Ms.Holyoke's Recent Activity

1. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

In my . school, most teachers get 45 mins of planning, but math and ELA teachers get extra because we teach 3 longer classes instead of...

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM
  2. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

I guess I’m wondering if it is wise for me to stay in a school with no cap and no union strong enough for a cap, because the sizes can...

Dec 11, 2018 at 6:15 AM
  3. Ms.Holyoke liked ms.irene's post in the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

Overall, I think as a new teacher, if your current placement isn't a total disaster (which it sounds like it isn't), you might be best...

Dec 11, 2018 at 6:13 AM
  4. Ms.Holyoke liked teacherintexas's post in the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

If you have a good administration, have only spent $250, and have an hour of planning a day, you’ve got it pretty good. Just look very...

5. Ms.Holyoke liked FourSquare's post in the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

Stay put for at least another year. I'm always suspicious of people job hopping after only 1 year. I'd want to know what you were...

6. Ms.Holyoke liked rpan's post in the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

I would stay. Admin seems supportive of you and that’s actually rarer than you think. A small class size of let’s say 25 with just 5...

7. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

I actually have about 75 minutes of planning which is really nice & I get a lot done. We also have 45 minutes of collaborative planning...

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:59 PM
  8. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

^ The lack of curriculum isn't a huge deal to me. My mentor has really good resources, but I get frustrated when I am told that I was...

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:41 PM
  9. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!.

I would be wary of leaving a job I liked where I have job security for a job without job security.

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:30 PM
  10. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Should I start applying for other jobs?.

^ I really want a high quality curriculum to teach from. It feels like the kids have no consistency right now between grade levels and...

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:14 PM
  11. Ms.Holyoke posted a new thread.

Should I start applying for other jobs?

This is my first year teaching and I am trying to decide if I should start looking for jobs in other districts in the next few months. I...

Forum: General Education

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:46 PM
  12. Ms.Holyoke liked Leaborb192's post in the thread Christmas Gifts for Students?.

Coal! :toofunny:

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:11 PM
  13. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Christmas Gifts for Students?.

One of my classes doesn’t listen to me! I think I’m leaning towards a hw pass or nothing at all.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:11 PM
  14. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Going Old School.

I was just thinking about how my teachers in middle/high school used an overhead projector or just a whiteboard usually. I usually use...

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:59 PM
  15. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Number of school districts to sub at.

I subbed for about 6 months in two districts. I mainly subbed in one (better pay) and I rarely had trouble finding jobs. I only took a...

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:55 PM
test