Ms.Holyoke's Recent Activity

1. Ms.Holyoke liked czacza's post in the thread Can I get personal?.

I shower daily....kids are germ factories. I also take my school clothes off as soon as I get home.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:26 PM
  2. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Classroom Management HELP.

^ The debriefing was good and she said she would recommend more than one minute of think time and more time to turn and talk. I told her...

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:23 PM
  3. Ms.Holyoke liked LouiseB's post in the thread Classroom Management HELP.

Tell us about the debriefing!

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM
  4. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Pacing!!!.

I'm honestly not sure. The last unit is on absolute value/negative numbers so it seems important. I heard that the highest pass rate for...

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:28 PM
  5. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread I need help with emails to two parents!.

Good call -- thanks. I'll have him come Tues./Wed. next week.

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:27 PM
  6. Ms.Holyoke liked RainStorm's post in the thread I need help with emails to two parents!.

If the school policy is that if they don't show up they get two, then stick to the school policy. Giving him another chance erodes...

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:26 PM
  7. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Pacing!!!.

It's frustrating because I CAN teach the whole curriculum in a year but state testing is in April!! My mentor said I should at least try...

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:39 PM
  8. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Classroom Management HELP.

^ Right, it's the last part of class (and any time that is unstructured, ie. classwork) where they are struggling. Still trying to...

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:44 PM
  9. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread I need help with emails to two parents!.

Whoops - the kid. Mom is coming in to meet on Thursday. The kid is actually doing a bit better in class BUT he still needs a...

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:30 PM
  10. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Classroom Management HELP.

The first part of today's class went really, really well with my tough class. It went better than it did with ALL of my other classes....

Oct 16, 2018 at 5:17 PM
  11. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread I need help with emails to two parents!.

Mom of the kid who I am meeting with also did not show up for his detention!! agh

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:36 PM
  12. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread I need help with emails to two parents!.

This is my email so far. I hope you are having a good start to the week! I wanted to check in with you about XXX's behavior in math...

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:13 PM
  13. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread I need help with emails to two parents!.

So I had another issue with the boy who is argumentative today. He was constantly turning around/talking during classwork. He had a...

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  14. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Pacing!!!.

I’m leaning towards a Monday/Tuesday test as I want them to learn the material. My mentor is giving hers on Tuesday too. But she teaches...

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM
  15. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Can I get personal?.

I set my alarm for 5am and I get out of bed at 5:30. I am usually out the door by 6:30. I choose my outfit the day of which takes time...

Oct 15, 2018 at 8:48 PM
test