MrsC's Recent Activity

1. MrsC replied to the thread Field Trips.

For the most part, we have grade level teams doing the same trips. I can think of a couple of examples where a teacher "opted out", but...

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM
  2. MrsC replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

You have me mixed up with someone else. I get `$25/student in my homeroom class.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  3. MrsC replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:18 AM
  4. MrsC replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

I am elementary, so that's per homeroom class

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:09 PM
  5. MrsC replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

We get, in two installments during the year, ~$25/student to spend on "consumable" supplies--notebooks, paper, pencils, whiteboard...

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:43 AM
  6. MrsC replied to the thread Mental Health Days.

I don't get personal days. We have 10 sick days/year as well as other days that are designated for things like bereavement, moving,...

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:56 AM
  7. MrsC replied to the thread Sunshine Committee.

We are asked for $25 at the beginning of each school year. This covers cards and flowers for illnesses, bereavement, etc. as well as...

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:52 AM
  8. MrsC replied to the thread IEPs & Start Date.

We work on a Day 1 - 5 cycle. Withdrawal of students begins at the start of the second cycle. During the first 5 days, Special Ed...

Sep 17, 2018 at 7:40 AM
  9. MrsC replied to the thread Mental Health Days.

My mental health is just as important as my physical health, so I believe that a day to tend to that is a valid use of a sick day.

Sep 17, 2018 at 7:36 AM
  10. MrsC liked Always__Learning's post in the thread I Can't Get My Work Done Because I'm Not Allowed To Be In The Building.

Ms. Holyoke, I think your Super gave you good advice about using a school phone for school phone calls.

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  11. MrsC replied to the thread Bi-Weekly Paychecks.

I'm paid every second Friday during the school year; at the end of June, we receive the pay for July and August in a lump sum. I...

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:16 AM
  12. MrsC replied to the thread Ch-Ch-Changes.

We always get new enrolments over the summer, as homes sell and new families move in. Some of our families are house-poor, so there are...

Sep 14, 2018 at 4:25 PM
  13. MrsC replied to the thread I Can't Get My Work Done Because I'm Not Allowed To Be In The Building.

I've never worked in a building where teachers have keys. The custodians and admin are the only ones with access to the building and...

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:56 AM
  14. MrsC posted a new thread.

Ch-Ch-Changes

Today will be like the first day of school all over again. Due to an influx of new enrollments in grade 6 over the summer and during the...

Forum: General Education

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:15 AM

Members Online Now

1. TeacherNY,
  2. Linguist92021,
  3. jadorelafrance,
  4. ms.irene,
  5. Teacher234,
  6. tchr4vr,
  7. catnfiddle
Total: 538 (members: 7, guests: 484, robots: 47)
test