2ndTimeAround's Recent Activity

1. 2ndTimeAround liked waterfall's post in the thread Fidget Spinners.

I am a SPED teacher and have seen fidgets work extremely rarely. IME 98% of the time the fidget ends up just distracting the kid more...

May 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM
  2. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Fidget Spinners.

Even then, a child doesn't need a fidget SPINNER, he needs a fidget tool. That tool may or may not be a spinner or it might be a squishy...

May 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM
  3. 2ndTimeAround liked AmyMyNamey's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

Can you remember when Idiocracy was a comedy and not a documentary?

May 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM
  4. 2ndTimeAround liked MrTempest's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

Without getting political, I was and still am a Bernie Sanders supporter. However, one of the things on his platform is free college for...

May 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM
  5. 2ndTimeAround liked GTB4GT's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

I think that has already happened, at least in my area. I am in fact surprised that we have as many kids who work as hard as they do. My...

May 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM
  6. 2ndTimeAround liked MrTempest's post in the thread A Scary Trend?.

There are many things that are eroding education today. One of my main concerns is that, at least where I am, we are constantly lowering...

May 27, 2017 at 4:54 PM
  7. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Sub needs advice: suspected cheating, wrong names.

I would have called in another teacher or administrator to ID the boys. This is one of the many reasons why I do not leave tests on sub...

May 27, 2017 at 4:27 PM
  8. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread How do you "move up" in your district?.

have you been teaching six years or have you been in that district for six years?

May 27, 2017 at 4:26 PM
  9. 2ndTimeAround liked Caesar753's post in the thread Threats at the end of the school year..

I would want that kind of thing attached to the kid's record.

May 23, 2017
  10. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Have you ever sent materials you purchased with a student?.

I agree with the others - these are your boxes and you are choosing to share them with your current students. You have to let this child...

May 23, 2017
  11. 2ndTimeAround liked czacza's post in the thread Have you ever sent materials you purchased with a student?.

Send her the pictures and descriptions of the boxes with the explanation that you bought the materials and created the boxes yourself.

May 23, 2017

Members Online Now

1. waterfall,
  2. kellzy
Total: 482 (members: 2, guests: 362, robots: 118)
test