mathmagic's Recent Activity

1. mathmagic liked MissScrimmage's post in the thread Frustrated/Annoyed...how do I approach this?.

I would let most of them self-assess, but there were always a few in grade 1 that were in denial about their skill level.

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:00 PM
  2. mathmagic replied to the thread Frustrated/Annoyed...how do I approach this?.

I do something similar to this, but usually have them self assess where they're at (feeling comfortable, need to ask a question or two...

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM
  3. mathmagic liked gr3teacher's post in the thread Frustrated/Annoyed...how do I approach this?.

Consider trying a modified model. One possible thought to blend whole group with small group would be to dedicate the twenty minutes of...

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:31 PM
  4. mathmagic replied to the thread How ahead are you in planning?.

At the beginning of the year, we created a generic curriculum map that guides our year. At any given time, I can tell you exactly where...

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:52 PM
  5. mathmagic replied to the thread McGraw Hill Wonders.

This is only my experience, and honestly, I adjust it each time around, so expect to tweak it a ton as you find what works for your...

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM
  6. mathmagic replied to the thread Management....

I agree: consistency is important! With this being fourth grade, I don't think any changes would make kids feel as though there was a...

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:54 PM
  7. mathmagic posted a new thread.

Management...

Granted, it's report card time of the year, which means there's already some extra stress/long nights, but I'm finding that not 1, not...

Forum: General Education

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Members Online Now

1. Pashtun,
  2. MrsC,
  3. ProbableConfusion,
  4. MLB711,
  5. heatherberm,
  6. Caesar753,
  7. Peregrin5
Total: 681 (members: 8, guests: 568, robots: 105)
test