bella84's Recent Activity

1. bella84 replied to the thread Teammate Gift.

The best gift I've received from teammates when they've left was a nice handwritten card with genuine thoughts of gratitude.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:13 PM
  2. bella84 replied to the thread Time to start this thread...when do you get out this year?.

We just finished state testing today and have 20 days left with students. Four days for teachers only after that.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:08 PM
  3. bella84 liked mathmagic's post in the thread read aloud time.

While I'm not in 1st, without a doubt you should have a time where you are reading aloud. And at that age, I'd suggest perhaps doing a...

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:06 PM
  4. bella84 liked Ima Teacher's post in the thread Applying to a school again that I was rejected at?.

We have had multiple teachers apply to our school more than once. We have hired several of them. Sometimes one job is a better fit...

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:05 PM
  5. bella84 replied to the thread How do you know when it's time to move on from your current post?.

I'm transferring to another building in my district this year. It's a small district, though. We only have one building per level, so...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:46 PM
  6. bella84 liked vickilyn's post in the thread Applying for jobs just in case.......

I agree that OP does seem to assume the worst instead of believing that he has no reason to fear job-hunting will be necessary. That...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:40 PM
  7. bella84 replied to the thread Restorative Discipline.

We do it in my district. It's a lot like waterfall described. I haven't written an office referral since we started it. I just email the...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:38 PM
  8. bella84 liked waterfall's post in the thread Restorative Discipline.

We have used it for years. Previous admin bought into it 100% and did not have any real discipline of any kind. Like anything else, it...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:35 PM
  9. bella84 liked Preschool0929's post in the thread RTI for a student already on an IEP....

Is the area being targeted in RTI different than the areas they receive services for through their iep?

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:31 PM
  10. bella84 liked agdamity's post in the thread Frustrations.

The meetings are still part of your contracted duties until your last day. Go to them with a smile.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:26 PM
  11. bella84 liked TrademarkTer's post in the thread Applying for jobs just in case.......

STOP. This type of post comes up from you seemingly every year. Just go about your business, and stop obsessing about it. I don't mean...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:25 PM
  12. bella84 liked catnfiddle's post in the thread Job Dilemma.

You made the right call for you, and your thoughtfulness on it is admirable. There WILL be other offers.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:24 PM
  13. bella84 liked LouiseB's post in the thread Job Dilemma.

Do what seems right for you. You are the one that knows what your head and heart say.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:23 PM
  14. bella84 liked FourSquare's post in the thread Job Dilemma.

Take the job!!! Kids are crazy everywhere. Might as well deal with that somewhere with a huge raise and shorter commute.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:22 PM
  15. bella84 liked swansong1's post in the thread Job Dilemma.

As a newer teacher, I can understand why you are hesitating because of behavior. As an experienced teacher, I can tell you that you are...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Members Online Now

1. rpan,
  2. futuremathsprof
Total: 168 (members: 7, guests: 123, robots: 38)
test