Leaborb192's Recent Activity

1. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Student Complaints.

All we did for one of our classes in HS was fill in the blanks as she clicked through the Power point. Yeah it got old fast! I didn't...

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:03 PM
  2. Leaborb192 liked Caesar753's post in the thread Bothered by bullies in hs while working as a substitute teacher....

How is this relevant?

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:41 AM
  3. Leaborb192 replied to the thread school board votes to not renew my contract.

Exactly and don't try to go into deep by analyzing all the bs politics that get involved in the hiring or firing process. TRUST ME...

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:01 PM
  4. Leaborb192 liked catnfiddle's post in the thread school board votes to not renew my contract.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. This is the perfect case where saying "it wasn't a good fit" is not only appropriate, it's...

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM
  5. Leaborb192 liked Teachis4m3's post in the thread Bad reference/ No reference.

I got a really good end of year evaluation a few days ago (It would be good for a veteran teacher). I would not want to work for the...

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:39 AM
  6. Leaborb192 replied to the thread ID Student getting away with everything.

Yup. Just more examples of how KIDS get to run the school system now and admin is pretty much useless and ineffective (other than...

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:41 AM
  7. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Job Hunt Frustration, Venting & Support Thread!.

"Upstate," which depending on where you are may mean many things. :rofl:

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:18 PM
  8. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Job Hunt Frustration, Venting & Support Thread!.

I like to use this as my anonymous venting safe place. :D Ugh as a sub (and probably speaking for others) here is what I want to say:...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:45 AM
  9. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Is it better to student teach in Fall or Spring semester?.

Fall at the beginning of the year so you can see how a teacher opens a classroom and deals with management, routines, etc. I would have...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:04 AM
  10. Leaborb192 liked Caesar753's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

This post is making me side-eye all your other posts, OP. I'm starting to wonder if all the other problems you've been facing at your...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM
  11. Leaborb192 liked mathteachertobe's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I guess my issue is the sense I have that the OP is trying to establish hierarchical dominance in a system that already confers to them...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM
  12. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

Just FYI: I go to school in NY.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM
  13. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

If this is your WORST problem consider yourself lucky! Seriously. I think if you want to be called "Dr." go teach at a college, but I'm...

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:42 PM
test