mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic liked SpecialPreskoo's post in the thread IEPs & Start Date.

Yeah, illegal. You need to see what is going on. If parents knew this, they might be having a fit.

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:03 PM
  2. mathmagic replied to the thread Mental Health Days.

Three days isn't as bad (at least when thinking about the traditional schedule; I know this doesn't fit you as well) when you consider...

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  3. mathmagic replied to the thread Field Trips.

Outside of perhaps a specific "visit" to our classroom (i.e. I've had someone come and show students the inner workings of a gaming...

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:57 PM
  4. mathmagic replied to the thread IEPs & Start Date.

That's just unacceptable and illegal.

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:00 PM
  5. mathmagic replied to the thread IEPs & Start Date.

It probably depends on the child, as many can function well, but just may struggle with concepts that are taught (much like students...

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:34 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread Mental Health Days.

Even though I've never been on the teaching end (i.e. classroom teacher taking the sick day) of this (colleagues have, as well as those...

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM
  7. mathmagic replied to the thread IEPs & Start Date.

This was me, except with the other discussion! Granted, I actually prefer that the pullouts not start until the second week, because of...

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM
  8. mathmagic replied to the thread IEPs & Start Date.

Out of curiosity (I promise! I'm just curious now that I had read that conversation), being an admin, have you ever had any parents...

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:55 PM
  9. mathmagic posted a new thread.

IEPs & Start Date

Happened upon an interesting discussion elsewhere - curious to hear how it is at your schools: when do your students start receiving...

Forum: General Education

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:05 PM
  10. mathmagic replied to the thread Incorporating science into primary ideas?.

By the way, a wonderful (heh) site that, while perhaps more geared toward intermediate, is fantastic and incorporates some...

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  11. mathmagic replied to the thread Incorporating science into primary ideas?.

I think the biggest and easiest thing to implement is increasing the "wonder", that is, having students be curious about the world...

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:44 PM
  12. mathmagic liked Always__Learning's post in the thread Mental Health Days.

I would disagree with the idea that we "earn" sick days. Where I am, our union negotiates for sick days that we can use when we are...

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:38 PM
  13. mathmagic replied to the thread Grading workbooks and small groups of 10???.

Do you not see their classwork other than at the end of the week? Is there a way you could either correct that classwork together or...

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:29 PM
  14. mathmagic replied to the thread Tips for Teaching Long Division.

[IMG] (I'll edit in the fact that this had zero to do with private vs public, nor a me vs. you -- I'm replying to the comment below...

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:17 PM
  15. mathmagic replied to the thread Does your school expect that you provide supplies?.

Yeah, about that...:whistle: (Perhaps we need to start BBA - book buyers anonymous? Or start ABBA up again -- always buying books...

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:29 PM

Members Online Now

1. MathGuy31,
  2. TrademarkTer,
  3. waterfall,
  4. YoungTeacherGuy,
  5. Linguist92021,
  6. flairpen,
  7. czacza
Total: 590 (members: 9, guests: 541, robots: 40)
test