Ima Teacher's Recent Activity

1. Ima Teacher replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

That’s a plus to living in my area. I bought my house in 2000. I was single and 29. Decent house in established neighborhood. Three...

Jun 17, 2018 at 10:48 PM
  2. Ima Teacher replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

Oh, and don’t be afraid to say no to things. If it costs you money that you don’t want to spend, then don’t do it.

Jun 17, 2018 at 6:01 PM
  3. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Is a personal printer needed for new teacher?.

Our school supplies a laser printer and one cartridge per year. We get 4000 copies a month (up from 1600 a few years ago) on the...

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:57 PM
  4. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Who has tattoos?.

I was curious because I’d never heard the word gross used to describe tattoos. I made sure all of mine are easily covered because I...

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:16 PM
  5. Ima Teacher replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

Tennis shoes are not business casual. For men, business casual shoes are a dress boot, loafer, wingtip, or oxford. For women, business...

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:26 PM
  6. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Is there such a thing as "second round" interviews?.

We have used second round interviews when our first round of interviews either didn't give us a candidate we wanted or our top candidate...

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM
  7. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Who has tattoos?.

I realize that plenty of people have no interest in tattoos, but exactly what makes them "gross"?

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:17 PM
  8. Ima Teacher replied to the thread How difficult would teaching AP classes be for a first year teacher.

Do AP teachers no longer have to have a special training to teach that level? As a student teacher, I had the AP class but could not...

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:40 PM
  9. Ima Teacher replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

A will and a durable power of attorney can take care of these issues without you having to put anyone's name on your assets. I don't...

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:55 PM
  10. Ima Teacher replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

1. Don't buy too much for your classroom in the beginning. It is very tempting to go overboard and make huge lists of things that you...

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:47 PM
  11. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Is it worth it to rent furniture or buy.

We gave away a bunch of pieces when we got married. DH and I had each been homeowners for 20+ years before we married, so we had two...

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM
  12. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Who has tattoos?.

I have 8 tattoos. They can be all covered easily if needed, but it’s not an issue in my district. We are a rural, conservative...

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:02 AM
  13. Ima Teacher replied to the thread New Teachers and $$$.

Item three covered a lot of ground. :dizzy: My brain in on travel overload, so I'll come back and check later when I have more time....

Jun 13, 2018 at 8:38 AM
  14. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Names on Bags?.

Mine are various combos. Monogram with three initials. Monogram with single initial. Last name. First name. Mrs. Lastname.

Jun 13, 2018 at 8:34 AM
  15. Ima Teacher replied to the thread When you're just not a neat and tidy person....

I always have the house uncluttered, but you probably don't want to look behind or under furniture. That doesn't get cleaned as often....

Jun 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM

Members Online Now

1. MissBee06,
  2. MrsC,
  3. catnfiddle,
  4. mirnalinisathya1327
Total: 435 (members: 6, guests: 332, robots: 97)
test