mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic replied to the thread In what ways is school different from when you were a teenager?.

It says it in your profile ;)

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:19 PM
  2. mathmagic liked Backroads's post in the thread Students won't stop copying.

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at your example. I have a 2nd grader who has a similar tendency. She is ELL with a potential learning...

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:26 PM
  3. mathmagic replied to the thread Students won't stop copying.

I think here's your two key pieces of data/information that you want to analyze. First, if they're well below level, when working with...

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:40 AM
  4. mathmagic replied to the thread Students won't stop copying.

A few thoughts: First, my mind initially jumps to wondering if they're over-compensating from being asked to quote / utilize text to...

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:30 PM
  5. mathmagic liked czacza's post in the thread Lesson on Surface Area.

Hmm. You could have kids cover a box (cereal/Kleenex/etc) with nonstandard items and count up how many such items it took. Examples:...

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:50 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread PARCC.

With our testing, (not PARCC, but another standardized test), we have the same accommodation available. Same situation - some students...

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:19 PM
  7. mathmagic liked teacherintexas's post in the thread Managing a classroom library.

That sounds like a lot of work! I used to have a spreadsheet of my books, but the last time I updated the list, I had over twelve...

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:52 AM
  8. mathmagic replied to the thread Managing a classroom library.

I've considered that each of the past two years: thinking about a manual database (excel or something) or trying a variety of apps....

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:38 PM
  9. mathmagic liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread Took CSET Math Subtest 2, Odds of passing?.

I'll put it this way: the chances of my giving specific odds, especially when I'm being pushed for them, are zero.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:30 PM
  10. mathmagic liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread Feels like my final 2 months at this school.

I always told myself: "I will be their only 2nd grade teacher. No one can ever take that away from me. This will be the best year ever...

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:06 PM
  11. mathmagic replied to the thread Feels like my final 2 months at this school.

Agreed with the above posters. Really, it's a great opportunity to capture moments that you can mention in future interviews or cover...

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM
  12. mathmagic liked AmyMyNamey's post in the thread Feels like my final 2 months at this school.

It may not matter how you perform for your principal, but it should matter how you perform for own own sense of pride and self-worth....

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:44 AM
test