catnfiddle's Recent Activity

1. catnfiddle replied to the thread Bible Distribution in Public Elementary School.

The other issue is within the school walls vs. outside while on school grounds. I am SO GLAD I pulled up the legal precedent so I can...

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:21 PM
  2. catnfiddle replied to the thread Hi, I really need help please. I have been studying for my teaching degree for a year.....

I would double check online teaching applications in your state / area. Most of them in my state ask if you have been convicted of an...

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:33 PM
  3. catnfiddle replied to the thread Bible Distribution in Public Elementary School.

Let's get back to the original issue. If the school is allowing people from outside of the school to come into the school DURING...

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:32 PM
  4. catnfiddle replied to the thread Hi, I really need help please. I have been studying for my teaching degree for a year.....

:welcome::atoz_love: I am NOT a legal expert, but if charges were dropped in each case, you should be okay. I would strongly suggest...

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:40 PM
  5. catnfiddle replied to the thread Let's talk school shootings.

I'll just leave this here since we need a slight comedy relief... mixed with some truth from the great sage Robin Williams. [MEDIA]

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:33 PM
  6. catnfiddle replied to the thread Bible Distribution in Public Elementary School.

Threads like this make me SO GLAD I still have my School Law textbook. The closest case I could find was Schanou v. Lancaster County...

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:30 PM
  7. catnfiddle liked Caesar753's post in the thread Bible Distribution in Public Elementary School.

[IMG]

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:16 PM
  8. catnfiddle replied to the thread Giving up.

I work with a VERY similar roster of students. Do you have the ability to pre-assess your students based on their current ability? I...

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:55 AM
  9. catnfiddle replied to the thread How do you know if you're cut out for this?.

First of all, :welcome::atoz_love:! If you are here, asking questions, you care enough to become the best teacher you can be. I...

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:20 PM
  10. catnfiddle replied to the thread Principal walkthrough when I had a sub.

If he asks you to sign an evaluation that's based on the behavior of the classroom and not on the content of your lesson plans left for...

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM
  11. catnfiddle replied to the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

It's a choice I struggle with. I will do everything I can to get them into school. I won't let them cut corners on their testing and...

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:05 PM
  12. catnfiddle replied to the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

I have to bear in mind that many of my kiddos have a state of implied helplessness because they've failed at least a couple of classes...

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:37 PM
  13. catnfiddle replied to the thread Bible Distribution in Public Elementary School.

My only suggestion would be to approach this as a parent of an enrolled student, NOT as an employee of the school.

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:52 PM

Members Online Now

1. MrsC,
  2. futuremathsprof,
  3. Missy,
  4. mrsf70,
  5. Kelster95,
  6. VATeacher
Total: 410 (members: 6, guests: 313, robots: 91)
test