Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah replied to the thread When you start hating students.

I want to be sure I wasn't misunderstood....I have dial up, and this morning I was in a hurry to free the phone line. Upon rereading, I...

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:42 PM
  2. Obadiah replied to the thread When you start hating students.

Although I agree that it's always important to reflect on one's professional decorum, I also find it important to remember that it's not...

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:11 AM
  3. Obadiah liked EdEd's post in the thread When you start hating students.

Peregrin you've been in the good fight, and it's been admirable and inspiring watching your growth over the past few years. You're...

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:33 AM
  4. Obadiah liked catnfiddle's post in the thread When you start hating students.

It sounds, going from past posts, like a huge part of your classroom issues stem from the culture of the school, which seems like it's a...

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:23 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread Public vs. Private school teaching.

I agree with Vickilyn, it basically depends on the school and school district, rather than if the school is public or private. I've...

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:12 PM
  6. Obadiah liked vickilyn's post in the thread Public vs. Private school teaching.

You will find private schools to be just like public schools - no two are exactly alike, so it will be up to you to use due diligence to...

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:30 PM
  7. Obadiah liked catnfiddle's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

Agreed that you have enough documentation that she is not living up to her job requirements, to say the least. The students who should...

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:19 PM
  8. Obadiah liked otterpop's post in the thread The 37th Parallel.

My dad and I saw a fast and erratically moving light once over the ocean when I was a kid that I still can't explain. Also, my brother...

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:11 PM
  9. Obadiah posted a new thread.

The 37th Parallel

Two months ago I read Ben Mezrich's captivating non-fiction book, The 37th Parallel: The Secret Truth Behind America's UFO HIghway...

Forum: General Education

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:43 AM
  10. Obadiah liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

Based on the fact that you have been documenting her for some time now I would not wait one day longer. And I would ask for a meeting...

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:06 AM
  11. Obadiah replied to the thread Having a hard time with an English language group of first graders.

I'm so glad to hear things are improving. I was thinking about you the other day, hoping that things were going well.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:01 AM
  12. Obadiah liked rpan's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I'd go to human resources. What she is doing is amounting to bullying. And she is supposed to be there for the kids. If she isn't doing...

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:48 AM
  13. Obadiah replied to the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

If I might play psychologist for a second, people such as her often feel tortured inside for one reason or another and so they...

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:47 AM
  14. Obadiah liked AmyMyNamey's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

Make sure you're not alone with her if you do something like this!

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:17 AM
  15. Obadiah liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I would not put up with her unprofessional, rude behavior. Let her know that you need to speak with her and set up a time when you both...

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:17 AM

Members Online Now

1. MLB711,
  2. K1teach,
  3. waterfall,
  4. bros,
  5. Linguist92021
Total: 601 (members: 5, guests: 424, robots: 172)
test