2ndTimeAround's Recent Activity

1. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Worst Thing You've Found (or found missing) After You had a Sub?.

I've had coworkers cover my classes before and decide they didn't want to follow my plans. I write out the plans clearly. I have them...

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM
  2. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread "Dating" in 5th/6th grade?.

Mollito, I don't believe for a second that you are in sixth grade.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:52 PM
  3. 2ndTimeAround liked gr3teacher's post in the thread Worst Thing You've Found (or found missing) After You had a Sub?.

Never anything missing... my favorite sub story is the day I had an illiterate sub back when I first started teaching third grade....

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:09 AM
  4. 2ndTimeAround liked teacherintexas's post in the thread Is this normal for teachers....

Yes, but usually it's just a statement about how awesome my grades were. :laughing:

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:33 AM
  5. 2ndTimeAround liked Linguist92021's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I would not put up with her unprofessional, rude behavior. Let her know that you need to speak with her and set up a time when you both...

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:31 AM
  6. 2ndTimeAround liked swansong1's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

I think you have to get assertive with her. Tell her in no uncertain terms that you will not accept her behavior. Then, let her rant and...

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:31 AM
  7. 2ndTimeAround liked czacza's post in the thread Struggling with colleague big time.

Marginalize her. Let her sit at her desk and rant and rave. She's only making herself look bad.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:30 AM
  8. 2ndTimeAround liked TeacherNY's post in the thread Being Cussed at By a Student.

I would love to ask this idiot why she had kids to begin with? If you don't have the time/money to take care of them you should have...

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:02 PM
  9. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Is this normal for teachers....

I don't really see why the difference in pay matters. Your former salary doesn't make you more qualified to teach.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:56 PM
  10. 2ndTimeAround liked bella84's post in the thread Is this normal for teachers....

This has been the case in my experience, as well. Every teaching job I've ever applied for required that I upload transcripts when...

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:55 PM
  11. 2ndTimeAround liked teacherintexas's post in the thread Is this normal for teachers....

I've always had to provide a transcript. Most of the time they even want an official copy from the registrar's office. I had to...

12. 2ndTimeAround liked geoteacher's post in the thread Is this normal for teachers....

That is a little odd to ask upfront. I have always had to provide transcripts later in the process - both to prove my certification and...

13. 2ndTimeAround liked ChildWhisperer's post in the thread Can I take a personal day off on a PD day?.

Weird. My school prefers us to take days off when we don't have kids, like PD Days!

Mar 20, 2017

Members Online Now

1. waterfall,
  2. bros,
  3. Linguist92021
Total: 552 (members: 3, guests: 382, robots: 167)
test