Peregrin5's Recent Activity

1. Peregrin5 liked Linguist92021's post in the thread When you start hating students.

I don't agree with all of this. I'm sure there are students who don't like me and even more who don't like my class. It doesn't mean my...

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:57 PM
  2. Peregrin5 replied to the thread When you start hating students.

I definitely am feeling burnt out. More like charred remains only are left. The kind of situations you are talking about I get very...

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:55 PM
  3. Peregrin5 liked Caesar753's post in the thread When you start hating students.

Sometimes personalities don't mesh. I think I'm generally easy to like as a teacher--I think I'm fair, I'm definitely hilarious (ha!),...

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  4. Peregrin5 liked catnfiddle's post in the thread When you start hating students.

It sounds, going from past posts, like a huge part of your classroom issues stem from the culture of the school, which seems like it's a...

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  5. Peregrin5 liked HSEnglishteach's post in the thread When you start hating students.

Peregrin, This is all a shame, and I'm sorry to hear how you feel. It's tough, our job. I know you're a disciple of...

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:33 PM
  6. Peregrin5 liked MissCeliaB's post in the thread When you start hating students.

I have never needed a spring break as badly and in this specific way as I need one this year. I'm just tired of many of my children....

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:33 PM
  7. Peregrin5 liked Linguist92021's post in the thread When you start hating students.

I think if you feel that you're hating a student (strong word), you are burning out, either in the professions, grade level, subject or...

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:57 AM
  8. Peregrin5 liked rpan's post in the thread When you start hating students.

I've met had some students who just grind my gears. But one thing I've learnt pretty early was never to let students know what my...

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:56 AM
  9. Peregrin5 liked Jerry Dill's post in the thread When you start hating students.

I do think there are some kids who like to or need to be difficult. You seem to have a few of those students in your classes, and just...

10. Peregrin5 liked TeacherNY's post in the thread When you start hating students.

There are just some students who are despicable. I know they say you can hate the actions of a student but you shouldn't hate the...

11. Peregrin5 liked Teacher0909's post in the thread When you start hating students.

It's not you! You're doing exactly what you should be doing. You've laid out your expectations, and they're guidelines that will surely...

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM
  12. Peregrin5 liked czacza's post in the thread When you start hating students.

I don't think it's your rules or expectations. Many well respected and well loved teachers have high expectations. It might be your...

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM
  13. Peregrin5 replied to the thread When you start hating students.

Whenever possible, I try to connect with students, and speak with them. I often ask them how their day is going or how their weekends...

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:22 PM
  14. Peregrin5 posted a new thread.

When you start hating students

This has been a rough year for me, and it's been compounded by the fact that I have a number of students who have just decided that they...

Forum: Secondary Education

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:43 PM
  15. Peregrin5 liked Jerry Dill's post in the thread Moody Teenagers.

That's a hilarious story. Classic. "We saw the big orange sign, but we didn't feel like reading the sign." Priceless!

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Members Online Now

Total: 368 (members: 0, guests: 247, robots: 121)
test