Ima Teacher's Recent Activity

1. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Calling all teacher moms/pregnant teachers.

I did three long-term jobs. In the first instance, the teacher was gone for six weeks in the middle of the school year. She left me...

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM
  2. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Where does all that tax money go?.

Well, our tax money really isn't the biggest contributor. We get state money and federal (IDEA and TItle I) money that makes up most...

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:59 PM
  3. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Where does all that tax money go?.

We were told by central office that we had to get permission before putting anything up. Then the principal told us that we weren't to...

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:53 PM
  4. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Where does all that tax money go?.

Our thermostats are set for us. Air conditioner on 73. Heat on 68. We always get complaints. Some are too hot. Some are too cold....

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:31 PM
  5. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Those who have taken an unpaid leave of absence....

I have never taken a leave, but I replaced someone who was on leave. She was gone for the entire school year. When she returned, she...

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:46 PM
  6. Ima Teacher replied to the thread When the "good kid" has had enough.

I had a miserable experience in 7th grade science because I was used as a buffer between the bad kids. I'd been with the same 25 kids...

Jan 13, 2018 at 5:20 PM
  7. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Projector Setup - What is yours like?.

My first setup was 12 years ago. The SmartBoard was on a stand, and the laptop was on a cart. I spent a ridiculous amount of time...

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:07 PM
  8. Ima Teacher replied to the thread What percent of the school day do you teach?.

We get 55 minutes of planning time a day, but that also includes one day that I meet with the SED teacher, one day that we meat as a...

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:56 PM
  9. Ima Teacher replied to the thread What percent of the school day do you teach?.

I have students from 7:45 to 3:00, with my kid-free time being 11:30 to 1:00. I teach four language arts classes and two reading...

Jan 13, 2018 at 8:14 AM
  10. Ima Teacher replied to the thread FLU.

I got sick on a Friday at work, and I was out the whole next week. Glad you are feeling better. The flu was awful,

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:05 PM
  11. Ima Teacher replied to the thread FLU.

I got to the doctor within 24 hours of getting sick, and I was given Tamiflu. It was my only time ever having the flu, so I have no...

Jan 10, 2018

Members Online Now

1. TrademarkTer,
  2. miss-m,
  3. Elena3,
  4. AmyMyNamey
Total: 540 (members: 6, guests: 438, robots: 96)
test