Leaborb192's Recent Activity

1. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Another interview down...one more to go..

Probably because of $$$ and I think it was just a BS excuse because they planned on hiring the student teacher anyway.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM
  2. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Unless you REALLY need a job! I mean as crazy as it may sound, I may end up moving back there when I finish my...

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:31 PM
  3. Leaborb192 liked AmyMyNamey's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

So stay the hell away from Arizona. Duly noted.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM
  4. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

My college had 2 math majors student teaching this past semester... 2! And our foreign language ed department is closing. Starting this...

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:29 PM
  5. Leaborb192 liked SageScience's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

The reason why Phoenix Union pays higher is because: 1) benefits are barely covered. Teachers lose a very large amount of their paycheck...

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:26 PM
  6. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I'm actually OK with that. Some schools do offer higher pay (or a stipend) for high needs fields. Elementary teachers are a dime a dozen...

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:23 PM
  7. Leaborb192 liked Teacherhere's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

There definitely needs to be a balance in how tax payer money is funding education and other services. Governments overspend and fund...

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:14 AM
  8. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

It's because they don't do their research or think critically. Why bother? The basic premise is ''go to college and you'll get a well...

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:14 AM
  9. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I think that people forget that anything that comes from the gov't is actually the tax payers funding it. If teachers wanted higher pay,...

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM
  10. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Well... that's pretty much what the red states do. They want to pay you - -and provide working conditions -- similar to that of Walmart...

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:40 AM
  11. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I would take SERIOUS discipline from a supportive admin who doesn't throw you under the bus or leave you hanging over salary in a heart...

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM
  12. Leaborb192 liked Rainbowbird's post in the thread Another interview down...one more to go..

I know. They will give positive feedback but will never tell you WHY you didn't get hired...because of course, that opens the door to a...

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:20 PM
  13. Leaborb192 replied to the thread Another interview down...one more to go..

I mean we can pretty much figure it out... if a bunch of $$$ teachers retire and are replaced with $ NQT then yes. But then the question...

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:20 PM
  14. Leaborb192 replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

:yeahthat:

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM
  15. Leaborb192 liked teacherintexas's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Insurance for a family is over a thousand a month in my district. An aide I know has to pay the district for insurance because her check...

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM
test