bella84's Recent Activity

1. bella84 replied to the thread I’ve been teaching for 12 years and I still struggle with this....

This is what I do if someone is actually hurt. But I usually don’t want to drag it out as long as an investigation takes, if I don’t...

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:24 PM
  2. bella84 liked czacza's post in the thread Demo lesson ideas feedback.

I wouldn’t do doodle notes. Or just a game. Teach or review something linked to the standards..maybe something in geometry or...

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:14 PM
  3. bella84 replied to the thread summer paperwork.

Nope. Around here, if it doesn’t get done before summer break, it doesn’t happen until August, unless an administrator takes care of it.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:09 PM
  4. bella84 liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Was this a good advice on my part?.

I don't think she should worry a whole lot. worst case scenario, the kid is put into regular math class, and in a couple of weeks' time...

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM
  5. bella84 liked RainStorm's post in the thread Demo lesson ideas feedback.

I wouldn't do Doodle Notes. As with any lesson, start with the state standards for that grade level and choose something that is part...

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:28 PM
  6. bella84 replied to the thread Demo lesson ideas feedback.

I think you need an actual lesson, but your lesson could include a game.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:00 PM
  7. bella84 replied to the thread I’ve been teaching for 12 years and I still struggle with this....

I move past the incident (so long as no one is severely injured). I then have the students engage in a peace talk using I-statements. I...

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  8. bella84 liked joealee's post in the thread second interview for teaching job.

I got the job! The official job offer was made by the head HR person for the district. Like I mentioned I had interviewed 2 weeks ago,...

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:36 PM
  9. bella84 replied to the thread Demo lesson ideas feedback.

I wouldn't do anything with food as a demo lesson. You don't know the allergies or intolerances of the students, nor do you know the...

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:16 PM
  10. bella84 liked a2z's post in the thread letter sent to our families.

This probably won't be the last time you disagree with others about educational approaches. If approached, I would just say that it...

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:06 PM
  11. bella84 liked ssgirl11's post in the thread Classroom Preparation.

I LOVE this idea, and the pictures you shared. Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting it to be so aesthetically pleasing :) It's simple,...

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:03 PM
  12. bella84 replied to the thread Do you accept every interview invite?.

I agree with you there. That said, I imagine it has something to do with district policies that teachers can be moved into positions for...

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:38 AM
  13. bella84 replied to the thread Was this a good advice on my part?.

We call it "accelerated" math at my elementary school.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:26 AM
  14. bella84 liked 2ndTimeAround's post in the thread Does your school take student requests for particular teachers?.

Other that assisting with PD and giving advice when asked, there is nothing I can do. I'm not an administrator. It does not take a...

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:24 AM
  15. bella84 replied to the thread Do you accept every interview invite?.

Oh yeah, there's definitely a difference. In our district though, 3rd-6th aren't as different as second or seventh would be from any of...

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Members Online Now

1. Pi-R-Squared,
  2. waterfall
Total: 310 (members: 4, guests: 204, robots: 102)
test