Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah replied to the thread 2nd grade ID.

I recall one of my psychology professors in college telling us how when he tests children, he advises not to trust the exact score on...

May 29, 2017 at 7:05 AM
  2. Obadiah liked anon55's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

First recognize your limitations: there's only so much you can do. Well, I had two students attempt suicide this year and basically...

May 29, 2017 at 6:15 AM
  3. Obadiah liked Ms.Holyoke's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I would ask the guidance counselor how to handle the situation with the class. I would not have them make...

May 29, 2017 at 6:14 AM
  4. Obadiah liked catnfiddle's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

I'll approach this one not as a teacher, but as a survivor of a suicide attempt when I was 15. Don't get the other students involved,...

May 29, 2017 at 6:14 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread Defeated :(.

From a statistical point of view, this one test does not reflect on your value as their teacher. The previous teacher was a substitute....

May 28, 2017 at 6:56 AM
  6. Obadiah liked catnfiddle's post in the thread Any LGBT teachers?.

Please, as I have said before, we can discuss political ISSUES without discussing politics. This is such an important dialogue, so...

May 28, 2017 at 6:32 AM
  7. Obadiah liked catnfiddle's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

Throwing out a gentle reminder that while it is okay to mention politics in general, the forum strongly discourages partisan discussion...

May 28, 2017 at 6:25 AM
  8. Obadiah liked coacheichenlaub's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

I wouldn't say the value of education has gone down. I'd say the things being taught in school are gradually being realized to be a lot...

May 28, 2017 at 6:24 AM
  9. Obadiah liked whizkid's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

And I thought this was just in my district!

May 28, 2017 at 6:23 AM
  10. Obadiah liked ms.irene's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

I just found out that one of my students attempted suicide two days ago. The student is alive, but they did something that they told me...

May 27, 2017 at 6:51 AM
  11. Obadiah replied to the thread student attempted suicide.

How tragic when students (or anyone) becomes afflicted with severe depression and/or suicidal attempts, but how wonderful for teachers...

May 27, 2017 at 6:48 AM
  12. Obadiah liked Peregrin5's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

I was in a similar situation this year. A kid that connected with me confessed to planning her suicide, and we got her help from the...

May 27, 2017 at 6:43 AM
  13. Obadiah liked Caesar753's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

I would recommend seeking guidance from your school counselor or district crisis team.

May 27, 2017 at 6:41 AM
  14. Obadiah liked swansong1's post in the thread student attempted suicide.

I'm not sure you want to involve the class in this situation. The student, school, and family would probably rather that things stay...

May 27, 2017 at 6:41 AM

Members Online Now

1. waterfall,
  2. kellzy
Total: 481 (members: 2, guests: 363, robots: 116)
test