Obadiah's Recent Activity

1. Obadiah replied to the thread When one mysteriously student does something wrong....

As a class at the beginning of the year, we would make a list of nice, encouraging things to say to each other and then we'd post the...

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:36 AM
  2. Obadiah liked miss-m's post in the thread When one mysteriously student does something wrong....

An addition to this, it's also important to model it. I don't know how often last year I heard my own words coming out of my 2nd...

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:23 AM
  3. Obadiah liked Backroads's post in the thread When one mysteriously student does something wrong....

I've come across this a few times over my career, and I had another one yesterday: variations of a very mean note about a student being...

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:19 AM
  4. Obadiah liked otterpop's post in the thread How do I make capitalization stick?.

I like this idea. You can also verbally give directions before work is handed in such as: Highlight the start of each sentence. Did you...

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:03 AM
  5. Obadiah replied to the thread How do I make capitalization stick?.

Perhaps even assign a student to read aloud the check list.

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:02 AM
  6. Obadiah replied to the thread Alert on Deadly Fad--Kids Are Ingesting Laundry Detergent.

Teenagers are still growing, and their brains and bodies are experiencing quite a growth spurt. Add to that all that society expects of...

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:53 AM
  7. Obadiah liked ms.irene's post in the thread Alert on Deadly Fad--Kids Are Ingesting Laundry Detergent.

Horrifying...isn't this how Kurt Vonnegut's mother killed herself? Scroll down on the article for a great anti-detergent-eating PSA...

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:13 AM
  8. Obadiah liked MrsC's post in the thread Alert on Deadly Fad--Kids Are Ingesting Laundry Detergent.

We're going to be having a discussion about this in my Grade 7 class this afternoon, starting with the headlines that Facebook and...

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:13 AM
  9. Obadiah liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Alert on Deadly Fad--Kids Are Ingesting Laundry Detergent.

This is more proof that teenagers don't have good sense. I teach them, and I love them dearly . . . but they are a mess.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:12 AM
  10. Obadiah posted a new thread.

Alert on Deadly Fad--Kids Are Ingesting Laundry Detergent

Since January, emergency personnel have seen a record number of poisonings due to the latest fad of mostly teenagers (ages 13-19) eating...

Forum: General Education

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:26 AM
  11. Obadiah replied to the thread Anybody ever completed a one-year Bible reading plan?.

I know a person (who recently went to Heaven) who preferred to read the Bible cover to cover 3 times each year. I've read the Bible...

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:43 AM
  12. Obadiah replied to the thread 1st grade math journals.

Wow! I've used journaling in writing and spelling, but this is the first I've heard about math journaling. What a tremendously...

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:41 AM
  13. Obadiah liked Danny'sNanny's post in the thread 1st grade math journals.

I like to do a lot of “the answer is x” (often the date but not always) And then they write problems to go with the answer So maybe...

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:27 AM
  14. Obadiah replied to the thread Is there any way to turn this around????.

I don't have much time to reply, but a quick comment. If they're waiting until you turn your back, then they do have some restraint in...

Jan 15, 2018 at 6:55 AM
  15. Obadiah liked ms.irene's post in the thread Is there any way to turn this around????.

It is possible to reset, although it is difficult, and it will probably never be perfect. What grade level is this? What plan (if any)...

Jan 15, 2018 at 6:34 AM

Members Online Now

1. jadorelafrance,
  2. vickilyn,
  3. Hokiegrad1993,
  4. Missy,
  5. miss-m
Total: 480 (members: 5, guests: 412, robots: 63)
test