2ndTimeAround's Recent Activity

1. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

Maybe that's the difference. I care about my students' parents just as I care about the grocery clerk down the road. The substitute...

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:30 PM
  2. 2ndTimeAround liked Backroads's post in the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

I think there are always room for exceptions, depending on personality and/or events, but I strongly disagree with the notion that...

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:19 PM
  3. 2ndTimeAround liked czacza's post in the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

Or are you enabling their helplessness? Something I struggle with.

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:19 PM
  4. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Principal walkthrough when I had a sub.

I don't know how it works in your district/state, so take this for what it's worth.But I don't think a visit to a union rep is...

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:16 PM
  5. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

I can't imagine having to tell parents that school is closed. Do these people not have access to a calendar? What tragedy befell parents...

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:58 PM
  6. 2ndTimeAround liked Backroads's post in the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

I have gone so far as to take my school email off of my phone. Much less an issue.

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:56 PM
  7. 2ndTimeAround liked Backroads's post in the thread I'm buying into embarrassing students....

Thank-you for this post. It was brilliantly said. I've never understood the desire to keep children from feeling shame, guilt,...

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:53 PM
  8. 2ndTimeAround liked Peregrin5's post in the thread I'm buying into embarrassing students....

Again, I think the way OP described this teaching method is plain abuse though I still think he has misinterpreted what the teacher's...

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:53 PM
  9. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Apologizing for snapping.

it's not ironic. You want THEM to be quiet so you can teach.

Feb 18, 2018
  10. 2ndTimeAround liked swansong1's post in the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

I find that responding to emails while not in school just adds to the neediness of the parents. I seem to have to train the parents and...

Feb 18, 2018
  11. 2ndTimeAround liked MrsC's post in the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

As a general rule, no, but I do make exceptions depending on the situation.

Feb 18, 2018
  12. 2ndTimeAround liked bella84's post in the thread Do you respond to parent emails over break?.

I sometimes respond to emails outside of working hours - but it depends who the email is from and what the purpose of the email is. With...

Feb 18, 2018
  13. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread I'm buying into embarrassing students....

I've found that the type of students you're teaching are VERY used to having everything done for them. They do not know how to work hard...

Feb 18, 2018
  14. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Bible Distribution in Public Elementary School.

Was this during instructional time? If so, I retract my statement. And good luck deciding where you want to work next/send your son to...

Feb 18, 2018

Members Online Now

1. MrsC,
  2. futuremathsprof,
  3. Missy,
  4. mrsf70,
  5. Kelster95,
  6. VATeacher
Total: 413 (members: 6, guests: 315, robots: 92)
test