Ima Teacher's Recent Activity

1. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

My goal is no more than 5 minutes for my bell work when it doesn’t directly connect to the lesson for the day. This year I’m trying...

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:29 PM
  2. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Tax question; marriage, student loans, dependents....

I know some divorced couples who alternate claiming the child. Not sure if your situation would be similar, or if it would be better...

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM
  3. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

We don’t have bells, so that makes a difference when teaching procedures as well. Our building runs three different schedules, so...

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:55 PM
  4. Ima Teacher replied to the thread School uniform question.

No uniforms for staff. We don’t even have a written dress code for staff, but we were told some things that are no-go for work....

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM
  5. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

These are the posters I use in my room. I go over everything, including voice levels, with them, but this is posted. Arrival....

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:41 PM
  6. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

That’s very similar to my voice level chart. We do have kids line up outside the door if we aren’t in the room. If I’m on...

Aug 12, 2018 at 5:40 PM
  7. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Women: Business Casual.

I wear shorts under my dresses and skirts I look dumpy in skirts below the knee. Must be because I have short legs. I go with top...

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:02 PM
  8. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I’m doing curriculum on the second day. Sometimes I get to the introduction of the first unit on the first day, depending on how our...

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:44 AM
  9. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Writing activity: Behavior change.

I don’t understand why that activity would cause them to treat you as a peer. I’ve done similar activities, and they are just another...

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:10 PM
  10. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Not sure if I want to work in Early Childhood Ed or Elementary Ed.

This is what we do. Everything is paid the same week. Mortgage, utilities, insurance, etc. are all automatic deductions. They’re...

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:03 PM
  11. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Meal prep.

We don’t have an Instant Pot, but we do have a pressure cooker and slow cooker. I do way more with the slow cooker. I love cooking...

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:55 PM
  12. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

Ask them to tell you what each of those things looks like in your class. That will get you started. Even with school expectations,...

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:02 PM
  13. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Teacher dress code......

Yes, sometimes. I don’t specifically go around looking at fabrics, but it is noticeable. It’s the same as noticing someone wearing...

Aug 11, 2018 at 5:33 PM
  14. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Teacher dress code......

Khaki is a color. Twill is the type of fabric most people are referring to when they say khakis. My DH has khaki dress slacks. He...

Aug 11, 2018 at 5:24 PM
  15. Ima Teacher replied to the thread Not sure if I want to work in Early Childhood Ed or Elementary Ed.

My DH gets paid twice a month, but I get paid once a month. It is all I've ever known, so I don't mine the once monthly option. Some...

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:43 PM
test