Ms.Holyoke's Recent Activity

1. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread What should I wear?.

I think I'll go with the black skirt and blouse! The sundress is a bit casual and I don't feel like wearing a sweater in this weather. I...

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  2. Ms.Holyoke posted a new thread.

What should I wear?

My students from my student teaching are graduating from 8th grade tomorrow so they are having a small ceremony. I'm not sure where it...

Forum: Teacher Time Out

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:30 PM
  3. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

My other question is about teacher pensions. My state doesn't participate in Social Security but my school district has us pay 9% of our...

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:43 AM
  4. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Is a personal printer needed for new teacher?.

Are you looking to print labels, etc. in color at home? I would honestly advise against purchasing a printer just for school right away....

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:11 AM
  5. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Teachers in Oklahoma.

I have heard of this and it scares me. I already have my masters and a job for next year but I might want to switch districts in the...

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:38 AM
  6. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

Does anyone have experience/thoughts about saving for retirement with a Roth IRA vs. a 403b?

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:49 AM
  7. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

I am also going to think about how I can cut costs in terms of expenses. I like to buy coffee every day, but I am going to stop because...

Jun 15, 2018
  8. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Gifts/Notes for students at the end of your St Teaching?.

I know this is an old thread, but I did give my students individualized notes at the end of my student teaching. I got the idea from the...

Jun 15, 2018
  9. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Fall student teaching.

I actually think that student teaching in the fall is a great idea. My fall semester in grad school was easy because we just had grad...

Jun 15, 2018

Members Online Now

1. waterfall,
  2. ready2learn,
  3. futuremathsprof,
  4. Leah Wilson
Total: 307 (members: 6, guests: 196, robots: 105)
test