mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic replied to the thread No late homework..

Ah, the benefits of being elementary and thus homework not being graded except for as a "completes work on time" life skill grade.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  2. mathmagic replied to the thread More engaging ways to go over a worksheet with students?.

A couple thoughts: Have them pre-correct it (I sometimes have keys to the math HW around the room so they can correct it when coming...

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:06 AM
  3. mathmagic liked mathteachertobe's post in the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

My policy is that if students want to share answers, they can also share points. I split the higher of the two scores evenly between...

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:22 PM
  4. mathmagic replied to the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

While I always take past choices in to consideration, when it comes down to it, I hold those who don't follow expectations just that...

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM
  5. mathmagic replied to the thread How to make lesson plans?.

There are tons of options for approaches you can find here: http://www.bing.com/search?q=lesson+plan+template

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:44 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread I think I need your help now more than ever..

Maybe think of it this way: If you were to go in tomorrow, how would you feel? Would you feel better because you're at school and...

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:40 PM
  7. mathmagic replied to the thread Website that takes ads out of your Youtube videos?.

http://www.tubechop.com/ Also allows you just to select the part of the video that you want to show.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:34 PM
  8. mathmagic liked catnfiddle's post in the thread If a parent misses conference, how long do you wait to contact them?.

I would usually call, but the next day, mostly to make sure everything is okay.

Feb 20, 2017
  9. mathmagic replied to the thread If a parent misses conference, how long do you wait to contact them?.

I've had it happen once or twice in my 3ish years so far, and each time, I'll just send a brief e-mail home about how I missed them...

Feb 20, 2017
  10. mathmagic replied to the thread Should Posts Be Graded?.

There a reason Facebook was unbelievably careful around implementing any other reactions than "like", and only gave one quasi-negative...

Feb 20, 2017

Members Online Now

1. GemStone,
  2. Xerographica,
  3. Linguist92021
Total: 491 (members: 3, guests: 400, robots: 88)
test