Backroads's Recent Activity

1. Backroads liked Peregrin5's post in the thread No essay -> no passing my class.

:clapping: I think kids are getting away with a lot and passing classes by doing far too little lately. I think it's time that we...

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:13 PM
  2. Backroads replied to the thread No essay -> no passing my class.

I say rock on!

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM
  3. Backroads liked Linguist92021's post in the thread No essay -> no passing my class.

Has anyone done this? My students were writing a compare / contrast essay (2 civil rights activists). I have spent the time teaching...

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM
  4. Backroads replied to the thread Help: Junior Class with no sense of Responsibility.

I second this. Yes, it's incredibly sad and definitely in the hand-holding realm to have to prove that you made all reasonable effort to...

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:01 AM
  5. Backroads liked vickilyn's post in the thread Help: Junior Class with no sense of Responsibility.

Not the advice you are wanting, but it must be emphasized that you need to document all efforts, parental contact, incomplete...

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  6. Backroads liked Mr Magoo's post in the thread Undocumented students.

When someone breaks the law - gets arrested for something like shoplifting or burglary for example. That is who (If they are illegal )...

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:44 PM
  7. Backroads liked waterfall's post in the thread Undocumented students.

Right, that's what I said...that's what FAPE is. The point is that sending kids to school isn't increasing the likelihood that they'll...

8. Backroads liked waterfall's post in the thread Undocumented students.

My superintendent said there is a supreme court case, Plyer V. Doe, that says schools aren't allowed to deny students FAPE based on...

9. Backroads liked swansong1's post in the thread 5th Grade Science RTI.

I have done science RTI. It focused mostly on learning the vocabulary and concepts needed to pass the "test". I was not excited about...

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM
  10. Backroads liked Caesar753's post in the thread Oj Simpson Lesson!.

Can you clarify your comment about censorship? I think that teaching about the Holocaust is very different from teaching about the OJ...

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:36 AM
  11. Backroads liked Peregrin5's post in the thread Oj Simpson Lesson!.

Btw, from what I remember you teach 8th grade. This is definitely not appropriate subject matter for this age group unless you...

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:35 AM
  12. Backroads liked Leaborb192's post in the thread Oj Simpson Lesson!.

Debate? Hold your own mock trial after looking at all the evidence and see where the prosecution went wrong. You could also assign the...

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM
  13. Backroads liked czacza's post in the thread Oj Simpson Lesson!.

And I'd still caution that the OP use prudence and caution in choosing his subject matter.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM
  14. Backroads liked Pashtun's post in the thread Undocumented students.

I am not concerned tha immigration will show up at the school, however I think it is possible with what I have seen so far. What I am...

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:23 AM
  15. Backroads replied to the thread Undocumented students.

I'm not worried. Our admin has too made it clear all students are welcome, we are in Utah where the rather dominate LDS church has...

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:29 AM
test