Aces's Recent Activity

1. Aces replied to the thread What would it take to legally establish teacher unions in states where they are currently banned?.

Aren't they striking in/around Nash county on May 1st? Didn't they close schools for it?

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:36 AM
  2. Aces liked TrademarkTer's post in the thread Applying for jobs just in case.......

STOP. This type of post comes up from you seemingly every year. Just go about your business, and stop obsessing about it. I don't mean...

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:08 PM
  3. Aces replied to the thread Frustrations.

I mean. There's like 7ish more meetings. I think you're right. And honestly? There's only three things I'm worried about: 1)...

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:46 PM
  4. Aces replied to the thread Frustrations.

Yes— was told yes.

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:29 PM
  5. Aces liked TrademarkTer's post in the thread Frustrations.

Did you ask if you had to attend the meetings?

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:29 PM
  6. Aces replied to the thread Frustrations.

But still, I don't see the point in being forced to attend the meetings about those things that are happening after May 17th. Aside...

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:18 PM
  7. Aces replied to the thread Frustrations.

Not things after, the staff meetings before May 17th regarding things coming afterwards. I haven't really figured out exactly what...

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:11 PM
  8. Aces posted a new thread.

Frustrations

I never realized how frustrating it would be to change districts. Let me explain... My last day with this school/district is May 17th....

Forum: Teacher Time Out

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:32 PM
  9. Aces replied to the thread Nitpicking grades.

I like their faces when they watch this video aimed at younger kids. It's like "Really? This is the level of dumb we've fallen?" Yup!...

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:47 PM
  10. Aces replied to the thread Nitpicking grades.

I make them Google how averages work. There's a silly kids video out there I have them watch.

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:38 PM
  11. Aces replied to the thread Nitpicking grades.

So I'm very detailed-oriented. Show me the numbers, the data that supports what you're telling me. The patterns in the data don't lie....

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:08 PM
  12. Aces replied to the thread Electronic devices in your classrooms.

I'm very pro-tech. I honestly don't really care if students listen to music/use their phones during class. It doesn't really bother...

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:54 PM
  13. Aces replied to the thread Nitpicking grades.

Yup! That one! I'm very specific with my syllabus it's very detailed. It mentions the topics we'll be covering, a list of labs we...

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:34 PM
  14. Aces liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Nitpicking grades.

The syllabus they signed without reading it because they couldn't be bothered? That syllabus????

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:27 PM
  15. Aces replied to the thread Nitpicking grades.

Lucky you... We don't have the luxury of telling a parent "no" to a parent-teacher conference. So yeah. I've Sat through plenty of...

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:29 PM

Members Online Now

1. K1teach,
  2. MrsC
Total: 193 (members: 9, guests: 140, robots: 44)
test