futuremathsprof's Recent Activity

1. futuremathsprof liked vickilyn's post in the thread Finances are tight and I'm a little stressed..

Upsadaisy, accept my condolences. Since none of us can see what tomorrow will bring, it is so easy to find ourselves totally unprepared...

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM
  2. futuremathsprof replied to the thread Where does all that tax money go?.

Just pointing out an observation. ;)

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:56 PM
  3. futuremathsprof replied to the thread Where does all that tax money go?.

This seems so inefficient. My school has millions in reserves ($10 million+) just for school repairs and hardware or structural...

Jan 15, 2018 at 7:56 PM
  4. futuremathsprof replied to the thread Where does all that tax money go?.

How is this even permissible in the public school system? It is dangerous for the student’s and staff member’s health and can severely...

Jan 15, 2018 at 7:27 PM
  5. futuremathsprof replied to the thread Finances are tight and I'm a little stressed..

Oh, I’m so sorry for your loss. Didn’t you pay into a Roth IRA or buy stocks or something? I’m a private high school teacher and I do both.

Jan 15, 2018 at 7:11 PM
  6. futuremathsprof liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread Cbest questions.

Calculators are not provided, no. Showing one's work is not required.

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:41 AM
  7. futuremathsprof replied to the thread Finances are tight and I'm a little stressed..

Why don’t you have a pension? Are you a public school teacher? I’m confused because they usually have at least moderately good pensions.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM
  8. futuremathsprof liked Caesar753's post in the thread "Undercover High School" show.

I hated high school, although not as much as I hated junior high, and I would never willingly go back as a student.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:03 PM
  9. futuremathsprof liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread CSET-ART.

Each subtest has 50 multiple choice questions and four constructed responses. The General Information doc for CSET Art, which is the...

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:49 PM
  10. futuremathsprof liked TeacherGroupie's post in the thread CSET-ART.

Congratulations, glassgirl! I'm delighted for you!

11. futuremathsprof liked glassgirl's post in the thread CSET-ART.

I passed both tests! Thank you TeacherGroupie, and everyone else that posted helpful advice in this thread! I am so happy, and so relieved!

12. futuremathsprof replied to the thread "Undercover High School" show.

I understand your pain miss-m. It happens to me all the time except I’m 25 and am frequently told that I look 14. The worst time was...

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:14 PM
  13. futuremathsprof liked miss-m's post in the thread "Undercover High School" show.

As a 26 year old who still passes for 16.... I regularly got stopped in high schools whenever I subbed and walked into "out of bounds"...

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:12 PM
  14. futuremathsprof liked czacza's post in the thread Political editorial to students from principal; Is this ethical?.

Ive been in pd and grad classes where the instructor has gone off on political tangents. One can feel held hostage in such cases. As a...

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:05 AM
  15. futuremathsprof liked ready2learn's post in the thread Political editorial to students from principal; Is this ethical?.

If it were in my standards, I would teach what Nazism was. I am saying that my students know that I treat them fairly and with respect...

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:04 AM

Members Online Now

1. MrsC,
  2. mrsf70,
  3. jadorelafrance,
  4. vickilyn,
  5. Kelster95
Total: 274 (members: 5, guests: 206, robots: 63)
test