PM
  14. Secondary Teach replied to the thread Leaving a high performing district for a low performing one but as an Admin..

This is absolutely true, that up to date research on the last educational trends and pedagogy is very important. But, also remember that...

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM
  15. Secondary Teach liked viola_x_wittrockiana's post in the thread Content Knowledge.

As for the teaching part of teaching, you're probably doing fine. You'll fall into your groove after a few cycles of teaching the same...

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:21 AM

Members Online Now

1. MLB711,
  2. heatherberm,
  3. Caesar753,
  4. Peregrin5
Total: 678 (members: 5, guests: 574, robots: 99)
test