Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked Jerry Dill's post in the thread Moody Teenagers.

I have a few students like this, but not all. I try to count my blessings that I have some good, motivated, smart students. Even the...

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:52 PM
  2. Backroads liked catnfiddle's post in the thread So You Want to Be (or already are) an Online Educator?.

Terrific! My biggest suggestion is to ask a lot of questions at your interview. Ask them about their Learning Management System...

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:36 PM
  3. Backroads replied to the thread So You Want to Be (or already are) an Online Educator?.

I... put in an application. Here's for luck.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:18 PM
  4. Backroads liked Linguist92021's post in the thread I love teaching in an inner-city school.

We get kids locked up all the time, then they return to us. So it can be that a student was in my class for 3 months, then in juvenile...

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:58 AM
  5. Backroads liked catnfiddle's post in the thread I love teaching in an inner-city school.

Whoa, that sounds terrifying! How did your students handle that one? Were they annoyed, freaked out, or business as usual? Haven't...

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:56 AM
  6. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread I love teaching in an inner-city school.

Been there, done that. Hang in there!

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:45 PM
  7. Backroads posted a new thread.

I love teaching in an inner-city school

I was enjoying my lunch only to have the TAs announce it was indoor recess from here on out because of a S.W.A.T. team at the next door...

Forum: General Education

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:36 PM
  8. Backroads liked MLB711's post in the thread Too harsh a punishment?.

I would have made them at least begin cleaning up before going to lunch, especially if I knew they did it on purpose. I think it is...

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM
  9. Backroads replied to the thread Too harsh a punishment?.

They would have gotten to eat by noon, just not with the rest of the class.

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:23 PM
  10. Backroads replied to the thread Worst Thing You've Found (or found missing) After You had a Sub?.

Hah! Funnily enough, I do inform subs of my secret candy stash. All I had left from a sub was a fork and a can opener. Though...

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:40 PM
  11. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread Worst Thing You've Found (or found missing) After You had a Sub?.

[IMG] For me, it was a huge hole in the ceiling, visible sky.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:39 PM
  12. Backroads liked anon55's post in the thread Worst Thing You've Found (or found missing) After You had a Sub?.

I'll start: I found a used tampon on the floor, which a few girls thought was hilarious. I have a friend who finds penises drawn on the...

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:38 PM
  13. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread Being Cussed at By a Student.

On a personal level, I absolutely believe in the value of birth control and think that it should be promoted as part of a comprehensive,...

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:51 PM
  14. Backroads liked FourSquare's post in the thread Being Cussed at By a Student.

I'd spend that money on quality food services, social workers, mentoring programs, tutoring, and healthcare for families. I just don't...

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:27 PM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread Being Cussed at By a Student.

I remember, years ago now, a letter to the editor in our paper coming from a parent who was for all intents and purposes basically...

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Members Online Now

1. gr3teacher,
  2. MrsC
Total: 381 (members: 4, guests: 242, robots: 135)
test