Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah liked eiwactor's post in the thread intellectual curiosity vs mandatory learning.

I think that these types of interests is what should drive instruction in our classroom. We should use these genuine curiosities by...

Jul 16, 2018 at 6:21 AM
  2. Obadiah liked eiwactor's post in the thread intellectual curiosity vs mandatory learning.

This type of student lead education encapsulates the 21st century education. I think that oftentimes teachers are apprehensive about...

Jul 16, 2018 at 6:20 AM
  3. Obadiah replied to the thread Alternative to cubbies?.

I'm kind of surprised that type of equipment isn't already supplied as I'm assuming you're referring to a personal space for students'...

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:46 AM
  4. Obadiah liked phillyteacher's post in the thread Skills and Qualifications.

Agree with what's been mentioned and wanted to emphasize computer skills. For my school, it's really useful to be proficient with the...

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:17 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread Skills and Qualifications.

I wouldn't think you need to have an extensive list, perhaps 1 or 2 extra skills. I'm not sure that this one question will be a make or...

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM
  6. Obadiah liked Upsadaisy's post in the thread Dr. Seuss gross motor activity suggestion needed.

[IMG] Compare foot sizes Have a sack race Paint feet and make a collage [IMG] Line up in ABC order by first name and last name. Give...

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:25 AM
  7. Obadiah replied to the thread Dr. Seuss gross motor activity suggestion needed.

Play a rhyming activity, similar to the rhymes in a Dr. Seuss book. Examples: Teacher: I can touch my nose [everyone touches their...

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:25 AM
  8. Obadiah liked 3Sons's post in the thread intellectual curiosity vs mandatory learning.

My middle son is weirdly good at self-motivated learning for some things. For instance, he became interested in the evolution of...

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:11 AM
  9. Obadiah liked eiwactor's post in the thread intellectual curiosity vs mandatory learning.

I recently read about a study in which students were given summer reading books to test the correlation between summer literacy and...

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:11 AM
  10. Obadiah replied to the thread intellectual curiosity vs mandatory learning.

Learning and recall are based upon brain connections. The more the connections, and the stronger the insulation of those connections,...

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:47 AM
  11. Obadiah liked That Business Guy's post in the thread intellectual curiosity vs mandatory learning.

Hello! I believe that intellectual curiosity will occur when the teacher has made the connection to the student's life that the...

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:48 AM

Members Online Now

1. Ms.Holyoke,
  2. Coach Fallon,
  3. vickilyn,
  4. TrademarkTer,
  5. FunnyKids26,
  6. Kat.
Total: 593 (members: 9, guests: 494, robots: 90)
test