Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked mathmagic's post in the thread Home reading minutes: To track or not to track?.

I agree - some kids, with those rules/structure/specific requirements, would find themselves jumping up to that amount. That's always...

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
  2. Backroads liked agdamity's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Futuremathprof, you seem determined to be "right" here. Unfortunately, this discussion has no "right" answer. Statistics are great, but...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:29 PM
  3. Backroads replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

But you're also telling us to buy houses and support families with incomes we don't have that happen to be statistical.

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  4. Backroads replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I'd also say average wages mean nothing to the employee who isn't earning them. Stop telling me to earn the average salary I'm not...

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:02 PM
  5. Backroads liked a2z's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

That is false. A social worker will make much less than many electricians. A person in sales csn make a bundle. A restaurant owner...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  6. Backroads liked bella84's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Okay... but... What makes you an expert on the cost of living in Arizona (or any other state)? How do know what is enough to get by on...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  7. Backroads liked bella84's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I don't agree with what futuremathsprof is saying, but I don't agree with this either. I don't think it's an issue of union or nonunion....

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:58 AM
  8. Backroads replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I dislike the comparison of average worker. It means nothing. Too many nuances in fields and markets. I will never make anywhere neat 6...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:57 AM
  9. Backroads liked agdamity's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

It's really hard to do salary comparisons for any field and the "average" worker. Any job that requires a college degree will pay more...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  10. Backroads liked bella84's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I'm just going to say that it's completely dependent on the state and district in which you work. Many schools have a much lower...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  11. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Yes, teachers may leave the field but so do many other workers from different professions. Do you realize how many private sector...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:32 AM
  12. Backroads liked a2z's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

It really boils down to people knowing between salary, benefits, and time off teachers do better than the average worker. So when they...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:23 AM
  13. Backroads replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Sure, but none of this changes the fact that my state had a problem with teachers going into other fields with different benefits that...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:23 AM
  14. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

Backroads, I agree with a lot of what you said, but let me try to explain why some non-teachers feel this way. (BTW, I am a teacher...

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:20 AM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread A small rant about the weirdness of people's perspective of teaching.

I pay loans with children's souls... Teaching in Utah? It's pretty good. Myself and my fellow teachers seem to like it, anyway....

Aug 20, 2017 at 11:01 AM
test