Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah replied to the thread PTC- is it appropriate...?.

It is wonderful and amazing that your Kindergarten son can compose such a composition! I'm kind of wondering, as far as the PTC is...

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:42 AM
  2. Obadiah liked Leaborb192's post in the thread Getting really angry at students.

Trust me I agree with you 100%. I've even voiced those SAME concerns and was met with opposition. It's worse when you stand alone with...

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:59 AM
  3. Obadiah replied to the thread Getting really angry at students.

With respect to a difference in opinion, because yes, it does produce results, I would not recommend the extra reward. It is a temporary...

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:52 AM
  4. Obadiah liked Bioguru's post in the thread How to make lesson plans?.

It's going to depend on where you go. Some principals are merciful, some are extremely demanding. Our general format (given by the...

Feb 26, 2017 at 6:33 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread How to make lesson plans?.

Once you begin teaching, you will probably use an abbreviated form of planning other than what you will use in college education...

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:56 AM
  6. Obadiah replied to the thread Student drawing violent pictures.

I'm writing from an elementary teacher's perspective and assuming from your user name that this is an art class. I would agree with the...

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:45 AM
  7. Obadiah liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Student drawing violent pictures.

Show it to / turn it in to counselor / admin.

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:16 AM
  8. Obadiah liked SpecialPreskoo's post in the thread Student drawing violent pictures.

Make the counselor and admins aware of the work. If you can get your hands on it, turn it in or take pics of it at least.

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:16 AM
  9. Obadiah posted a new thread.

This Book is Out of This World!

I recently completed reading Spaceman, and autobiography by astronaut Mike Massimino. I highly recommend this book for all secondary...

Forum: General Education

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:08 AM
  10. Obadiah liked ms.irene's post in the thread I think the Universe might be telling me I'm not cut out for this job..

I have taught in a school similar to the one you described, and it was so incredibly challenging that I nearly gave up on the...

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:18 AM
  11. Obadiah replied to the thread I think the Universe might be telling me I'm not cut out for this job..

In reading your post, it sounds like you are professionally doing your job to the very best of your ability--the very best of any...

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:46 PM
  12. Obadiah liked Caesar753's post in the thread Fire Drills.

We've got several self-contained classes with students who have pretty severe special needs. As far as I know, their teachers prep them...

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:05 PM
  13. Obadiah liked Backroads's post in the thread Feeling bad when I shouldn't: Kid totally lost it.

This is basically what every other person at my school has told me. This absence was good for him, because he has to learn to deal with...

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:01 PM
  14. Obadiah replied to the thread Activities to teach shapes.

Along with with direct instruction, I would recommend increasing indirect, informal hands on opportunities. Early mathematics, in my...

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:53 AM
  15. Obadiah liked czacza's post in the thread Activities to teach shapes.

Lots of time with blocks, felt shapes on the feltboard, shapes in the sand table, shape hunts.... don't be driven by 'we need to move on...

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:32 AM

Members Online Now

1. Backroads,
  2. YoungTeacherGuy
Total: 549 (members: 3, guests: 448, robots: 98)
test