catnfiddle's Recent Activity

1. catnfiddle replied to the thread Any LGBT teachers?.

Please, as I have said before, we can discuss political ISSUES without discussing politics. This is such an important dialogue, so...

May 27, 2017 at 7:13 PM
  2. catnfiddle replied to the thread student attempted suicide.

I'll approach this one not as a teacher, but as a survivor of a suicide attempt when I was 15. Don't get the other students involved,...

May 27, 2017 at 6:56 PM
  3. catnfiddle replied to the thread As the End of the Year Approaches.

Um... my school is year-round. [IMG]

May 27, 2017 at 6:39 PM
  4. catnfiddle replied to the thread Assess SPED students.

MAJOR suggestion is to talk about short-cycle and formative assessments so you can scaffold and build confidence going into the...

May 27, 2017 at 6:33 PM
  5. catnfiddle replied to the thread A Scary Trend?.

Throwing out a gentle reminder that while it is okay to mention politics in general, the forum strongly discourages partisan discussion...

May 27, 2017 at 12:04 PM
  6. catnfiddle posted a new thread.

2017 CEE Conference

Is anyone from here attending this next week? It's in my home town, so I would happily show anyone around after the main sessions are...

Forum: General Education

May 26, 2017 at 1:18 PM
  7. catnfiddle replied to the thread TV Show: Teachers.

I've watched a few episodes (I don't have cable so it's sporadic). Glad it's clear this is a parody and no teacher is really that nuts.

May 25, 2017 at 8:11 PM
  8. catnfiddle replied to the thread Prayers & Good Thoughts Please... SLP Interview Tomorrow!.

Wonderful! Our contracted SLP is one of my favorite allies, so I hope you find yourself in excellent company.

May 25, 2017 at 8:10 PM
  9. catnfiddle liked Ms. I's post in the thread Prayers & Good Thoughts Please... SLP Interview Tomorrow!.

Thanks a lot guys! I got the job & will start in mid-July. Again, it's not really during school hours since it's a private practice...

May 25, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  10. catnfiddle replied to the thread Modification for ED students.

Perhaps, but I'm asking how I, as the GenEd teacher, can help her and other students who have no academic goals but who have behaviors...

May 25, 2017 at 9:23 AM
  11. catnfiddle replied to the thread Modification for ED students.

She was moved to our school in order to relieve her of much of the stress / intensity of her former school. Right now we're doing what...

May 24, 2017 at 4:21 PM
  12. catnfiddle replied to the thread How many hours of sleep do you get at night?.

A. What subject to you teach? English Language Arts B. What grade do you teach? 9-12 C. On level, honors, AP, IB, or special Ed? Credit...

May 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM
  13. catnfiddle replied to the thread Modification for ED students.

Testing is a major concern, especially after proctoring her twice. She gets so anxious about picking the correct answer that she needs...

May 24, 2017 at 1:55 PM
  14. catnfiddle liked MrsC's post in the thread As the End of the Year Approaches.

[IMG]

May 24, 2017 at 8:10 AM
  15. catnfiddle replied to the thread How to Say Goodbye.

The fact that you're both leaving AND that the principal is doing so under less than loving circumstances may alter things slightly. It...

May 24, 2017 at 8:09 AM

Members Online Now

1. Ms.Holyoke,
  2. Bellheidi,
  3. czacza,
  4. janlee,
  5. MissCeliaB,
  6. GTB4GT
Total: 464 (members: 7, guests: 355, robots: 102)
test