miss-m's Recent Activity

1. miss-m replied to the thread It's a beautiful day outside....

This is an awesome idea. Have them find states and see who can find it first! Or just take a 10-15 minute "brain break" and go outside....

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:01 PM
  2. miss-m replied to the thread Passing students to the next grade up.

This is great in theory, but I can't imagine possibly providing individualized instruction with more than like 18-20 kids. I had 26...

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:59 PM
  3. miss-m replied to the thread Passing students to the next grade up.

I lived in Mexico City for 2.5 months last summer. Trial by fire! The ladies I was working with just sort of stopped translating for me...

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:01 PM
  4. miss-m replied to the thread Job Search Advice.

These are really long hours and that is a LOT of students for a first year teacher. Maybe it's different at a middle school/high school...

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:21 AM
  5. miss-m replied to the thread Passing students to the next grade up.

I mean, that's what I'm basing it off of. It seems like the grammar and intended meaning should carry over with a reflexive verb - "Sí...

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:23 PM
  6. miss-m replied to the thread Passing students to the next grade up.

Either one. "te puedes" is like "you (yourself) can do it" as a form of encouragement. Tú puedes is like... you can/are able to. Same...

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:04 PM
  7. miss-m replied to the thread Passing students to the next grade up.

I'm sorry to be that person, but "sí, te puedes*"

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:26 PM
  8. miss-m replied to the thread Favorite Teacher Movie.

I forgot about Matilda! I love Miss Honey.

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:05 PM
  9. miss-m replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

I feel like there has to be some kind of balanced option. Students who are a threat to themselves and others need a different...

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM
  10. miss-m replied to the thread Leave bad administrators or wait them out?.

I’m curious why this is? It seems so weird that principals would move or get moved so frequently when stability is so good for a school...

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:26 AM
  11. miss-m replied to the thread Favorite Teacher Movie.

Does Mona Lisa Smile count as a teacher movie? I just watched that for the first time a couple months ago and honestly loved it. I'm...

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM
  12. miss-m posted a new thread.

Leave bad administrators or wait them out?

A conversation at my school today got me wondering about this. I think my school's admin is pretty awesome; the P is fantastic; AP is...

Forum: General Education

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:14 PM
  13. miss-m replied to the thread Lowest Performing School in County.

This is going on at my school too, so way to go on sticking with making such difficult changes! The P and AP are new as of last year (my...

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM
test