Caesar753's Recent Activity

1. Caesar753 liked carolinafan's post in the thread High School to Middle School.

I currently teach middle school, and I'll echo what Linguist said. Have a procedure for everything. Be prepared for a lot more hand...

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:07 PM
  2. Caesar753 liked Backroads's post in the thread CPS concern and question.

Here's the thing: You're not the kid suffering with the psychological illness. I have relative who almost sued his parents once he...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:17 AM
  3. Caesar753 liked mathteachertobe's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I guess my issue is the sense I have that the OP is trying to establish hierarchical dominance in a system that already confers to them...

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  4. Caesar753 replied to the thread CPS concern and question.

While you may not have met or worked with them, there are some children who have very severe neurological and behavioral conditions and...

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:56 AM
  5. Caesar753 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I think that it's fair to ask to be called whatever you like to be called. I also think that it's fair to correct someone once when...

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM
  6. Caesar753 liked otterpop's post in the thread New Mexico Sick Time used against teachers in Evaluation.

I think that's how it should be everywhere. If you're going to give the days, what does it matter what they're for? A day off is a day...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 AM
  7. Caesar753 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

This post is making me side-eye all your other posts, OP. I'm starting to wonder if all the other problems you've been facing at your...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:21 AM
  8. Caesar753 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

Nah, the original post references 10th and 12th graders.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:20 AM
  9. Caesar753 liked Rockguykev's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

Don't use others to justify your position. My mom is a mayor of a city of over 100,000 people and has never once insisted that anyone...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:19 AM
  10. Caesar753 liked vickilyn's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

Sorry, but I still feel you are making mountains out of molehills, but it is your life.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:17 AM
  11. Caesar753 replied to the thread Route 66 Backwards.

There is almost nothing in Barstow except Barstow Station, which is pretty much just a McDonalds with some train cars attached to the front.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM
  12. Caesar753 replied to the thread CPS concern and question.

That's probably a good question to ask CPS when you call them. The answer might depend on a number of factors, so it may not be as...

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:55 PM
  13. Caesar753 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I also feel like I have to add this: How crazy is it that the thing that's most upsetting here is that students don't call the teacher...

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:53 PM
  14. Caesar753 replied to the thread Subbing a Half Day.

No. In my district if you work more than half the day, you get paid for the full day. I should add that hours vary by school site in...

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:44 PM
  15. Caesar753 replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

What it comes down to is this: you can't control what other people do and don't do. Focus on the stuff that you can control, and let go...

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM
test