2ndTimeAround's Recent Activity

1. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Allowing students to grade work.

I used to be very adamant about NOT allowing it. But last year I started teaching advanced placement classes and it is recommended that...

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM
  2. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Biology B.S. vs B.A. for undergrad.

I'm going to disagree with the two previous posters. First, organic chemistry is traditionally MUCH harder than intro chem. Second, it...

Nov 18, 2017 at 1:06 PM
  3. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Being expected to collaborate with other teachers.

I don't see both sides. I don't agree with the admin at all. Seems to me like he is far more concerned about pandering to parents than...

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM
  4. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread How's your relationship w/admin?.

I get along with all of them (we have six) and have little respect for any of them. Some are more approachable than others. I've learned...

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:43 PM
  5. 2ndTimeAround replied to the thread Do teachers bring bad behavior on themselves?.

I think trying to nail down reasons for students' behavior to a simple list of who gets the blame is silly. We all have our experiences...

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:05 AM
  6. 2ndTimeAround liked nstructor's post in the thread Do teachers bring bad behavior on themselves?.

Great response. It's impossible to say that being respectful to students and keeping them busy will cause no discipline problems. That...

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM
  7. 2ndTimeAround liked AmyMyNamey's post in the thread Do teachers bring bad behavior on themselves?.

It's popular to blame teachers for all of society's ills. Lot of money to be made by doing so. My experience has been that poor...

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM

Members Online Now

Total: 395 (members: 0, guests: 264, robots: 131)
test