Ima Teacher's Recent Activity

1. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Does anyone have administrators that micromanage what you do in the classroom?.

I’m not sure I’d consider all of that micromanaging.

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:30 PM
  2. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Spring Break and other near future breaks.

After our school board met last week, they decided we do get two days of spring break. That’s better than nothing. DH is off April 1...

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:15 PM
  3. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Not sure about job- need advice..

I’d not take a job offer without seeing the school and talking with the people.

Mar 24, 2019 at 1:47 PM
  4. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Is this legal?.

Unfortunately we don’t have resources to keep kids with SED teachers all day. As long as the IEP requirements are being met, it’s...

Mar 24, 2019 at 1:44 PM
  5. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Cell Phone Policy.

Our kids are allowed to use phones for class work if the teacher approves it. I use Kahoot! often. Otherwise, they are to stay out...

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:52 AM
  6. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Has anyone turned their classroom into an escape room? Come talk to me!.

I’ve done two of them this year. The first one we got from the Breakout.edu website. The second one my partner teacher made. We...

Mar 22, 2019 at 8:52 PM
  7. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Time to start this thread...when do you get out this year?.

June 1, which is 15 days later than scheduled. DH gets out on May 24.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:02 PM
  8. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Destin/Pensacola, FL vacation.

I took my own raft. I floated in both the ocean and the bay. I don’t use rafts in public pools because they take up so much room....

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:24 PM
  9. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Uniform/Gum Policy.

Don’t automatically assume that “but everyone else lets us” is accurate. Our kids tell us all kinds of stuff about each other, and we...

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:21 PM
  10. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Truly not sure what to do.

I teach in a Title I district, and my school has 70% free and reduced lunch. People have commented about how nice our facilities are...

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:18 PM
  11. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Impossible Situations.

How many evaluations are you supposed to have? I was observed formally three times by each person. The more observations, the better, IMO.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:46 PM
  12. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Destin/Pensacola, FL vacation.

The people I know who love Destin go there to sit on the beach and shop the outlet stores. There may be paddleboarding on the bay...

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:51 AM
  13. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Impossible Situations.

How have your evaluations been?

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:41 AM
  14. Ima Teacher replied to the thread How often are you pulled to cover during your planning period(s)?.

Here teachers aren't guaranteed a free planning period either. It makes a lot more sense to pull a sub to cover a class than to take a...

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  15. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Time to start this thread...when do you get out this year?.

Our school board meets tonight, so we should find out our last day tomorrow.

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:45 AM

Members Online Now

1. TeacherNY,
  2. Backroads
Total: 366 (members: 5, guests: 327, robots: 34)
test