AlwaysAttend's Recent Activity

1. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

I’m not against tenure in theory, I’m against bad teachers being allowed to teach kids because it’s too hard and costly to remove them....

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:16 PM
  2. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Attitudes Towards Foreign Teachers.

Some dehydrated people might turn down a glass of water because it wasn’t the right temperature. I wouldn’t listen to everyone who...

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:09 AM
  3. AlwaysAttend liked Leaborb192's post in the thread I want to quit teaching for good ... advice please!.

:thumbs: This is why I'm getting multiple certs. I love teaching but want mobility within the field itself. There's no way in hell I'd...

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:04 AM
  4. AlwaysAttend liked Backroads's post in the thread I want to quit teaching for good ... advice please!.

I'm beyond burnt out at this school. I am bogged down by far more students with issues than I've ever had to deal with (I hope that...

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:04 AM
  5. AlwaysAttend liked Ms.Holyoke's post in the thread Student Teaching: Co-teaching model?.

^ That was me as well!!

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:57 AM
  6. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Job on the line.

When you can tell it’s an ESL issue, I don’t think it’s necessary to call someone out over it. You can understand what they mean.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:56 AM
  7. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Looking for a used Teacher edition book.

I’ve had my best luck buying used teachers’s editions on Amazon.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:51 AM
  8. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

So when Amy talks about stagnant wages in Indiana, where they don’t have tenure, why haven’t wages across the state exploded to get...

Jan 20, 2018 at 7:41 AM
  9. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

That’s absolutely not true.

Jan 20, 2018 at 7:03 AM
  10. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

I could have learned that if tenure didn’t exist, teacher salaries would explode like superintendent salaries? Yea, totally missed out...

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:17 AM
  11. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

Ignore reality when you disagree. Check. I think I deserve a million dollars. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen. I’m not going to go into...

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:16 AM
  12. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

I actually meant to quote anon. I skimmed your blogs and dismissed them quickly.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:07 PM
  13. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

Did you read what YoungTeacherGuy wrote? He’s a VP in California I believe.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:50 PM
  14. AlwaysAttend liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread Tenure in California.

Where'd you get the info about teachers needing to get written up 3 times before getting dismissed? If only it were that easy! It...

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:49 PM
  15. AlwaysAttend replied to the thread Tenure in California.

It also costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to get rid of a tenured teacher in most cases. That is usually why they don’t bother....

Jan 19, 2018 at 5:20 AM

Members Online Now

1. jadorelafrance,
  2. vickilyn,
  3. Hokiegrad1993,
  4. Missy,
  5. miss-m
Total: 472 (members: 5, guests: 404, robots: 63)
test