Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah replied to the thread I feel so frustrated.

Prenatal psychoactive chemicals can damage the brain. Environmental interaction can positively alter brain development, but apparently...

Sep 25, 2017 at 7:16 AM
  2. Obadiah replied to the thread Enough Is Enough!.

Over the weekend, in the neighborhood where I used to play, where parents saw no danger in allowing us to ride our bikes, walk through...

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:40 AM
  3. Obadiah posted a new thread.

Mexico

I saw a video of school children evacuating during the 2nd quake in Mexico. One of the students began to cry. I pictured myself as a...

Forum: Prayer Request Forum

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:29 AM
  4. Obadiah replied to the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

I reread your post and this morning I must have been a bit sleepy, because I missed some details in the post. It was my misunderstanding...

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:38 PM
  5. Obadiah liked AlwaysAttend's post in the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

I can understand making that mistake because sometimes we think things will be taken one way and then they are not. Move on, and don't...

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:21 PM
  6. Obadiah liked CherryOak's post in the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

You need to forgive yourself. For this post, you just let that poor choice define you as you used it to remind us of who you are. So,...

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:20 PM
  7. Obadiah replied to the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

Although I personally don't enjoy this particular strand of humor, innuendo is a common technique for modern comedy, especially on...

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:24 AM
  8. Obadiah liked rpan's post in the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

Learn from your mistake but don't let it be a cloud that hangs over you. You don't have to "atone" forever.

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:44 AM
  9. Obadiah liked Caesar753's post in the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

Remember that you are teaching students, not literature. However much you love your content, you need to love your students more. Treat...

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:43 AM
  10. Obadiah liked anon55's post in the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

You are definitely not the only teacher who suffers from anxiety or depression related issues. I got terrible anxiety during the last...

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:42 AM
  11. Obadiah liked a2z's post in the thread Feeling really nervous about work. How can I be a perfect, professional teacher?.

Become an actor/actress and be a teacher in a movie or a play? No teachers are perfect.

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:40 AM
  12. Obadiah liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread More Hurricanes.

The topic of this thread is prayer for the suffering of the victims of Hurricane Maria and other hurricanes throughout the Caribbean in...

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:34 AM
  13. Obadiah replied to the thread Needing a teacher to answer some questions for my college class!.

Jean10232, your question is an important question and understanding why the subject matter is sensitive (or why any subject might be...

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:06 AM
  14. Obadiah liked a2z's post in the thread More Hurricanes.

It isn't surprising that this can happen. We have had very low activity for over a decade in hurricane seasons where they actually hit...

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:41 AM
  15. Obadiah replied to the thread Teaching in third world.

I'm wondering if an emphasis on current life experiences might enhance the progress. People learn and remember what they connect with...

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:17 AM
test