2ndTimeAround's Recent Activity

1. 2ndTimeAround liked Backroads's post in the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

So they're special and immune to consequences because they're good students?

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:41 PM
  2. 2ndTimeAround liked SpecialPreskoo's post in the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

If you do nothing, then you lose their respect. They will think they can cheat again and nothing be done about it.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM
  3. 2ndTimeAround liked swansong1's post in the thread Caught 2 Students Cheating on Big Quiz. What to Do?.

Students who cheat in my class are given zeroes. I have seen posters recommend giving both students (separately) an alternate exam that...

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM
  4. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Have Student with ADHD Who gets Accommodations. Do I Grade the Same?.

Is there is any specific information on how to reduce the workload? I'm surprised that a student is allowed to do half of the class and...

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:37 PM
  5. 2ndTimeAround liked Caesar753's post in the thread Should I say something?.

If it's true that he said that, those comments are disgusting and despicable. If you don't stand up for this student, who will? If it...

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM
  6. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread No late homework..

I've had parents complain about homework being too much on busy nights. I truly don't care. I don't assign a lot of homework. Not every...

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM
  7. 2ndTimeAround liked gr3teacher's post in the thread Places without unions?.

The correct answer to any criticism you might hear, ever, of a teacher based on a single day of substituting is a polite nod and...

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:33 PM
  8. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Places without unions?.

I'd be very leery about working in a school where the principal openly bad-mouthed his/her staff to complete strangers subbing in the...

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:06 PM
  9. 2ndTimeAround liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread Places without unions?.

It's not, actually. You said you later spoke with other teachers who know him. That's gossip. Even if you say it wasn't gossip, it's...

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:05 PM
  10. 2ndTimeAround liked YoungTeacherGuy's post in the thread Places without unions?.

Engaging in this sort of dialogue is extremely unbecoming. A simple, "Oh, dear!" would've sufficed. When people see that you don't...

11. 2ndTimeAround liked czacza's post in the thread Places without unions?.

So unprofessional of the P and others to discuss the teacher in whose room you were subbing. Engaging with them about that teacher's...

Members Online Now

1. GemStone,
  2. Xerographica,
  3. Linguist92021,
  4. mathteachertobe
Total: 495 (members: 5, guests: 402, robots: 88)
test