bella84's Recent Activity

1. bella84 liked physteach's post in the thread Anyone do official modeling in science?.

My entire curriculum is based on creating models through experiments and argumentation so yes.

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:23 AM
  2. bella84 replied to the thread School uniform question.

I like dress codes for students and staff. I'm not a fan of uniforms for either.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:10 PM
  3. bella84 liked waterfall's post in the thread School uniform question.

I previously worked at an inner city public school that had uniforms. The idea was that it was supposedly actually cheaper for parents...

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:10 PM
  4. bella84 replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I wouldn’t think so, but feel free to modify it (leave out the color or change the wording), if you are worried about it.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:34 PM
  5. bella84 liked TrademarkTer's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

And plus if they aren't allowed to talk once they enter, they won't enter until the very last second so they can do all the talking out...

Aug 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM
  6. bella84 attached a file to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

[ATTACH] This is more or less the voice level chart that I have in my classroom.

upload_2018-8-12_17-3-14.jpeg Aug 12, 2018 at 5:03 PM
  7. bella84 replied to the thread Women: Business Casual.

I shop at Loft, too - mostly because they have a good petite section. That said, my school is pretty casual, so I don’t shop at Loft as...

Aug 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM
  8. bella84 liked dgpiaffeteach's post in the thread Women: Business Casual.

I like Loft a lot. I shop at the outlet mostly and especially when they have good sales.

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM
  9. bella84 liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Women: Business Casual.

I wear shorts under my dresses and skirts I look dumpy in skirts below the knee. Must be because I have short legs. I go with top...

10. bella84 liked otterpop's post in the thread Women: Business Casual.

My rule for myself is no skirts or dresses above knee length at work. There are plenty of nice looking dresses shorter than that that...

11. bella84 liked vickilyn's post in the thread Resigned from a job -- when asked why I left previous job, what do I say?.

OP, I slept on this and would slightly change my advice. The not being reappointed question is not the same as resigning to avoid...

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM
  12. bella84 replied to the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

Agreed. I think it’s important to give them opportunities to get the talking out of their system. As adults, we usually talk when we...

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:56 PM
  13. bella84 liked a2z's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I'm going to be the odd man out here. I think expecting kids to come in quietly or silently is a bit much. They usually don't have...

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:53 PM
  14. bella84 liked heatherberm's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I would second using numbered voice levels as opposed to something as general as "quiet." Some kids genuinely don't realize how loud...

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM
  15. bella84 liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Feedback on my classroom rules and procedures.

I’m doing curriculum on the second day. Sometimes I get to the introduction of the first unit on the first day, depending on how our...

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:51 PM

Members Online Now

1. Ms.Holyoke,
  2. ssgirl11,
  3. Kelster95,
  4. TrademarkTer,
  5. Caesar753,
  6. dr.gator,
  7. shoreline02,
  8. jadorelafrance,
  9. blazer
Total: 584 (members: 11, guests: 466, robots: 107)
test