miss-m's Recent Activity

1. miss-m replied to the thread Can I vent for a second about discipline and ethnicity?.

Haha thanks! I love tardigrades. I taught my kiddos about them last year in writing, it was fantastic. XD

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:19 AM
  2. miss-m replied to the thread Roving Sub--Certificated Teacher.

The roving subs at my school cover classrooms for 30 minutes or so while the teacher is in a meeting. That’s generally been my...

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:00 AM
  3. miss-m replied to the thread Can I vent for a second about discipline and ethnicity?.

It feels like that’s what happened. I had several students who would shout out answers, for example, but it stood out more as...

Jan 20, 2018 at 7:58 AM
  4. miss-m replied to the thread When one mysteriously student does something wrong....

An addition to this, it's also important to model it. I don't know how often last year I heard my own words coming out of my 2nd...

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:30 PM
  5. miss-m liked otterpop's post in the thread Can I vent for a second about discipline and ethnicity?.

I'm going to remove race from the equation here for a moment (it's relevant, but don't want to start any arguments) to say that I think...

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:10 PM
  6. miss-m posted a new thread.

Can I vent for a second about discipline and ethnicity?

(Mods, if this is too close to being political or it gets too charged PLEASE delete/close the thread - I don't want to cause problems, I...

Forum: General Education

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:35 PM
  7. miss-m liked Upsadaisy's post in the thread I made myself get work done so now I'm taking a break... and a question..

A Wrinkle in Time was my favorite book when I was a child. I read every book in the series - and everything else Madeline L'Engle...

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM
  8. miss-m liked MissScrimmage's post in the thread When one mysteriously student does something wrong....

It depends... I usually have a heart to heart with the class, telling them I found an unkind note in our classroom and that I'm...

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:41 PM
  9. miss-m replied to the thread Student teaching.. dislike different teaching style.

What's the class takeover expectation for this placement? If you're expected to completely take over the class, I'd ask if you can...

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:41 PM
  10. miss-m replied to the thread When one mysteriously student does something wrong....

When this has happened in my classes in the past, I’ve stopped everyone right then to address it. I make it very clear that these types...

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:53 AM
  11. miss-m replied to the thread Male preschool teacher ?.

I think a male preschool teacher is great - however, I'm curious about you being asked to help kids in the bathroom as a sub. Whenever...

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:15 PM
  12. miss-m replied to the thread I made myself get work done so now I'm taking a break... and a question..

Disturbing in what way? I’ve been eyeing this series but don’t really know anything about it.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:19 PM
  13. miss-m liked Peregrin5's post in the thread I made myself get work done so now I'm taking a break... and a question..

I haven't read Handmaid's Tale but the series on Hulu?/Netflix? is freaking amazing and disturbing.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:18 PM
  14. miss-m liked mathmagic's post in the thread I made myself get work done so now I'm taking a break... and a question..

"According to AR" it's around a 4th-5th grade reading level. Don't let that deter him at all -- just have him try it out and see if he...

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:17 AM
  15. miss-m replied to the thread I made myself get work done so now I'm taking a break... and a question..

The book sucked me in, and I've gotten to a few scenes that are referenced in the movie trailer... and I can already tell they took some...

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Members Online Now

1. AlwaysAttend,
  2. miss-m,
  3. jadorelafrance,
  4. Leaborb192,
  5. Upsadaisy,
  6. Ms.Holyoke
Total: 447 (members: 7, guests: 355, robots: 85)
test