mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic liked Obadiah's post in the thread Respect.

When parents and teachers respect a child, the child learns to respect others.

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:36 AM
  2. mathmagic replied to the thread Independent Reading - Class Time lessening IR?.

I captured a little bit of information about their home reading habits in a couple ways: I asked them to complete an "average weekly...

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:50 AM
  3. mathmagic liked FourSquare's post in the thread Independent Reading - Class Time lessening IR?.

I pride myself on keeping a good library. I get several book grants every year and maintain many copies of award winning titles,...

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:41 AM
  4. mathmagic posted a new thread.

Independent Reading - Class Time lessening IR?

Yeah, horrible title. I'm actually somewhat curious, though, especially after the crazy success last year: is the time I'm setting...

Forum: General Education

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:40 PM
  5. mathmagic replied to the thread Indiana Introduces Retroactive Pay Cuts.

Separate somewhat from the content, but logically: A-->B doesn't mean that Not A --> Not B (or vice versa) (Sorry, obsessed with math...

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:59 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread Homework for preK?.

Show them the research about homework. They should be reading with their child, nothing more, outside of just natural play (where...

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:49 PM
  7. mathmagic liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread More Hurricanes.

The topic of this thread is prayer for the suffering of the victims of Hurricane Maria and other hurricanes throughout the Caribbean in...

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM
  8. mathmagic replied to the thread Tacky or Not? Child's 1st Birthday.

Sounds tacky, unless they specifically asked for ideas, or it's something regularly done within your family.

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:13 PM
  9. mathmagic liked shoreline02's post in the thread What are your small successes?.

We've been having learning walks throughout the school with the administrative team and different grade levels. They take a look at...

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM
  10. mathmagic replied to the thread What are your small successes?.

I'm that way too, and love that you threw this out there as a thread. For today, it was that I chose to start taking 3-5 minutes a day...

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM
  11. mathmagic replied to the thread Too sensitive to correction/mistakes.

In addition to the content-driven approaches being mentioned, make sure to spend some time discussing growth mindset and making...

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:28 AM
  12. mathmagic liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread No School Tomorrow--How about you?.

After reading through this thread and the title, I saw your username and laughed. :D

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM
  13. mathmagic replied to the thread No School Tomorrow--How about you?.

None that I know of around here.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Members Online Now

1. catnfiddle,
  2. MissCeliaB,
  3. sped_666,
  4. stephenpe,
  5. Caesar753,
  6. vickilyn
Total: 779 (members: 7, guests: 684, robots: 88)
test