mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic liked ms.irene's post in the thread Classroom Mgmt and Discipline.

Pi, you have identified three of the top issues for classroom management: consistency, fairness, and following through. I would make...

May 26, 2017 at 6:07 PM
  2. mathmagic replied to the thread Fidgets… why?.

There's always something. Even when I was a kid, I'm sure (I can't remember perfectly...ha) there were some toys or some little bits...

May 26, 2017 at 6:03 PM
  3. mathmagic liked greendream's post in the thread Fidgets… why?.

My question would be, why is our automatic response to such things to ban them?

May 26, 2017 at 5:59 PM
  4. mathmagic replied to the thread I don't feel like I have improved.

It's hard to see growth as a teacher, because you're always reflecting, always growing, but usually in very small increments. Plus,...

May 25, 2017 at 9:54 AM
  5. mathmagic replied to the thread Subbing job: Should I cancel?.

Try a reflection exercise: (we could share our own thoughts, but it's more powerful when you're able to!) -- What was one or two...

May 24, 2017 at 8:22 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread How many hours of sleep do you get at night?.

Again - read through carefully: that answer was regarding working after school. Not sleeping.

May 24, 2017 at 5:21 PM
  7. mathmagic replied to the thread Subbing job: Should I cancel?.

As vickilyn said, and as Frederick Douglass said (paraphrased): "Without struggle, there is no progress." Struggling through...

May 24, 2017 at 5:17 PM
  8. mathmagic liked vickilyn's post in the thread Subbing job: Should I cancel?.

The more you live through, the stronger you become. That was my mantra when I subbed, and it hasn't changed much over the years. Use...

May 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM
  9. mathmagic replied to the thread How many hours of sleep do you get at night?.

Not a single person has said that. If you read it carefully, a couple have said that for some, but not all nights (one as a lowest end...

May 24, 2017 at 5:11 PM
  10. mathmagic replied to the thread How many hours of sleep do you get at night?.

A. What subject to you teach? 4th B. What grade do you teach? 4th :) C. On level, honors, AP, IB, or special Ed? N/A D. Public or...

May 24, 2017 at 11:22 AM
  11. mathmagic replied to the thread Fidget Spinners.

Ah yes, the goo. That one has been the one that's hit with a few of my learners who need focus on what we're doing more than...

May 23, 2017 at 7:59 PM
  12. mathmagic replied to the thread Fidget Spinners.

In my mind (but I could be wrong in my thinking/approach), if a child is making an improper choice with a material, the first time it's...

May 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM
  13. mathmagic liked Ms.Holyoke's post in the thread Fidget Spinners.

It seems like it would be more work for the teachers to keep passing spinners on to each other & keep track of whose is whose in case a...

May 23, 2017 at 5:49 PM
  14. mathmagic replied to the thread pending budget approval.

While I cannot point to experience in this regard, I'd imagine that they would interview so that they have potential hires ready to...

May 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Members Online Now

1. gr3teacher,
  2. czacza,
  3. CoolJT,
  4. yellowdaisies,
  5. RainStorm,
  6. christie,
  7. Kelster95,
  8. MrsC,
  9. rpan,
  10. Ms.Holyoke,
  11. Sab
Total: 537 (members: 12, guests: 417, robots: 108)
test