Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah liked otterpop's post in the thread Can I ban my kids from writing about this game?.

Another thing you could do is provide a broad prompt that would still narrow the topic a bit. Write about a trip that you've taken....

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:37 AM
  2. Obadiah replied to the thread Can I ban my kids from writing about this game?.

I had an enlightening experience when the Ninja Turtles first came out. The elementary kids in my small school hated the cartoon! Then I...

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:34 AM
  3. Obadiah replied to the thread Can I ban my kids from writing about this game?.

A couple of years ago out of curiosity, I browsed the video game section at Wal-Mart. I was shocked! I knew it was bad, but after...

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:36 AM
  4. Obadiah liked Peregrin5's post in the thread Can I ban my kids from writing about this game?.

It amazes me what some parents allow their kids to watch and play.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:21 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread A bit confusing.

At a high school level, I wonder if many students would feel awkward if asked if the need to use the restroom or see a nurse was an...

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM
  6. Obadiah liked greendream's post in the thread A bit confusing.

The bathroom was one of the things I just refused to fight about as a teacher. My only rule was one at a time. Other than that, I never...

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:55 AM
  7. Obadiah liked Linguist92021's post in the thread A bit confusing.

Isn't passing period there to use the bathroom??

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:55 AM
  8. Obadiah replied to the thread How do you model a lesson?.

I've learned that pithy is always preferable. Elementary students, I probably would not require note taking in most circumstances,...

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:51 AM
  9. Obadiah replied to the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Something I've noticed recently. Typed font sometimes uses the "l" shape to represent "1" or even "I" (a capital "i"), which I just...

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:37 AM
  10. Obadiah liked Upsadaisy's post in the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Thank you, Backroads, for clarifying the situation for me. And I did see that he capitalizes the letter in other words at times. I...

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:20 AM
  11. Obadiah liked otterpop's post in the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

I have a student who does sticks in random capitals too. One day, I sat down with him and nitpicked every.single.letter he wrote to make...

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:18 AM
  12. Obadiah liked monsieurteacher's post in the thread Random capital letters: a hill to die on or not?.

Can I ask what letter it is? A B or D by chance? I start to get on them about these sorts of things in grade three, but I would tend...

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:16 AM
  13. Obadiah liked Spedmistress's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

I do not like this idea. What if one of the students gets a hold of the gun?

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:59 AM
  14. Obadiah replied to the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

I recently read an alarming book that delved into more information than the title suggests. Grossman, Lt. Col. Dave, Kristine Paulsen,...

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:16 AM
  15. Obadiah liked Loomistrout's post in the thread Proposal to arm teachers.

Arming teachers with the means to kill someone is a very serious proposition. How much training would it take for a teacher to possess...

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:32 AM
test