Ms.Holyoke's Recent Activity

1. Ms.Holyoke liked teacherintexas's post in the thread Am I worrying too much?.

Make new ones. If an interviewer mentioned it, I’d be reinventing the wheel if necessary. Recreate what you had before. Then make them...

Aug 14, 2018 at 5:01 AM
  2. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I'm also trying to figure out a procedure for what students can do when they finish early. I was thinking of maybe having a problem...

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:47 AM
  3. Ms.Holyoke liked Caesar753's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

Depending on your school, lining up outside the classroom might not work. As PPs have said, it can cause bottlenecks in high-traffic...

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:17 AM
  4. Ms.Holyoke liked waterfall's post in the thread School uniform question.

I previously worked at an inner city public school that had uniforms. The idea was that it was supposedly actually cheaper for parents...

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:43 AM
  5. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread School uniform question.

I think I would look for another school if I had to wear a uniform. My students next year do have to wear uniforms and it is pretty...

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:42 AM
  6. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Writing activity: Behavior change.

There was a paraprofessional in my school who all of the kids loved, but they all treated him disrespectfully. They called him by his...

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:41 AM
  7. Ms.Holyoke liked dgpiaffeteach's post in the thread Writing activity: Behavior change.

If it's the first time, I usually just correct them in the same way I would correct their grammar as an English teacher. So if my name...

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:33 AM
  8. Ms.Holyoke attached a file to the thread Pets.

This is my shih tzu! He is a sweetie!

alfie2.jpg Aug 13, 2018 at 6:31 AM
  9. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

^ I have a document camera too so I could have a kid project their work. Hopefully that will not take too long.

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:49 PM
  10. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

We had 70 minute periods but there were days when the Do Now took half the period. My mentor teacher asked me to make the Do Now more...

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:22 PM
  11. Ms.Holyoke liked heatherberm's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I would second using numbered voice levels as opposed to something as general as "quiet." Some kids genuinely don't realize how loud...

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:56 PM
  12. Ms.Holyoke liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

These are the posters I use in my room. I go over everything, including voice levels, with them, but this is posted. Arrival....

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:53 PM
  13. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

^ I really like how you phrased the arrival and dismissal! I wasn't thinking of putting dismissal procedure up but maybe I should.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:51 PM
  14. Ms.Holyoke liked bella84's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

Agreed. I think it’s important to give them opportunities to get the talking out of their system. As adults, we usually talk when we...

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:35 PM
  15. Ms.Holyoke replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I really like this chart! Thanks! Do you think 6th graders would think it's too young?

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:29 PM

Members Online Now

1. Ms.Holyoke,
  2. ssgirl11,
  3. Kelster95,
  4. TrademarkTer,
  5. Caesar753,
  6. dr.gator,
  7. shoreline02,
  8. jadorelafrance,
  9. blazer
Total: 581 (members: 11, guests: 463, robots: 107)
test