Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads replied to the thread Girls' Formal Dresses.

I would suggest looking up a local boutique.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:05 PM
  2. Backroads replied to the thread CPS concern and question.

Here's the thing: You're not the kid suffering with the psychological illness. I have relative who almost sued his parents once he...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:12 AM
  3. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread CPS concern and question.

While you may not have met or worked with them, there are some children who have very severe neurological and behavioral conditions and...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM
  4. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I think that it's fair to ask to be called whatever you like to be called. I also think that it's fair to correct someone once when...

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:58 AM
  5. Backroads liked GTB4GT's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I find this thread to extremely interesting. Maybe it is a function of my age, but I find it very telling that most find it OK for the...

6. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

This post is making me side-eye all your other posts, OP. I'm starting to wonder if all the other problems you've been facing at your...

7. Backroads replied to the thread New Mexico Sick Time used against teachers in Evaluation.

You mean you don't differentiate your sub plans between illnesses, surgeries, jury duty, weddings, Comic-Con, etc.? You're wasting the...

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  8. Backroads liked otterpop's post in the thread New Mexico Sick Time used against teachers in Evaluation.

I think that's how it should be everywhere. If you're going to give the days, what does it matter what they're for? A day off is a day...

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:56 AM
  9. Backroads liked mathmagic's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

As a kid, I never knew that Ph.D. holding people were called Dr. Nor was I privy to the education of my teachers. Furthermore, I don't...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:08 AM
  10. Backroads liked vickilyn's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

Sorry, but I still feel you are making mountains out of molehills, but it is your life.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:08 AM
  11. Backroads replied to the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

Musings: I get it. You did the work, you earned the title. When my brother was in elementary school, his teacher had his doctorate. He...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:05 AM
  12. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

What it comes down to is this: you can't control what other people do and don't do. Focus on the stuff that you can control, and let go...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:02 AM
  13. Backroads liked Jerry Dill's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

I don't think it's elitist at all and I think it's anti-intellectual and unrealistic to look at this as elitist. It's a form of...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:02 AM
  14. Backroads liked rpan's post in the thread Have a PhD, but students refuse to call me Dr. even when I tell them to do so.

You have shown your hand by letting the students know that this is a button for you and if students know what your buttons are, they are...

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:55 AM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread New Mexico Sick Time used against teachers in Evaluation.

I really do see Paid Time Off/Sick Leave as part of the compensation package.

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Members Online Now

1. rpan
Total: 357 (members: 1, guests: 253, robots: 103)
test