blazer's Recent Activity

1. blazer replied to the thread Toys R Us and Carson’s are closing!!.

Pick n mix? :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:52 AM
  2. blazer replied to the thread Toys R Us and Carson’s are closing!!.

No after anything in particular but having a Woolies on every High Street was a feature of so many places in the UK. It made a place...

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:49 AM
  3. blazer replied to the thread Toys R Us and Carson’s are closing!!.

The other store Mrs B would spend my money in is Kohls. Is that still going?

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:17 AM
  4. blazer replied to the thread Toys R Us and Carson’s are closing!!.

Woolies closed in the UK about 7 years ago. However I have just booked to go to Australia in 2019 and they are still going over there!

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:03 PM
  5. blazer replied to the thread Toys R Us and Carson’s are closing!!.

Mrs B is in tears. When we visit the US she spends a fortune in Carsons, Macys and Nordstrom! Perhaps I can steer her towards Target in...

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:53 AM
  6. blazer liked catnfiddle's post in the thread Favorite Teacher Movie.

To Sir with Love is stupendous. Same with Up the Down Staircase, but I prefer the book.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:45 PM
  7. blazer replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

The point is a) To get rid of expensive teachers b) To fail schools so that they can be forced to become Academies (Charters) to make...

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM
  8. blazer replied to the thread Favorite Teacher Movie.

May not have made it to your side of the pond but the Nativity series of films are very funny. They are all set in the City of Coventry...

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:30 AM
  9. blazer replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

Then add onto that an inspection regime (We call ours OFSTED) who turn up at the school, look at the data and then trash the school...

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:31 AM
  10. blazer replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

Colleagues who have visited Chinese schools tell me that for many it is classes of 200 with standard lessons, the same for all with no...

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:33 AM
  11. blazer liked rpan's post in the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

We have the Australian Curriculum where public schools in most states teach the same curriculum. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad...

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:32 AM
  12. blazer replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

I had no problem with the National Curriculum when it was introduced in the early 90s. As you say it should give a standardised...

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:31 AM
  13. blazer replied to the thread Favorite Teacher Movie.

Goodbye Mr Chips, the 1930s version with Robert Donat To Sir with love with Sydney Poitier and Lulu Carry on Teacher In fact any movie...

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM
  14. blazer replied to the thread If you teach in a country outside the US....

In the UK teachers are constantly beaten about our poor Pisa scores. Yet we know that, like you, our schools have to take everyone...

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  15. blazer replied to the thread Move to Arizona.

Oatman is very nice. Kingman not so much.

Apr 17, 2018

Members Online Now

1. ally06,
  2. MissScrimmage,
  3. jadorelafrance,
  4. blazer,
  5. MrsC,
  6. K1teach,
  7. Camel13,
  8. mrsf70
Total: 359 (members: 9, guests: 248, robots: 102)
test