Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked tchr4vr's post in the thread Does anyone have administrators that micromanage what you do in the classroom?.

I get what the OP is saying. Yes, we should teach bell to bell, but if you need to have a lab cleaned up, that should not count against...

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:53 AM
  2. Backroads liked Kippers's post in the thread PBIS positives? Negatives?.

I teach elementary special education. I think it's all about the implementation. The concept is Fabulous. The Boys Town model can be...

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:49 AM
  3. Backroads replied to the thread Does anyone have administrators that micromanage what you do in the classroom?.

I think I get what she's getting at a little. Things I think are important and proper to a school: Minimal wasted time. Accurate data...

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:47 AM
  4. Backroads liked greendream's post in the thread Does anyone have administrators that micromanage what you do in the classroom?.

Good! As a parent, it drives me nuts that there are all these throwaway days where my kids are in school. Some districts I have lived...

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:27 AM
  5. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread Truly not sure what to do.

What do you make right now and what did the private schools offer? You should try negotiating if you feel their offers are too low....

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:54 AM
  6. Backroads liked readingrules12's post in the thread Truly not sure what to do.

This is one of those decisions that if 10 teachers did it, some would find it worth it and some not. I think it is highly personal....

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:54 AM
  7. Backroads liked yoyoyo's post in the thread Truly not sure what to do.

Thanks for the advice, all. I crunched the numbers. The moving expenses eat up the raise, and possibly also me having to buy COBRA...

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:53 AM
  8. Backroads liked swansong1's post in the thread Truly not sure what to do.

Unless the OP plans to bring only what can fit in a car for the move, the moving expenses would eat up that raise.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:53 AM
  9. Backroads liked Unetheladyteacher's post in the thread Truly not sure what to do.

If you are not excited about the new job, I think that says it all. I have spent about 75% of my so far short career in schools with...

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:52 AM
  10. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread Truly not sure what to do.

I disagree that you should stay if you are comfortable. If you aspire to ever own a home or retire with dignity, then you need to put...

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:52 AM
  11. Backroads replied to the thread Getting calls from work on days off/school breaks.

May I also add that I am arguable unemployed during the summer. If you expect me to be so involved, pay me.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:47 AM
  12. Backroads liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Getting calls from work on days off/school breaks.

I'm the same way. Since I get so many spam calls anyway, it's easy to just not care about answer my phone. My theory is that if it's an...

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:46 AM
  13. Backroads replied to the thread Getting calls from work on days off/school breaks.

I prefer email. Frankly, if you're calling me during that off-time, it had better be pretty important. I don't have email notification...

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:44 AM
  14. Backroads replied to the thread Truly not sure what to do.

If it's not an immediate need, I might say stay where you're comfortable.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:13 PM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread Truly not sure what to do.

As for this job leading to other jobs, I don't know. I think it's definitely easier to move about when you have your foot in a given...

Mar 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Members Online Now

1. TeacherNY,
  2. Backroads
Total: 367 (members: 5, guests: 329, robots: 33)
test