MrsC's Recent Activity

1. MrsC replied to the thread How did you get your current job?.

When I was subbing, I twice had principals recommend me for interviews--once for a long-term sub position and once for a permanent...

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM
  2. MrsC liked czacza's post in the thread New P hired and starts tomorrow....

Just work on being your authentic self as a teacher.

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:19 PM
  3. MrsC liked czacza's post in the thread Members who are MIA.

Aliceacc was a wealth of information and her insight is missed. She ‘bowed out’ a while ago- she had youngish kids at the time and grew...

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:58 PM
  4. MrsC liked czacza's post in the thread New P hired and starts tomorrow....

I’ve had two Supes, 4 principals (an outgoing P hired me so all the principals have been ones who didn't ‘hire’ me). Admins come and...

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:19 AM
  5. MrsC liked MissScrimmage's post in the thread My annual "I've done jack squat" this summer break thread.....

Today I grabbed a frappuccino and headed to the park to do some professional reading. I wasn't sure how it would work out - worried...

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:16 AM
  6. MrsC replied to the thread What’s Your Style?!.

Add in "school mom" and that's me in a nutshell.

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:16 PM
  7. MrsC replied to the thread School Location.

I'm in Southern Ontario.

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:30 PM
  8. MrsC liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread Taking over the classroom of a lazy, pushy teacher.

“Glad we got to chat today, (insert name of teacher)! Unfortunately, though, I can’t store your things in my classroom. Let me know what...

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:30 PM
  9. MrsC liked MissScrimmage's post in the thread Should I request permission from admin before starting a classroom GoFundMe?.

There are many, many different lines in a school budget. While you may get $200 in instructional money, there could be additional...

Jul 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM
  10. MrsC liked dr.gator's post in the thread Should I request permission from admin before starting a classroom GoFundMe?.

Also keep in mind that when you post on these fundraising sites you are using the school’s name to secure funds to purchase the items....

Jul 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM
  11. MrsC replied to the thread Life Advice and encouragement.

I do wish you the best, but you need the kind of support you haven't been willing to accept from members here.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:39 PM
  12. MrsC replied to the thread Throwing Out Old Coursework from Credential Program?.

I had boxes of teaching stuff in the basement for years. Last summer, I tossed everything--didn't even open the boxes. I figured if I...

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:31 PM
  13. MrsC liked teacherintexas's post in the thread Are items purchased with instructional funds school or personal property?.

I follow a simple rule. If I didn’t crack open my wallet to get the item, I don’t keep the item.

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM
  14. MrsC replied to the thread Are items purchased with instructional funds school or personal property?.

If the money came from the school, the items belong to the school. I use personal funds for anything I want to have control over or be...

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:36 PM

Members Online Now

1. Ms.Holyoke,
  2. Kat.,
  3. 3Sons,
  4. heatherberm,
  5. txbelle,
  6. Lynn2018,
  7. greendream,
  8. kp148,
  9. jadorelafrance
Total: 552 (members: 12, guests: 448, robots: 92)
test