catnfiddle's Recent Activity

1. catnfiddle replied to the thread Principal License, here I COME!.

Thanks, all. Throwing this to @YoungTeacherGuy and @Sarge (if he ever comes on here). What should I keep in mind as I start this...

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:02 AM
  2. catnfiddle replied to the thread Principal License, here I COME!.

My AP has already promised to mentor me. We're such a small school, it should be natural for me to take over some responsibilities,...

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:31 PM
  3. catnfiddle replied to the thread Principal License, here I COME!.

It's only three classes in my case because the M.Ed. I finished a couple of years ago at the same school covered most of the material....

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:28 PM
  4. catnfiddle replied to the thread So You Want to Be (or already are) an Online Educator?.

Those are the two major franchises for online charters. Georgia Virtual Learning School appears to be independently run by the state....

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:26 PM
  5. catnfiddle posted a new thread.

Principal License, here I COME!

Yep, I've officially applied for the Principal Licensure Only Program (what a terrible acronym) at Wright State. Any advice, especially...

Forum: General Education

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:12 PM
  6. catnfiddle replied to the thread I think I need your help now more than ever..

Sincere condolences on the loss of your fuzzy one. Pandora, the sweet face in my avatar, passed away in November of 2015 and I still...

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:13 AM
  7. catnfiddle replied to the thread Have Student with ADHD Who gets Accommodations. Do I Grade the Same?.

My suggestion would be to grade the individual assignments on their own merits and calculate his grade based on that. Don't penalize...

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:14 AM
  8. catnfiddle replied to the thread Website that takes ads out of your Youtube videos?.

There is also a Google app that allows you to download YouTube videos so you can save them and show later as mp4s without going to the site.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:10 AM
  9. catnfiddle replied to the thread Timer.

Often, a cat at the end of its life will find a quiet spot to be alone at the end. I'm so sorry if this is the case with your fuzzy one.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:17 PM
  10. catnfiddle replied to the thread Ideas for teaching Economics.

If they're seniors, I'd focus on the idea of a transition plan for how they'll manage once they're out of high school. Even if they're...

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:50 PM
  11. catnfiddle replied to the thread If a parent misses conference, how long do you wait to contact them?.

I would usually call, but the next day, mostly to make sure everything is okay.

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM
  12. catnfiddle replied to the thread Should Posts Be Graded?.

As is the case in many classrooms, posts are given written feedback rather than graded. Consider the posts here as Short Cycle...

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:57 AM
  13. catnfiddle replied to the thread Google ELA classroom.

I've used Google Docs for editing papers with my students so they can see exactly what I'm suggesting real-time. It's the best "I do,...

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:59 PM
  14. catnfiddle replied to the thread Prayers Needed Desperately.

You're in my heart. Remember that you can do any written responses in bullet points in order to save time. Keep us in the loop so we...

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:57 PM
  15. catnfiddle replied to the thread Should Posts Be Graded?.

[IMG]

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Members Online Now

Total: 436 (members: 0, guests: 342, robots: 94)
test