mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic replied to the thread Keep up the good fight ladies and gentlemen.

Congrats on 40 years! To stick with anything for that long is to be celebrated, and to put all the work in over the years serving the...

May 25, 2018 at 5:16 PM
  2. mathmagic liked stephenpe's post in the thread Keep up the good fight ladies and gentlemen.

The last time my job was posted Ronald Reagan was our President. The further he gets in my rear view mirror the better he looks. He had...

May 25, 2018 at 5:15 PM
  3. mathmagic replied to the thread Has anyone been a rater for the CAASPP, Pearson, or ETS tests during the past year?.

Hard to remember, as it was about 6-7 years ago, but it was probably just a month or two -- I think it was a mix of quality of ratings...

May 25, 2018 at 9:52 AM
  4. mathmagic replied to the thread Has anyone been a rater for the CAASPP, Pearson, or ETS tests during the past year?.

I was a rater, I think through ETS -- it was for the Gates Teacher Effectiveness study. I was a rater and then a scoring lead for the...

May 24, 2018 at 6:01 PM
  5. mathmagic replied to the thread Relationships are key.

It's vital, and it's the underlying key to breaking through many situations (not all, but many). Just take math for example: you feel...

May 24, 2018 at 1:56 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread Amazon Prime.

The student discount still exists. However, you have to have a specifically-ending e-mail address to qualify for that, which many...

May 23, 2018 at 6:21 PM
  7. mathmagic replied to the thread "Projecting your work and where to stand" advice.....

My presentation station is at the front, facing sideways (board to the right, students to the left). My favorite way to teach though is...

May 22, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  8. mathmagic replied to the thread Are you intimidating?.

Nope. And I never want to be. I connect with students in a way such that I'm always a welcoming presence that they can trust and feel...

May 22, 2018 at 9:35 AM
  9. mathmagic replied to the thread How do you respond to,"Is this for a grade?".

It doesn't come up in my classroom. From day 1, and throughout the year, I'm constantly teaching them that the grade itself isn't what...

May 22, 2018 at 9:31 AM
  10. mathmagic replied to the thread Personal Bias and Teacher Effectiveness.

I think there's a couple elements: -- First, as Caesar said, there tends to have to be some element of connection: whether knowing...

May 21, 2018 at 6:13 PM
  11. mathmagic liked Caesar753's post in the thread Personal Bias and Teacher Effectiveness.

I am a lot more willing to try new things when they seem to make sense and when the ideas/suggestions/directives come from people who...

May 21, 2018 at 6:07 PM
  12. mathmagic replied to the thread One more week!!.

One more month...trying to desparately fit everything in that got put aside a bit leading up to testing. Lots of SS/Sci/Art in the last...

May 20, 2018
  13. mathmagic replied to the thread Pink/Blue Cards.

Our process is very organized and careful. We have placement cards on blue and pink cardstock (used throughout the child's time, so we...

May 20, 2018

Members Online Now

1. SaraFirst,
  2. Obadiah,
  3. TrademarkTer,
  4. Ms.Holyoke,
  5. miss-m,
  6. Always__Learning,
  7. 2ndTimeAround
Total: 296 (members: 11, guests: 212, robots: 73)
test