Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked a2z's post in the thread student grouping.

I could make a class or culture argument for so many of the SAT questions or readings. It is true that many in poverty don't have a...

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM
  2. Backroads liked AlwaysAttend's post in the thread Do you let children go to the bathroom in class time?.

Wouldn't independence mean they don't ask, they just go when necessary? What is independent about holding it in until a predetermined time.

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:48 PM
  3. Backroads replied to the thread student grouping.

Why have standardized tests if we can't even come up with reasonable national vocabulary for them?

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:48 PM
  4. Backroads liked txmomteacher2's post in the thread Fancy new-fangled modern online PTC sign-ups.

I did online sign up this year. It was the easiest year for sign ups ever. I just posted the link on my classdojo and everyone but one...

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM
  5. Backroads liked Tyler B.'s post in the thread student grouping.

I frequently group my high flyers together on projects. If they already know the content, or can learn it quickly, any student can go...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM
  6. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread student grouping.

http://mobile.edweek.org/c.jsp?cid=25919701&bcid=25919701&rssid=25919691&item=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.edweek.org%2Fv1%2Ftm%2F%3Fuuid%3D1A7DF4D0-...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:43 AM
  7. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread student grouping.

What this says to me is that high-achievers placed in groups with low-achievers may not work as hard because they believe that the...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM
  8. Backroads liked gr3teacher's post in the thread student grouping.

I have spent the past six years as a gifted teacher. I did my masters thesis on gifted ed. I have a state endorsement on gifted ed. I...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM
  9. Backroads replied to the thread student grouping.

So... if a tracked system is working superbly but we want to switch to a diferent system, how do we avoid student achieved dropping in...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:41 AM
  10. Backroads liked WarriorPrncss's post in the thread student grouping.

One of the Kagan things I liked was the grouping-- in a team of 4--- high, medium high, medium low, low. This way, working in pairs you...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM
  11. Backroads liked futuremathsprof's post in the thread student grouping.

You are welcome to your opinion. However, I care about ALL my students, in spite of what you think. There is a mountain load of evidence...

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM
  12. Backroads liked Been There's post in the thread I've chosen to resign this week. Need some help..

Before you resign, I would you suggest you exhaust all other available options. Your union membership should entitle you to receive...

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:48 AM
  13. Backroads liked heatherberm's post in the thread Small Group or Whole Class?.

I'm also a special ed teacher, usually teaching kids who are at least a couple of years below grade level, and this is exactly what I do...

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:45 AM
  14. Backroads liked FourSquare's post in the thread Small Group or Whole Class?.

I'm a sped teacher. I'm always teaching kids 2-3 grade levels below where they should be...or more! What I do is teach very brief mini...

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread Small Group or Whole Class?.

I'm currently blindly feeling my way through a split situation of small groups. I have a majority of my class missing key concepts, but...

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Members Online Now

Total: 560 (members: 0, guests: 422, robots: 138)
test