Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads replied to the thread Making the news in the UK.

Husband (who is only 32) grew up in Middle of Nowhere. He attended a 3-room school house up until high school age. The kids always had...

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:08 PM
  2. Backroads liked SpecialPreskoo's post in the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

I haven't read the other replies yet but... 1. She cannot dictate which teacher 2. The school can say they are offering her services at...

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:16 PM
  3. Backroads liked teacherintexas's post in the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

It might be cheaper in the long run for the school district to "train" the mom to handle her own child.

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:02 PM
  4. Backroads liked vickilyn's post in the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

What I don't understand is why there is no extended school year being offered, staffed by those teachers who want to work in the summer....

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:34 PM
  5. Backroads liked otterpop's post in the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

No way would I agree to something like that. As a teacher, I'd respect a district for offering me the choice to make some extra money...

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:32 PM
  6. Backroads replied to the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

How in the world can they make her agree? Is it honestly part of her contract to be available during the summer? Why can't they just...

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:39 PM
  7. Backroads liked bella84's post in the thread special needs demands and impact on teachers.

No way I would have agreed to that... unless they were to pay me REALLY well. This is all crazy. I fully support parents suing when...

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:37 PM
  8. Backroads liked kellzy's post in the thread What Will You do to Prepare for the Fall?.

I'm solar powered. I will spend a lot of time recharging my batteries in the sun. In other news, I had a chance to visit with my p last...

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM
  9. Backroads liked 2ndTimeAround's post in the thread Making the news in the UK.

Kids were taking their guns to school when I was a teen. Never an issue. Except when the boys would cut class to go hunting. Suburban...

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:00 AM
  10. Backroads replied to the thread Making the news in the UK.

I see where you're going with that, and I'm certain many communities could figure out options. But if a certain community finds X to be...

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:26 AM
  11. Backroads liked Obadiah's post in the thread Making the news in the UK.

Yes, that is true. I was just thinking examples of possibilities that might not apply to all communities. Concerning businesses who...

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM
  12. Backroads liked carolinafan's post in the thread Making the news in the UK.

I do agree that things like video games or movies could be playing a part in desensitizing kids to things that should be reprehensible...

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM
  13. Backroads liked Leaborb192's post in the thread New buzzwords? New books?.

The Book Whisperer, by Donalyn Miller? I loved her book even though it seemed very ''pie in the sky'' but I can totally see it being...

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM
  14. Backroads replied to the thread Making the news in the UK.

I don't think anyone is saying the gun is the ultimate source, but this new philosophy of get rid of all guns is a marginalizing, narrow...

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:26 PM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread Making the news in the UK.

So is it wrong to seek responsibility and self-reliance these days?

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:18 PM
test