Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah liked Backroads's post in the thread Less Stress.

I laugh every time some Teacher of the Year is praised for working all evenings and weekends and having no life. But that's just me....

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:44 AM
  2. Obadiah liked AmyMyNamey's post in the thread Less Stress.

Because they should all be willing to work for free. It's a sign of dedication. :rolleyes:

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:44 AM
  3. Obadiah liked Southern JC's post in the thread Less Stress.

I can relate! As long as everything on my desk is organized in a way that makes sense to me, then I'm perfectly ok. Some days I just...

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:43 AM
  4. Obadiah liked vickilyn's post in the thread Need Advice ASAP.

Let me clarify - I use Linkedin as a networking source of potential leads. Do I ever respond to jobs offered from Linkedin? Never....

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:40 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread Need Advice ASAP.

I totally agree with vickilyn concerning COBRA and Internet searches, but I've also seen areas of caution. The bad thing about the COBRA...

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:17 AM
  6. Obadiah liked vickilyn's post in the thread Need Advice ASAP.

First, check with your union to see if they can help. Then, update your resume. Get as many useful LORs as possible. If you have a...

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:59 AM
  7. Obadiah liked Caesar753's post in the thread Need Advice ASAP.

Ask your principal if he will write you a letter of recommendation and serve as a reference for you. See what he says.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:57 AM
  8. Obadiah liked mathmagic's post in the thread Less Stress.

:eek::oops::helpme: Well...my desk is clean Monday? And we're not paid overtime so technically I'm not working overtime, right?...

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:51 AM
  9. Obadiah liked Southern JC's post in the thread Less Stress.

That's interesting. I think it's sad when teachers are frowned upon for not staying late or taking on extra projects.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:50 AM
  10. Obadiah liked Backroads's post in the thread Less Stress.

Just last week I was listening to one of those snotty radio forums where they were discussing workaholism as the most admirable of...

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:50 AM
  11. Obadiah posted a new thread.

Organizing a Teacher's Desk

I thought this might be helpful information for new teachers. Every classroom I've taught in had a standard teacher's desk with several...

Forum: New Teachers

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:05 AM
  12. Obadiah posted a new thread.

Less Stress

Yesterday, while waiting at a doctor's office (for 45 minutes for my 3 minute check up), I was browsing through the Jan/Feb issue of...

Forum: General Education

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:26 AM
  13. Obadiah liked Backroads's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

This is another aspect to that question. I would assume that if they're in high school and still can't read, something's wrong. Is an...

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:08 AM
  14. Obadiah liked RussianBlueMommy's post in the thread Funny/weird things you overhear students say.

So when working in class today, the kids were having an opportunity to just talk among themselves at a low volume. This one student says...

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:27 AM
  15. Obadiah liked Caesar753's post in the thread When older students Simply. Can't. Read..

My school has an extended school day and is about one hour longer than other schools in the district. We also have a two-hour optional...

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:12 AM

Members Online Now

1. czacza,
  2. Obadiah,
  3. Kelster95,
  4. MrsC,
  5. GTB4GT,
  6. Upsadaisy,
  7. mrsammieb
Total: 475 (members: 8, guests: 354, robots: 113)
test