Peregrin5's Recent Activity

1. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Snow Days.

Today just got called off as well. Surprising to me because weather was worse last week and we still attended.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM
  2. Peregrin5 liked miss-m's post in the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

I have some lessons I'm reusing from student teaching that are completely planned for most of this semester, and some for the next...

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:14 PM
  3. Peregrin5 liked MrsC's post in the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

We need to do a rough outline of the year to submit to admin by the end of October; this is really just the big ideas and major...

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:14 PM
  4. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Quick Activities and Movement.

The 10-2 method is one I use with lectures when I remember to. You spend 10 minutes lecturing or sitting and working, and then you tell...

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  5. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Felt like writing on the Teacher note.

So you left a bunch of trash on a students desk and made the teacher (or custodian) clean it up when you could have easily walked it to...

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:46 AM
  6. Peregrin5 liked waterfall's post in the thread Snow Days.

What a disrespectful policy! It's not like teachers are punching a clock putting in their 8 hours per day and then leaving.

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:39 AM
  7. Peregrin5 replied to the thread One Student keeps burping in my class.

I would get in contact with her guardians as Cat said as well, to let them know what is going on, and why you have given her lunch...

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:37 AM
  8. Peregrin5 liked teacherintexas's post in the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

I have the next six weeks' activities mapped out and tentatively placed. I won't be able to cut and paste my plans in though because...

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:52 PM
  9. Peregrin5 replied to the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

Same. Even last year, when everything was planned from the beginning, I changed things up weekly from my original plan I created at the...

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:11 PM
  10. Peregrin5 liked agdamity's post in the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

I teach fifth grade, all subjects. Before teaching fifth, I taught fourth for three years and seventh grade English before that. I've...

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:04 PM
  11. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Snow Days.

Our snow happened on Wednesday, but the the roads are still icy, largely because Oregon doesn't have the infrastructure to deal with it,...

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:03 PM
  12. Peregrin5 replied to the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

I plan specific activities and such at least a few months ahead of time (if not longer). I make changes as necessary, and that usually...

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  13. Peregrin5 replied to the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

Out of curiosity can you give me an example of a change you'd make based on your students interests and abilities (vs. what you'd...

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM
  14. Peregrin5 replied to the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

I think that's one of the interesting differences between different subjects. Of course I have to formatively assess and adjust my plans...

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:19 PM
  15. Peregrin5 posted a new thread.

How ahead are you in planning?

I know a large part of this is determined by how long you've been teaching your particular course, how well established it is, and...

Forum: General Education

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:19 PM
test