Peregrin5's Recent Activity

1. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Disciplining while sick.

Good goals. If I were you, I would talk to the teacher you admire and ask to spend some time watching her teach. Also unrelated to...

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:47 AM
  2. Peregrin5 liked Caesar753's post in the thread Students ignoring teacher formative feedback in revisions.

You should not be rewriting student essays.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:44 AM
  3. Peregrin5 liked Caesar753's post in the thread Are your students scared of you?.

This is how I'd interpret that comment.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:41 AM
  4. Peregrin5 liked miss-m's post in the thread Are your students scared of you?.

Agreed. One of the teachers on my team last year fit in this category - she was “scary” because she was firm and consistent and didn’t...

5. Peregrin5 liked vickilyn's post in the thread Are your students scared of you?.

Just playing devil's advocate, but in "student speak" scared might be a euphimism for knowing that the other teacher means what they...

6. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Are your students scared of you?.

When kids say "I'm scared of this teacher but not you." They mean that they respect the other teacher but not you. They're not really...

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:39 AM
  7. Peregrin5 replied to the thread Too Little Direct Instruction?.

If students haven't been exposed to a lot of inquiry learning prior, they tend to resent having to do too much of it at once, especially...

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:25 AM
  8. Peregrin5 liked Ms.Holyoke's post in the thread Too Little Direct Instruction?.

I actually think that using notes or a PowerPoint that are already made is a good place to start.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:12 AM
test