Peregrin5's Recent Activity

1. Peregrin5 liked GTB4GT's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

I think that has already happened, at least in my area. I am in fact surprised that we have as many kids who work as hard as they do. My...

May 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM
  2. Peregrin5 replied to the thread A Scary Trend?.

I think this is definitely an "American" thing. There's a distrust of academics, intellectuals, and experts. Largely this has to do with...

May 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM
  3. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Should I go into Education? Thoughts please....

I have a feeling that with banking and the oil and gas companies, you have a lot more upward mobility than you would have in education...

May 23, 2017 at 1:47 PM
  4. Peregrin5 replied to the thread long career.

I'm leaving next year, and while this year was terrible, and I am forever glad to be leaving this district forever, I did enjoy...

May 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM
  5. Peregrin5 liked SpecialPreskoo's post in the thread Are today's parents really RAISING their kids?.

I thought that was what TV and technology was for. ;-)

May 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM
  6. Peregrin5 liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Are today's parents really RAISING their kids?.

It's disgusting. I really hope things turn around because we can't have these kids growing up like this.

May 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM
  7. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Are today's parents really RAISING their kids?.

A resounding yes. I had parents the other day justify their students' use of violence in my classroom, because another kid flipped his...

May 19, 2017 at 2:39 PM
  8. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Students (probably) cursing you out in a different language?.

While I appreciate both of your insights into this matter, neither of your posts are very helpful.

May 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM
  9. Peregrin5 liked Leaborb192's post in the thread What is the "Teacher Life" like?.

[IMG]

May 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM
  10. Peregrin5 liked Mr.history's post in the thread Got a new job!.

Ok so this has been a long process for me this year, but I finally got a new job! Even better is that I got a GREAT new job. I've told...

May 18, 2017 at 4:09 PM
  11. Peregrin5 liked Linguist92021's post in the thread 43 days left....

It feels like we only have 5 days. I'm taking off tomorrow to have a long weekend of camping. Then next week we have 1 full week (5...

May 18, 2017 at 10:33 AM
  12. Peregrin5 replied to the thread 43 days left....

I lied. 23 days left. lol.

May 18, 2017 at 9:34 AM
  13. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Students (probably) cursing you out in a different language?.

What I'm hearing though is: don't ignore, and don't respond. What should I do that's in between those two?

May 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM
  14. Peregrin5 replied to the thread 43 days left....

18 days! Also now in teens! Just submitted my last two National Board components yesterday too! That's my last major obligation before...

May 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM
  15. Peregrin5 liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread 43 days left....

[IMG] I always tell my teachers (with love), "When that final bell rings (at noon) for dismissal, y'all need to be outta here!"

May 18, 2017 at 8:24 AM
test